What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0/5.0.1 bug report thread

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Lex said:
When i use the "for Nvidia TNT/TNT2/Geforce or better" combiner all the textures are white boxes, this occurs in all games.

And i have the same problem Clements has with the Super Mario trees.

It is a known problem. Your video card is too good, you should use High-end combiner instead of the Nvidia TNT one. Your video card does not support the TNT API. And it is very good video card, it does not need to support the TNT API.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Thanks all of you very much for the bug reports.

If you can, please also try to turn the "Fast Texture" and "Fine texture mapping" option on/off to see any difference. These two options cause a lot of problem.

Please also pay attention to the new problems which did not happen in my old version.

I will be glad to see more bugs on may different games. There are not many different games reported to have bugs.

I am actually very glad to see the bugs. And you can also see that many bugs are alike, caused by the similar reasons, and easy to fix.

Rice

Clements

Mickey's Speedway USA works as good if not better than Jabo's. But there are some errors such as the engine doesn't change when you highlight harder difficulty settings in the 1-Player, the lights before the race are missing, and the rippling effect is present but not right before races. I know that no plugin exists which solves these... (I have the real game so I know that these issues exist :) )

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Mario Kart 64

ySS said:
Mario Kart 64> Nintendo logo Flickering (i think it's called that way)... in addition, look at these screen captures...

This should not happen to your geforce4 MX440 if you are using the Nvidia TNT directX combiner.

Here is what I have.

Last edited:

Clements

Yep, the flag works for me. But notice there is something slightly wrong with the Nintendo logo at the bottom of the screen. Is this a bug? I also get the flickering at the spinning Ninty logo at the start.

Pokémon PUzzle League

Woah!! I think now Rice's plugin is the best for this game! But it is not still playable... Look at this! These captures are great!!
Only FMV are missing (I think the same problem as RE2) util you play... all gfx look like background!

In Yoshi's Story, with some configs, it was the same thing... if there were a coin on screen all the other objects (not yoshi) included the fruits you've collected look that way, but in addittion with bugs (black and white, distortioned, etc.).

Please take a look on this...

EDIT: Whops! I forgot... its the (E) version.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Mario Kart 64

Rice said:
This should not happen to your geforce4 MX440 if you are using the Nvidia TNT directX combiner.

Here is what I have.

Nope, it still happens... i've tried disabling and enabling lotta options but nothing changed (at least nothing was better).

EDIT: I mean flickering.... ballons are now fixed! ^^U

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wow, even though it isn't a bug report (I'll keep out after this, rice, i promise :D), yours is the second plugin to actually emulate this game! Great, great work, Rice! :happy:

you rule! :emutalk:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Silicon valley is exactly the same without fine texture enabled.

Next bug set focused on Star Fox 64 (I only do one game at a time):

Bug one, the fonts are incorrect, i don't remember them being so bold, if thats the right word

Bug two: the water texture seems screwed

bug three: Another texture problem, the ground here is funny, and it changes quite alot as you fly over it (this is level 1)
--Save falco and fly through those little things up ahead to go to this part of the level

bug four is bug two again, just to use space up...

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Pokémon PUzzle League

ySS said:
Woah!! I think now Rice's plugin is the best for this game! But it is not still playable... Look at this! These captures are great!!
Only FMV are missing (I think the same problem as RE2) util you play... all gfx look like background!

In Yoshi's Story, with some configs, it was the same thing... if there were a coin on screen all the other objects (not yoshi) included the fruits you've collected look that way, but in addittion with bugs (black and white, distortioned, etc.).

Please take a look on this...

EDIT: Whops! I forgot... its the (E) version.

ySS, this game is not considered to be supported. There are more problems with it. And the plugin crashes. Glide64 is currently the only one to fully support it.

Re: Re: Pokémon PUzzle League

Rice said:
ySS, this game is not considered to be supported. There are more problems with it. And the plugin crashes. Glide64 is currently the only one to fully support it.

Thanks Rice, i'll try it (I think I'll need a GLide Wrapper, but it isn't the place to talk about it... I'll search something).

Other thing, I have the same problem as other with Mario64: the textures aren't shown correctly when you look them from some angles (not trees problem, these are OK). Par example, castle's exterior textures or red carpet at the lobby.

Clements

Re: Re: Re: Pokémon PUzzle League

ySS said:

Other thing, I have the same problem as other with Mario64: the textures aren't shown correctly when you look them from some angles (not trees problem, these are OK). Par example, castle's exterior textures or red carpet at the lobby.

I had this, disable fast texture.

Sticking to Mario 64... The stars are half black on the level select screen:

Re: Re: Re: Pokémon PUzzle League

Other thing, I don't know if other have said something about it before, but... yes, Mario64 black boxes should be semi-transparent. I'll put a N64 original capture.

EDIT: Thanks! Now textures are shown correctly (sorry, I've not read that post)

Last edited: