What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanraab

tuw said:
As with all great work it is never finished.

Now with all the Zelda OoT fixes I am surprised there are stilll problems. First of all when if ever will we be able to not require a cheat to fix the delay before going into the subscreen (pause menu).(Or will this need to be fixed in the emu itself).

Also with the same subscreen RiceVideo still can not videw the JPG of link showing his current age and equipment. (thus still using glN64, which both are great video plugins).

Also StarCraft (atleast for me) still has some major issues. ROM_properties says it is playable and it will run but i would hardly call it playable. It is mostly black, and has black boxes that block other items. (Perhaps my settings are wrong I am using the default).

I got starcraft working just mess with the settings.

tomman

Finally i got Pokemon Snap. I got minor glitches around the game, and in the title screen. the menu items appear corrupted. I'm using (S)panish version, UNLISTED on 1964 INI file (why?).

BTW: so this game uses a protection system... Is there a way/cheat/hack/patch for get the stick working so i can move the camera, and get the pictures after finishing a zone?

PistolGrip

Keepah said:
thanks for your fantastic work Rice that really kick ass :D

I figure out developping a video plugin must be really a crazy thing, hard, long ... etc.. so why not develop only one render engine (directx or open gl) instead of two ? For compatibility purpose with old graphics cards ? This is a lot of works, if I wrote a graphic plugin I would only support radeon 9xxx and geforce 4200 and up. Peoples can get angry about this idea but it's minmal specs nowadays and a 9200 card is really not expensive moreover in six month theses card will be out of fashion already...

Well but it's just a supposition, I don't know much about coding, don't get angry about me. I just wanted to ask about this idea, I surely don't want to give advice to Rice! Just wanted opinion of peoples and if this post is judged annoying then no problem i'll delete it

I agree. The needs of the many (those with DX 8 and up compatible cards) outweigh the needs of the few (integrated gfx and other old poor performing cards). Half the problems with all the plugins is some guy on SIS/S3 Virge/Trident hardware complaining it doesn't work correctly or that Mario's eye is black on one level of SM64. This causes unnecessary support issues.

Quite frankly if you cannot afford to upgrade your hardware you should not be complaining AT ALL because there are things that YOU can do simply by spending some money to improve your situation. ONE person should not spend time fixing bugs that only 10% of people will actually see, especially if that time could be better spent making 90% of people much happier. If the only reason that bug occurs is because you have old hardware and several hacks need to be in place to emulate certain functionality, then that is ignorance/stupidity/laziness on your part. Get a job or bug your parents.

Having said all that it is up to Rice to choose what he wants to do. The above is just my opinion and how I would handle the situation since I am also a programmer.

Grip

tomman

Hey! There are TOO MANY people with crappy/integrated video cards. I buy a computer for do anything, games is just a hobbie. Some of us live in countries where we can't afford the purchase of new technology. For example, in Venezuela, a GeForce 3 (old crap) is 1000$+. So we need to survive with our old and crappy systems. If you can buy a 3+GHz processor with lots of cool addons, great, but some users can't do that.

If i earn some money there, is for eat, not for feed my computer.

You need to read more newspapers, man ;)

PistolGrip

tomman said:
Hey! There are TOO MANY people with crappy/integrated video cards. I buy a computer for do anything, games is just a hobbie. Some of us live in countries where we can't afford the purchase of new technology. For example, in Venezuela, a GeForce 3 (old crap) is 1000$+. So we need to survive with our old and crappy systems. If you can buy a 3+GHz processor with lots of cool addons, great, but some users can't do that.

Did you know some people don't even have computers? I don't think anyone really cares why any other person buys a computer. If you want N64 emulation and games to be your hobby then you need to do your best to keep up with the times. If your CPU was only a 133MHz one I doubt you would even be here, or maybe you would, complaining about how slow 1964 runs. A PC isn't just your CPU, it's about all the pieces together including your graphics card.

Why should 50% of the time be devoted to hardware like yours just so you (and the rest of the 10%) can get your 20fps and complain about everything not being perfect (it never will be, moreso on your hardware). I don't see how it is anyone else's problem except yours regarding the expense of upgrading, what good is complaining going to do? If you were serious you could always move countries. To you computing may just be a hobby, but to many people it is a way of life.

Grip

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
tomman said:

$1000 dollars for a GeForce 3? Someone must have gotten drunk!

For cryin' out loud, even a Radeon 9800XT don't cost that much!!!

khanmeister

Banned
RJARRRPCGP said:
$1000 dollars for a GeForce 3? Someone must have gotten drunk!

For cryin' out loud, even a Radeon 9800XT don't cost that much!!!

Maybe in Venezuelan dollars that is only like $100 US. If so, then yeah, a geforce costs a grip down there. I understand the point, however, reality is at fault here, not Rice for not supporting every third world economy computer out there.

Nobody complains to BMW about designing cars that are too expensive, they just go without some featuers, like n64 emulation.

This is all OT, though, and not relevant to the new plugin, which is great.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
khanmeister said:
Maybe in Venezuelan dollars that is only like $100 US. If so, then yeah, a geforce costs a grip down there. I understand the point, however, reality is at fault here, not Rice for not supporting every third world economy computer out there.

Nobody complains to BMW about designing cars that are too expensive, they just go without some featuers, like n64 emulation.

This is all OT, though, and not relevant to the new plugin, which is great.

I was assuming he was talking about US dollars.

gandalf

Member ready to help
No, here in Argentina an AMD Athlon 64 FX is U$S 1000 (american dollar),about 3000 "pesos" here.
Oh my,an Radeon 9800 XT is 700 american dollars.

Ok,the best plug-in for SiS (an SiS 630/730 onboard GFX chip) is Jabo.
SiS 630/730 is DX7 compilant and a poor support of Open GL 1.1!

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
This talk is stupid. Plz stick to the topic and move this conversation to the relavent forum. It is up to Rice to make a decision, and not because it suits you. If you were in the other preson's shoes then you would say the opposite.

Last edited:

StAmAtIs

Just some other little glitches I have found:

Cyber Tiger - Tiger's face looks all messed up and there is a white spot on his pants.

Jeopardy - Just some glitches with the startup logo and some of the video clips.

Screenshots:

rcgamer

the old guy
i dont think mega man should have all the squares all over the background in the opening and cut scenes.

Keepah

gandalf said:
No, here in Argentina an AMD Athlon 64 FX is U$S 1000 (american dollar),about 3000 "pesos" here.
Oh my,an Radeon 9800 XT is 700 american dollars.
Don't know your country situation but perhaps importing is not a bad idea to consider at

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Just some quick reports for Rice:
Firstly it seems like 2d sprites have a problem where they appear then after a second they break up into squares (like rcgamer pointed out)

Some examples esp obvious in EarthWorm Jim

pics 2-4

Also earthworm's body is missing at the start of the game!

pics 0-1

Sanfran rush is also a bit strange. The title and midway logo seem corrupted. Also the cockpit view seems to clip too many ploygons.

(Pics in next post)

Finally in Mario Kart there is a line under the press start.

(pic in next post)

Thats what i have notice from my infrequent tests. Safe to say tho that this plugin is so good at the moment that IMO its the best out there bar none.

My specs p111 877mhz gf2mx 384mb ram. Win Xp.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
pics for last post i made.

As i said everything else seems to work perfectly. Oh but i was watching the intro for paper mario and there where a lot of things not drawn when it game to mario and showing the gameplay.
If any of these have already been posted then sorry, but im pretty sure as i have said that most problems left are related. Hopefully some new ucodes can be found and we can have world driver's championship +rest working.

Btw where is Smiff?? He said he was going on a break but didnt think it was permanent.... most of original forumers have gone (where's skateboy damn forgot his name). Heck even miss doom's spam *tear*. ....

Last edited:

tomman

Ok, back to topic...
I attach a shot of Spanish Pokemon Snap title screen. Notice the crappy menu items text. Does this game uses framebuffer? I got also some flickering on the top of the mountains in the intro movie. Since this version appears to not be listed on neither 1964 INI nor RiceVideo INI, i'm using default settings (for emu&plugin, except i've disabled Software T&L). If you notice blocky textures, is not an plugin issue... i've tweaked my graphic system 3D performance settings up to max speed. I got that "corrupted" text on title screen only, in the rest of the game, i don't got any major bugs, just random and slight flickering. This plugin is fast and good for this game... i wish only any cheat/patch/updated emulator for play it :bouncy:

rcgamer

the old guy
hello again, star wars episode 1 racer is really looking good except for the missing graphics that are closest . if you use the 3rd person view it looks great. heres a screen of missing graphics. oh and you cant see the picture of the racers when you are choosing drivers.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Keepah said:
Don't know your country situation but perhaps importing is not a bad idea to consider at

but have government importation tax.... in brazil is about 60~80%.........

Ok, back to topic...
I attach a shot of Spanish Pokemon Snap title screen. Notice the crappy menu items text. Does this game uses framebuffer?

This games uses framebuffer for the pics of pokemon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.