What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurchdom

Zelda : ocarina of time

Great Job on the GPU/emulator Rice! (compliments aside)

HELP! my fonts are shadows. The "N" in the beginning is bright red. How can I fix this trouble?

Info: Vidcard Fx5200

see attachments. . .

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Lurchdom said:
Great Job on the GPU/emulator Rice! (compliments aside)

HELP! my fonts are shadows. The "N" in the beginning is bright red. How can I fix this trouble?

Info: Vidcard Fx5200

see attachments. . .

The answer is to use DirectX instead of OpenGL, and use Pixel shader combiner (or Fit to your video card) instead of other combiners. And turning on both Software T&L and software clipper.

gandalf

Member ready to help
tomman said:
[español]gandalf: Jabo no me sirve con Doom, ni con Yoshi, ni con Kirby... Estoy bajando Pokemon Snap, se la llevara bien con Rice/Jabo??[/español]
[english]Martin: Sorry, but there are NO spanish decent emulation forums like this. And my english is SH**. I know that English roolz this world, but i'm from Latin America, and we have the freedom of speech, at least. So don't complain.[/english]

I'm downloading Pokémon Snap, is there any known issue with Jabo/Glide64/Rice Video? If i found anything, i will post it.

Wait a second!!
Don´t download Pokemon Snap,there are a problem with all the emus with this game: controls will never works.
You can´t move the cam ,and the game never recognize a new pokemon or an object.
The game have an protection.
In the real N64,works great,nice game,but few pokemons

Trotterwatch

Don´t download Pokemon Snap,there are a problem with all the emus with this game: controls will never works.
You can´t move the cam ,and the game never recognize a new pokemon or an object.

It actually works using Rices plugin in 1964 (with certain settings). Credit goes to RCgamer for figuring it out, and Rice for working the magic in the plugin.

No point getting it though, you still won't get rated for the pics properly.

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Rice said:
The answer is to use DirectX instead of OpenGL, and use Pixel shader combiner (or Fit to your video card) instead of other combiners. And turning on both Software T&L and software clipper.
And what shall I do?I have GeForce 4 Mx440..so no pixel shaders.. :spam:
tried (ToFit=>directx)but still errors.. :arabia:
OpenGl is great but the text is black.. {}:{
anyway RiceVideo is one from the Greatest plugins i've ever seen..Exellent work,Rice.. :satisfied

Lurchdom

Thankyou Rice that did the trick. Everything looks as it should.

Direct X selected
T&L
software clipper
Pixel Shader

On a side note how does one improve speed or lower slowdowns?

thanks again

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
And what shall I do?I have GeForce 4 Mx440..so no pixel shaders..

The best bets for you are DirectX 2-stage combiner or OGL 1.4 combiner.

Last edited:

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Rice said:
The best bets for you are DirectX 2-stage combiner or OGL 1.4 combiner.
Directx 2-stage seems to work good with most games..some errors with zelda [like white fairy]..so its the best choice..thanx
OGL 1.4 is too bad..The better is (opengl for GeForce or better)..
I found that when I downgrade driver to 40,choose TNT combiner,Zelda works perfectly exept the sky is black..

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Pokemoner said:
I found that when I downgrade driver to 40,choose TNT combiner,Zelda works perfectly exept the sky is black..

That's true. The highest version of driver to support TNT combiner is 41.09. Zelda sky was working fine with TNT combiner.

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Rice said:
That's true. The highest version of driver to support TNT combiner is 41.09. Zelda sky was working fine with TNT combiner.
Here is a screenshot:(The sky at Hyrule field is good..Also,when I move near link's house,the sky appears normal..but when I move it returns black)..

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
Trotterwatch said:
It actually works using Rices plugin in 1964 (with certain settings). Credit goes to RCgamer for figuring it out, and Rice for working the magic in the plugin.

No point getting it though, you still won't get rated for the pics properly.

Oh really Trotter?
Because i delete the ROM because that problem

tomman

Pokemons and framebuffers...

gandalf said:
Wait a second!!
In the real N64,works great,nice game,but few pokemons

:pj64: Hmmmm... Yesterday i checked PJ64 Game FAQ. So there is an protection, huh? So... is this game useless for now? I've played it in a real N64, so i'm downloading it.

Well, working or not, i will finish that download. Maybe for 1964 1.x.x... :spam:

On other news, it appears that framebuffer emulation is broken.... I don't know if this is a known issue, but a lot of framebuffer-enabled games (such Yoshi's Story or Dr. Mario) worked (almost) fine with Rice Daedalus 5.2.0... but with Rice Video 5.4.3 it results in (some) compressed texts and logos.

Why Framebuffer emulation is a real pain in the *ss?

Last edited:

Shin_Gouki

@tomman
tomman said:
try to code some working N64 Video plugin for yourself and then add frame buffer support to it , maybe then you know....
wbr Shin Gouki

rcgamer

the old guy
tomman said:
:pj64: Hmmmm... Yesterday i checked PJ64 Game FAQ. So there is an protection, huh? So... is this game useless for now? I've played it in a real N64, so i'm downloading it.

Well, working or not, i will finish that download. Maybe for 1964 1.x.x... :spam:

On other news, it appears that framebuffer emulation is broken.... I don't know if this is a known issue, but a lot of framebuffer-enabled games (such Yoshi's Story or Dr. Mario) worked (almost) fine with Rice Daedalus 5.2.0... but with Rice Video 5.4.3 it results in (some) compressed texts and logos.

actually dr. mario works fine here. you need a decent graphics card. Also i wouldnt say that the framebuffer is "broken" (go back a few pages and there is an example of it working with banjo kazooie.). I just dont think its been implemented fully ,the way rice wants it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just reinstalled my Radeon 9000, using pixel shader and software clipper etc

In Mystical ninja i'm getting green textures all over the shop :p

Keepah

thanks for your fantastic work Rice that really kick ass :D

I figure out developping a video plugin must be really a crazy thing, hard, long ... etc.. so why not develop only one render engine (directx or open gl) instead of two ? For compatibility purpose with old graphics cards ? This is a lot of works, if I wrote a graphic plugin I would only support radeon 9xxx and geforce 4200 and up. Peoples can get angry about this idea but it's minmal specs nowadays and a 9200 card is really not expensive moreover in six month theses card will be out of fashion already...

Well but it's just a supposition, I don't know much about coding, don't get angry about me. I just wanted to ask about this idea, I surely don't want to give advice to Rice! Just wanted opinion of peoples and if this post is judged annoying then no problem i'll delete it

Last edited:

Cadex

Keepah said:
I figure out developping a video plugin must be really a crazy thing, hard, long ... etc.. so why not develop only one render engine (directx or open gl) instead of two ? for compatibility purpose with old graphics cards ? That sux this is a lot of works, if I wrote a graphic plugin I would only support radeon 9xxx and geforce 4200 and up. Peoples can get angry about this idea but it's minmal specs nowadays and don't say me a 9200 card is expensive moreover in six month theses card will be out of fashion already ... (are you gonna keep your pII 233 - S3 virge forever hihi ? =)

Those are NOT minimal specs nowadays, more like above average specs. Maybe Rice is developing what he is personally interested in doing?

With that selfish attitude, maybe you should work for Microsoft... :(

khanmeister

Banned
Cadex said:
Those are NOT minimal specs nowadays, more like above average specs. Maybe Rice is developing what he is personally interested in doing?

With that selfish attitude, maybe you should work for Microsoft... :(

Quit this bickering crap please, this thread is for posting rice feedback, etc.

:ranting:

tuw

Definately great work

As with all great work it is never finished.

Now with all the Zelda OoT fixes I am surprised there are stilll problems. First of all when if ever will we be able to not require a cheat to fix the delay before going into the subscreen (pause menu).(Or will this need to be fixed in the emu itself).

Also with the same subscreen RiceVideo still can not videw the JPG of link showing his current age and equipment. (thus still using glN64, which both are great video plugins).

Also StarCraft (atleast for me) still has some major issues. ROM_properties says it is playable and it will run but i would hardly call it playable. It is mostly black, and has black boxes that block other items. (Perhaps my settings are wrong I am using the default).

Status
Not open for further replies.