What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAmAtIs

More bugs to report:

Brunswick Pro Bowling: When creating your bowler you can not see the bowler's body. This happens on the default settings. When I enable normal blender and normal combiner some parts of the body show but not all.

Centre Court Tennis: In the main menu you can see 4 boxes but not the name of the modes on the default settings. When I enable normal combiner you can see the name of the modes but not the 4 picture boxes.

Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut: On the start up screen you can see the stars moving around but what it traces does not appear.

Screens:

Last edited:

StAmAtIs

Some more games:

Command & Conquer: Startup logo is messed up and some of the menu's are messed up too.

War Gods: One of the startup logos has like a glitch line under the logo.
(and of course the flickering problem during gameplay which has already been reported)

World Cup 98: When selecting your team you can not see the name of the team above the flag in that little box.

Screens:

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Rice, can I make a request that more resolutions be supported in a later release?

When using TV out I get better results when using 720*576 but your plugin doesnt support this.

Cheers and keep up the great work!!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Pilotwings looks fantastic with pixel shader (yes i'm using my Radeon unlike what my specs below say!) :p

except the red ring on the target disappears when you get near it, thats the only thing i saw that was wrong.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Sayargh said:
Pilotwings looks fantastic with pixel shader (yes i'm using my Radeon unlike what my specs below say!) :p

except the red ring on the target disappears when you get near it, thats the only thing i saw that was wrong.

I already reported this problem.... as i see this is the only problem :( .... Pilotwings is near perfection....... :D and i played many times on real n64....

PistolGrip

Nighty0 said:
I already reported this problem.... as i see this is the only problem :( .... Pilotwings is near perfection....... :D and i played many times on real n64....

I also reported this about a year ago, have the "framebuffer" blur issues gone in the later levels? I should test this again, made the later stages nearly unplayable in slowness and blurriness.

Grip

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
PistolGrip said:
I also reported this about a year ago, have the "framebuffer" blur issues gone in the later levels? I should test this again, made the later stages nearly unplayable in slowness and blurriness.

Grip

I don't remember about motion blur effects in pilotwings on real64.......
In what levels you see these effects?

PistolGrip

Nighty0 said:
I don't remember about motion blur effects in pilotwings on real64.......
In what levels you see these effects?

I don't know if it's supposed to be motion blurring or not, but it did occur in 5.1.0 of Rice's plugin. Since I was in PJ64 at the time and have also lost my save state I cannot remember which exact stage it was on. But it started on the second set of missions with the jetpack, if you move around really fast it seems to blur or something along those lines. When you get to the 3rd or 4th set of missions it was extremely noticable all the time no matter how fast you move. The targets are very hard to see for some reason like they are missing details.

Grip

n00b_patrol

is there anyway to fix these colour problems? also i have huge slow downs in majoras mask especially the starting screen.

radeon 7200 and im using 'fit to card'

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
PistolGrip said:
I don't know if it's supposed to be motion blurring or not, but it did occur in 5.1.0 of Rice's plugin. Since I was in PJ64 at the time and have also lost my save state I cannot remember which exact stage it was on. But it started on the second set of missions with the jetpack, if you move around really fast it seems to blur or something along those lines. When you get to the 3rd or 4th set of missions it was extremely noticable all the time no matter how fast you move. The targets are very hard to see for some reason like they are missing details.

Grip

It was more bleeding than blurring and a lot of games suffered from this before version 5 of the plugin. Pilot wings still had this problem pre 5.3.0 but since then Rice seems to have sorted this issue out. Pilot wings is close to perefect better than any other plugin I've ever used. Thanks Rice this is one of my all time favourite games.

wichoxp

wichobot's 2nd. name
I need support for an NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200. When I use the plugin in 1964 it works very nice, but in PJ64 it works very bad.

hurleybird

the 2xsai option is really cool, the best addition to any graphics plugin i've seen.

But would it be possible to get support for even better filters like hq2x, hq3x, or hq4x. These are currently the best filters around. If you dont beleive me than just look at this page. It is also a very fast filter as well. Its better than 2xsai in about every single way.

http://www.hiend3d.com/hq4x.html

having an Hq4x filter would just be kick-ass, and it shouldn't be very difficult to add either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.