Ares Git (2022/02/28) is compiled. ares is a multi-system emulator that began development on October 14th, 2004. It is a descendent of higan and bsnes, and focuses on accuracy and preservation.
ares currently emulates the following 27 hardware devices:
* Famicom + Famicom Disk System
* Super Famicom + Super Game Boy
* Nintendo 64 (under development)
* Game Boy + Game Boy Color
* Game Boy Advance + Game Boy Player
* SG-1000 + SC-3000
* Master System + Game Gear
* Mega Drive + Mega CD
* PC Engine + PC Engine CD + SuperGrafx
* MSX + MSX2
* Neo Geo Pocket + Neo Geo Pocket Color
* WonderSwan + WonderSwan Color + SwanCrystal + Pocket Challenge V2
Ares Git changelog:
* Revert "ares: remove performance renderers"
* m68000: reimplement DBcc instruction with correct timing
* ares: remove performance renderers
* nall: fix many compilation warnings on macOS
* md: fix debug register sprite masking
* md: fix APU port in
* md: second attempt at vblank bit timing
A new release of mGBA, version 0.9.3 is available. This version is a bugfix release, which contains many important fixes. Importantly, random freezing with the OpenGL display driver, mostly when using fast forward, which had only partially been fixed in 0.9.2, should now be properly fixed. An extensive list of changes follows after the cut.
GB I/O: Fix incrementing SGB controller when P14 is low (fixes #2202)
GB Video: Render SGB border when unmasking with ATTR/PAL_SET (fixes #2261)
GBA SIO: Fix SI value for unattached MULTI mode
GBA Video: Fix backdrop color if DISPCNT is first set to 0 (fixes #2260)
GBA Video: Don’t iterate affine backgrounds when disabled
GBA Video: Delay enabling backgrounds in bitmap modes (fixes #1668)
A new release of mGBA, version 0.9.1, is available. This version is a bugfix release, which contains many important fixes for bugs not caught before 0.9.0 was released. Importantly, fixes for save states affecting both GBA and GBC, the OpenGL renderer lagging when fast-forwarding, and improved detection of Pokémon ROM hacks. An extensive list of changes follows after the cut.
ARM: Fix LDM^ with empty rlist (fixes #2127)
Core: Fix first event scheduling after loading savestate
GB Serialize: Fix switching speed modes when loading a state (fixes #2097)
GB: Fix skipping BIOS
GBA Memory: Fix loading Thumb savestates when in ARM mode
GBA Video: Fix window start on modes 3-5 with mosaic (fixes #1690)
GBA Video: Fix mode 3-5 overflow with mosaic (fixes #1691)
GBA: Fix non-USA 1.0 FireRed misdetecting as a ROM hack (fixes #2100)
GBA: Fix crash when ROM loading fails
GBA e-Reader: Fix bitmap short strip scanning
GBA Video: Fix mode 5 frame 1 caching...