What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

The Dave

I thought it was maybe the triforce of the windows but those could be textures.

The mountain wasn't originally part of the model nor does it need to be, the 3d temple of time could be put on a 2d background of trees and a realistic death mountain.

Chieftain459

@theDave--lol, it's sarcasm, dude. The missing thing is all the textures on the temple itself. The really obviously missing textures that Lewa said no one would notice :p

But the model looks good... and besides, it's not like we do any texture work around here, anyway :p

OP
death--droid

death--droid

That's really good lewa.
Of course it need some more work like the mountain and the opening needs to be a lot bigger and its missing some of the details in the middle of the structure.

Anyway its a really good start lewa!

The Dave

@theDave--lol, it's sarcasm, dude. The missing thing is all the textures on the temple itself. The really obviously missing textures that Lewa said no one would notice :p

But the model looks good... and besides, it's not like we do any texture work around here, anyway :p

Hahaha I didn't put it together, I thought he was saying an element was missing.

lewa

Aye. I don't know if I can edit the model to add the extra details.
But maybe I can get the textures working. I might ask for help on that :p
THis model actually includes the inside of the temple as well! Very detailed.

All of the textures are actually in the original model. They simply WILL NOT LOAD in the renderer*. THis is very frustrating.

Last edited:

microdev

Aye. I don't know if I can edit the model to add the extra details.
But maybe I can get the textures working. I might ask for help on that :p
THis model actually includes the inside of the temple as well! Very detailed.

All of the textures are actually in the original model. They simply WILL NOT LOAD in the renderer*. THis is very frustrating.

This thread might be of help for your efforts.

steftheserb

kk im just looking through the shadow temple textures and where they are used in the game so i know what kind of feel im trying to achieve

chaoszerox

hires_texture
just checking, no 1 has died right? In the past ~23 hours no 1 has posted!
I'm currently working on revising my textures more, which usually involves doing it over from scratch. Nothing too new, no new base textures, just refined textures.
I'll post soon when I finish more than a few.

how's everyone's pieces of the project coming?

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
:D lovin the recent work guys.

this pack looks freakin awesome on my GTX 275.
...i have to say though,...what with all the games i've played in the last few days, ... Zelda64 feels so slow now :p

Chieftain459

@chaos--I died. But it's OK, I'm back now :p

No, actually, I've been traveling a hell of a lot recently--now that I've gotten comfortable at my new job, the company's been sending me to a bunch of sites around the country to do consultations and crap. So... you guys may be seeing less and less of me now. I'm not really sure what it's going to mean for my part in the project--I want to help, but if my workload keeps going this way, I'm just not sure how much effort I'll be able to put in... I just got back from a trip, and I'm completely exhausted. Maybe I'll still be able to do work on the weekends... we'll see.

As for the Water Temple, the last thing I did was to work on some revisions of the textures done thus far. I'm not quite finished with that... but, fortunately, it looks like what I've done covers a large portion of the temple. I'm not positive on that, though--I've only looked at about 3/4 of the whole thing. The last quarter may be completely new stuff (but I doubt it, given the general approach the original designers took to texturing areas).

steftheserb

the textures in the shadow temple and the way they tile is so f*cking messed up :/ theres a texture used as an overlay on the walls to give it a grimy effect and the original texture is stretched over the entire wall where as the new one gets tiled and shows all kind of messed up lines all over the place. have made some progress but this one texture is messing up every wall in the dungeon

Chieftain459

Can that texture be discarded (i.e. replaced with a completely transparent texture), while the "grimy" effect is applied directly to the other wall texture? Appearance should be similar (if not identical) without the headache.

Or do I misunderstand what you said?

steftheserb

you understood corectly and since the overlay looks like someone changed the opacity to around 40% in ps or whatever so i'll try c+p ing the overlay onto the normal wall texture then change layer opacity and fiddle with the settings and adjustments. wont be able to do it tonight but ill do it tomorow after school

chaoszerox

hires_texture
the textures in the shadow temple and the way they tile is so f*cking messed up :/ theres a texture used as an overlay on the walls to give it a grimy effect and the original texture is stretched over the entire wall where as the new one gets tiled and shows all kind of messed up lines all over the place. have made some progress but this one texture is messing up every wall in the dungeon
That's something a person needs to see to judge IMO

Work on spirit temple has almost come to a complete stop, at least for all-new texures. Most all the textures left require complex designs(for me to do anyway), which I don't really think I can do, but I will try...

@Zeckron Where are you D:

Last edited:

lewa

Grr! Having all kinds of technical difficulties with the textures in the ToT.
I know there's a lotta problems with he preview below. But those can be fixed. One that I can't figure out, though, are the random distortions in the middle:
http://i.imagehost.org/0441/ToT.png
Yes, I've moved to Anim8or. It can at least load most of the textures.

I might have to just get un-lazy and reassign all the textures in a different renderer or something.

Who woulda though, that in making a better static texture, my main problem would be...textures.

EDIT:
Ha. Set shadows to soft and that fixed it. Looks much more realistic as well :D

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
4 new textures & undisplayed texture fixes

I've finished the first versions of 4 different sand textures used in the Desert Colossus and the Haunted Wasteland, both of which share these textures.
However the Haunted Wasteland is the main user of the over-screen sand storm effect. The only time you see it in the Desert Colossus is when you enter it from the Haunted Wasteland.

First I'll show you the 2 ground sand textures. One is an overlay for the other.

View 1 - Original
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/view1original-1.jpg

View 1 - Version 1
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/view1ver1.jpg

close-up - View 2 - Original
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/view2original-1.jpg

close-up - View 2 - Version 1
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/view2ver1.jpg

----------------------------
The 2 textures that make up the over-screen sand storm effect aren't easy to compare with the originals especially in a picture. Maybe try the download below.

Original
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/original-5.jpg

Version 1
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/ver1-1.jpg

Here are all 4 textures for download, all textures are version 1.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mywetnwmimu

I'm going to list some textures I have made slight adjustments too, no new base textures, just fixes to make them more like the originals and/or better in general. You can see them when I release a patch for DD.

sandy stone snake face
triforce in floor
pillar texture
stairs (they look a lot better now, using new base for edges to make it match other recent textures)

@DD I think we should wait about a month, then release a v4 pack (NOT a patch).

P.S. I've recently learned about adjustment layers, their advantages and have been using them! I've learned SOOOOO much more about photoshop and how to use it over the past 2 months
Grr! Having all kinds of technical difficulties with the textures in the ToT.
I know there's a lotta problems with he preview below. But those can be fixed. One that I can't figure out, though, are the random distortions in the middle:
http://i.imagehost.org/0441/ToT.png
Yes, I've moved to Anim8or. It can at least load most of the textures.

I might have to just get un-lazy and reassign all the textures in a different renderer or something.

Who woulda though, that in making a better static texture, my main problem would be...textures.
What program are you using?

Last edited: