What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
RiceVideo Rules! (I speak spanish, so i try to tell to you what i see!)
This plugin is really EXCELLENT, BUT I want to see if you could make some kind of TRICK to get maximum (or double, triple) visibility in ALL GAMES. (Elements appears suddenly when you go near to some areas in all the games).
I attach an example (California Speed).
See you.

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
Me again...

Yes, it’s me again…
This is another example, to understand what I want to say.
This ocurrs in the game S.F. Rush:
1. This is nothing here...(Image 1)
2. I move (a little) the car to front.
And VOILÁ...
3. That mountain appears suddenly in the horizon...(Image 2)

Can you make something for display this poligons before we reach this point in this and another games?
You could make the user decide what kind of visibility he wants (2x, 3x, infinite).
Thanks for read...
See you.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I believe that's a limitation of the actual Nintendo 64. It's called 'pop-up' and it happens due to the fact that the Nintendo 64 can only render so many polygons. It's a rather ugly effect, but I don't think there's much Rice can do about it.

pilm

Lillymon said:
I believe that's a limitation of the actual Nintendo 64. It's called 'pop-up' and it happens due to the fact that the Nintendo 64 can only render so many polygons. It's a rather ugly effect, but I don't think there's much Rice can do about it.

Yes, it's coded right in the ROM, and the plugin doesn't decide the visibility level.

SubCog

oh, c'mon rice! can't you just hack each rom individually for draw distance? And while your at it, will you please port quake2 to the farcry engine for me?

h3h3

lol
ya that'd be cool hu?
can't wait the next release now ;-)

why can I use ur plugin with 1964 only ???
might be a dumb question though

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
SubCog said:
oh, c'mon rice! can't you just hack each rom individually for draw distance? And while your at it, will you please port quake2 to the farcry engine for me?

As I know, Rice don't want hacks in his plugin (as every plugin coder I know).......
For this I have a simple solution: Do It Yourself....... if you can :p

why can I use ur plugin with 1964 only ???
might be a dumb question though

A little dumb...... :D
No. This plugin is compatible with zilmar specs. You can use in any emulator that is compatible with this specs......... (PJ64 for example)

h3h3

A little dumb...... :D
No. This plugin is compatible with zilmar specs. You can use in any emulator that is compatible with this specs......... (PJ64 for example)[/QUOTE]

gives me an error message :-/
with newer and older versions...

Clements

AFAIK Rice's Video plugin uses extended zilmar spec. (to make FB emulation easier). That's why when used with PJ64 you get more errors in the graphics.

Shaka

gives me an error message :-/
with newer and older versions...

Error message in emulator window or in game ?

Launched Super Mario 64 (U) [!] here with clean install of PJ64 1.5 + Service Pack and no problem.

h3h3

Shaka said:
Error message in emulator window or in game ?

Launched Super Mario 64 (U) [!] here with clean install of PJ64 1.5 + Service Pack and no problem.

emulator windwow...
trying to pick rices plugin opening settings
plop:
"failed to load blah blah blahplugin "

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
Me again…
I watched some games and I found some suspects what could make the pop-up effect (Castlevania, S.F. Rush, Turok).
I looked other games (Conker’s BFD, Goldeneye 007, Ridge Racer 64) but they not present that effect.
Is there some way to quit the pop-up effect and show all poligons before we’re near to them?

Basta

I Have on this Screen in Ferzo a slow down Fps >1 i takes long to pass this screen i don't no what the problem is, this problem do i have in any version of rice plugin, with glide or jabos plugin i don't have a slowdown.

olivieryuyu

Basta said:
I Have on this Screen in Ferzo a slow down Fps >1 i takes long to pass this screen i don't no what the problem is, this problem do i have in any version of rice plugin, with glide or jabos plugin i don't have a slowdown.

that problem is already reported

riles9262

My dissident is here...
sorry if this has been asked already but:
i see all these pics of conkers bfd and i cant get it to start using rices plugin (i think it worked a little for 5.2.0 but not after). it gets to the "mature audience" screen at the beginning and the game freezes. are there some settings that need to be changed in the plugin or for the rom itself? i have tried jabos and it works, although very slowly and with artifacts.

im using directx and the pixel shader combiner and rices 5.4.3b. all other settins are default and software tl and clipper are both on.

edit: have tried with the vid card at stock speeds and same deal.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Basta said:

It has been verified that the problem happens to Nvidia cards. It happens to my older GF2 MX400, but not on my new Radeon 9600. The slow down is in fact not in the plugin code, but in device driver. I need to take a closer look of it.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
riles9262 said:
sorry if this has been asked already but:
i see all these pics of conkers bfd and i cant get it to start using rices plugin (i think it worked a little for 5.2.0 but not after). it gets to the "mature audience" screen at the beginning and the game freezes. are there some settings that need to be changed in the plugin or for the rom itself? i have tried jabos and it works, although very slowly and with artifacts.

im using directx and the pixel shader combiner and rices 5.4.3b. all other settins are default and software tl and clipper are both on.

edit: have tried with the vid card at stock speeds and same deal.

One thing you can do is to check your N64 frame buffer setting in the plugin. For Conker, the setting should be "Hide" the frame buffer effect.

Other than this, I cannot have another reason why the game freezes because of a video plugin. Game freeze is usually caused by the emulator, not the plugin.

Maybe you just need to quit it and load it again.

Shin_Gouki

thx Rice
for telling us again, isn´t there a way to collect described problems so that everyone before posting have to read it?
wbr Shin Gouki

Status
Not open for further replies.