Very powerful, PPSSPP is a free and free Sony PSP emulator (for Windows, Android and others via SDL) written in C++ by Henrik Rydgard (very well known under the pseudonym of Ector, already author of the PSP emulator Potemkin and best known for Dolphin, having also worked on a number of Dreamcast emulators).
CHD was originally a format for compressing hard drives from arcade games in MAME, but has become since the most popular format for storing ISOs for CD- and DVD-based video game consoles. PSP already has a different format, CSO, which can be used toilize loss-lessly compress ISOs, and as a bonus, unlike CHD, these actually work on the real hardware.
So you might ask, why support CHD? It does provide a slightly better compression ratio, but the main reason is that it’s simply asked a lot. Many people seem to familiarize with a set of tools, and since CHD works to...
It's an easy-to-use user interface for mupen64plus (which it integrates), free and open source, it's written in C++.
– Fix updater for portable installs on windows failing to extract the zip file
– Fix Load State and View Log having the same default shortcut
– Fix not being GPL compliant by disabling the building of angrylion-rdp-plus by default (thank you @orbea and @carmiker)
– Fix installation not respecting CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR
– Fix third party projects not respecting CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
– Fix not all third party projects respecting the RelWithDebInfo configuration properly
– Fix GLideN64 not installing correctly with the RelWithDebInfo configuration
– Fix mupen64plus callbacks during initialization not showing up in the log window
– Add a few GUI logging messages
– Improve view log dialog behavior with clearing the log
– Update copyright year in the about dialog (thank you @JakobDev) ...
Created by Near (ex byuu) and continued by Luke Usher ( PolyBlast / CxBx-Reloaded ) and others, Ares is a multi-system emulator whose development began on October 14, 2004. He is a descendant of Higan and BSNES. It focuses on precision and preservation.
Ares emulates the following 33 machines:
– Atari 2600
– Famicom and Famicom Disk System
Ares emulates the following 33 machines:
– Nintendo 64/64 DD
– Atari 2600
– Famicom + Famicom Disk System
– Super Famicom + Super Game Boy
– Nintendo 64/64DD
– Game Boy + Game Boy Color
– Game Boy Advance + Game Boy Player
– SG-1000 (+ Arcade version) + SC-3000
– Master System + Game Gear
– Mega Drive + Mega 32X + Mega CD
– Nichibutsu – My Vision
– PC Engine + PC Engine CD + SuperGrafx
– MSX + MSX2
– Neo Geo Pocket + Neo Geo Pocket Color here ...
RPCS3 is a multi-platform open-source Sony PlayStation3 emulator and debugger for Windows, Linux, macOS and BSD. The purpose of the project is to completely and accurately emulate PlayStation3 with the power of open-source community and reverse engineering.
Fix sceNpBasicSetPresence when data is nullptr and size is 0;
Fix mounting of files in cellSearch;
Fix PPU progress dialog hint;
Fix RSX tiling when using optimized DMA views;
cellPad LDD fixup;
Add more debug info in serial_breathe_and_tag();
Simplify lv2_timer_thread management;
Fix a corner case in lv2_timer_thread abort;
Fix sceNpManagerGetNetworkTime called before rpcn connection;
Rosalie's Mupen GUI is a free and open-source mupen64plus front-end written in C++.
It offers a simple-to-use user interface.
– Fixedissue with vulkan video plugins
– Fix some error messages not being shown when there are a lot of errors
– Fix cheat dialog not allowing empty lines
– Fix forward slashes displayed in paths on windows
– Fix some timers starting before plugins are ready
– Improve video size behaviour by ensuring the video size matches the window size
– Update mupen64plus-core, GLideN64 and SDL-GameControllerDB
Denise is an accurate c64/Amiga emulator whose project is influenced by the higan emulator design.
– added D3D11 driver
– openGL has bad VSYNC/VRR behavior on Windows 11 (replace it with D3D11: Options->Video->Driver)
– ported internal and external openGL shader to D3D11
– added italian translation (thanks to Luigi)
– added an option to rotate the screen (90°/180°/270°)
– added an option to force a single instance when opening another instance from frontend loader or file explorer
– fixed Amiga basic volume (louder)
– improved 1571 emulation
– added C64 cartridges: Comal-80, Silverrock, RGCD
– added a more easy way to set stereo separation (Audio -> DSP)
– added tapes to swapper (mixed disc/tape swapper)
– added option to decide if manual warping stops automatic warping until next restart
– added more options to control the screen aspect ratio
– added button/hotkey to crop the outer frame after resizing or changing « aspect...
An ultra-precise Gameboy B&W/Color emulator for Windows and MacOs also offering a debugger.
A new, fully-featured iOS frontend:
Supports every iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch model running iOS 11 or newer (iOS 13 or newer is recommended)
Can be installed by side-loading (using AltStore or TrollStore) or using a jailbreak
Innovative and customizable touch controls, including support for analog rewind, fast-forward and slow motion
In-game rumble support
Game Boy Camera support
Motion controls for supported games
Notifications for alarm-clock-enabled games
Advanced emulation settings
A lot more!
Reopening a ROM from Finder or other means now reloads the ROM in the Cocoa frontend
The SDL frontend received a small facelift
Cheats support in the SDL frontend
The SDL frontend can now pick a specific revision from CLI
A new reset...