What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

kaviar

I just found this thread (and forum). And I got to say one thing to you guys, WOW!

This is an amazing project! Im getting all nostalgic!

Please send me an email or something when it's finished!

steftheserb

i have ultimate but i didnt spend 200+ £/$ if you get what i mean.
ive yet to try making the overlay texture transparent and then just editing the wall it self

chaoszerox

hires_texture
This time I used a pillow emboss. I don't think reversing it would work, but I could be wrong...

@Chieftain459 I really liked your work on the spirit symbols font. Do you think you could do a little more for me? Just 8 more and that will be all of the symbols. I really appreciate it man :bouncy:

All of these remaining fonts aren't in a carving, but they are on a big carpet in the middle of the raised floor of the final boss room
http://www.mediafire.com/?mz42ktorjoj

also the carpet's textures tiles strangely, these textures should be a challenge ;)
some screens for the heck of it:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/pic1.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/pic2.jpg
@chaos--I wouldn't suggest using pillow emboss for the characters... it just doesn't seem right. Personally, I think just using chisel hard and changing the direction to "down" is all you need. I'll get on those characters as soon as I can.

Edit--I'm fairly certain I included most of these characters in the font you already have... try using numbers 1-6, and see what they match up to. If I'm not mistaken, 1-5 work for the texture that had several characters in it, and 6 was one of the single ones... let me know if this is right, and what characters you still need.
A I just checked on this, finally lol I've been far too lazy. I plan to get a few textures done this week, starting with the rest of the spirit symbol textures.

There are 3 symbols/textures that aren't in your font that I would like you to do for me please. ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdzzykqhnju

crixxx

Jabo

I did all the skies as I promised long ago.
This was far more work than I expected since they consist of over 450 textures. But it was worth it!
Special thanks go out to microdev for his HiRes-Easer tool.

They are rendered and therefore aligned, so the transitions are really nice to watch.
The resolution is 4096x512 without the top (which is additionally 1024x1024).
So you will need A LOT of Vram (Maybe I'll do a smaller version).

Is there a way to use DXT texture compression with rice? I think this would improve performance a lot.

I consider this as a standalone release for the community project - though I'm working on Zelda atm just for fun.

Concerning Mario: It's not death but I can't be bothered working on it right now.

Download

please post in Jabo plugin!

crixxx

And what is the plugin that reads the hi-rez textures? If you have please put it on a download link ... Thanks

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

@chaoszerox very nice texture so far.The pattern(The rim like part) looks a bit dodgy when they meet to gather tho.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Your going to have to go look it up, this topic is not for information on how to use plugins its for the project.... Sorry.

lewa

Or, to make it look more like the pattern is a different colored carpet, could you do something like:
Select symbol, invert selection,
fill seleection with carpet-ish texture that bleeds into surrounding area.
Select this new layer, and use this selection to erase some of the symbol?

Or maybe, apply a mosiac (or other form of distortion) filter to the symbol, then carpet-ize it. The problem is that the edges are too smooth.

chaoszerox

hires_texture
nvm about making it smooth. The way it tiles it can't be smooth. I've just finished making the border tile nicely ingame, and this is as good as it can get =|
I haven't made any changes to the rest of the texture since my last post, it's just hidden...shouldn't have done that but o well.
For the border I still have to work on the coloration, otherwise I'm done.

@chief the sooner you get those last 3 symbols done, the sooner I can finish this maze of a carpet ;)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff70/num1narutofan/pic3.jpg

Last edited:

Chieftain459

@chaos--I'm sorry, but I probably wont be able to deal with those symbols until Sunday. I'm out of town right now, and totally not prepared to do this sort of stuff until I get back home.

Edit--actually, I can get the symbols to you, just not in a font. Can I just send you PNGs of the symbols? I can make them some super-high res so that you never have to scale them up (no loss of quality). Or, if you have Illustrator, I can just send you the vector files. Either way, I've got the symbols made--let me know what format you want them in, and we'll go from there.

Last edited: