What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0/5.0.1 bug report thread

this plugin has some major bugs, it hangs in a few games dunno why..
here is a pic of a problem with mk64.. it plays smoothly but dunno how to fix this..

btw all star baseball 2000 now text in game is there but the game hangs just like 5-10 min of play time..

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements said:
Quake 64 appears very weird indeed, it flickers, and also when moving the graphics sort of freeze and blur:

Enable the "Force clear" option for this game.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
DiaBlo6662 said:
this plugin has some major bugs, it hangs in a few games dunno why..
here is a pic of a problem with mk64.. it plays smoothly but dunno how to fix this..

btw all star baseball 2000 now text in game is there but the game hangs just like 5-10 min of play time..

What's wrong in this shot?

Are you sure the freezing is not caused by emulator, but by video plugin?

Crinx

Rice, while using OpenGl, the plugin hangs my entire system. I have tried the plugin on PJ64, Daedalus, and 1964, and with the same results. It is without a doubt the plugin.

I wouldn't mind the bug much, but it hangs my ENTIRE system, to the point where I have no choice but to turn off my computer manually.

I did get Direct3d to work with a 3rd party program, and all the problems I have found are merely cosmetic.

Rice said:
What's wrong in this shot?

Are you sure the freezing is not caused by emulator, but by video plugin?

look at stats.. it shouldnt be white background..

and yes.. 1964 is the emulator that hang the game.. it usually never hang or few games hang on pj64.. tried like 10 on 1964 and like 5 of them froze.

Wetrix

Take a look on this...

Wetrix (U) is one of the best puzzles game ever!! I've never played with this plugin, it's new for me. Rice rules! but...

Only a question... I know equals are hatening but... It's usual that Zelda Oot runs about 50FPS with Jabo's plugin and only about 20FPS with Jabo's one?

Sorry by my english again. Bye, and thanks!

**EDIT: Captures with Direct3D, but OpenGL seems to work same way this time. I've tried enabling/disabling a lot of options, I think these are the best settings... With Jabo's Plugin text is waving too, but at least is readable.

Last edited:

Clements

Yep, but it made no difference. There are so many options to try out, I don't know what half of them do. How about a Glide64-style 'pop-up help' that tells you briefly what it does? Failing that, a document explaining them, perhaps? I don't know if bugs I'm reporting aren't in fact bugs, but fixable by changing an option? ATM, I'm only changing combiners, and leaving everything else default.

Look at this... the text should look this way. Not waving effect, only a waving blue effect inside the yellow-red (or yellow-green) text from right to left.

EDIT: Notice too the backgrund effects. There is a lot in-game, this is only a simple one.

Last edited:

Cadex

DiaBlo6662 said:

All-Star Baseball 2001 hangs after 5-10 mins of play time with Jabo's graphics plugin, not just this one. Might be an emulator issue. Not sure about 2000 but I'm guessing it's the same.

zorbid

Clements said:
All the OpenGL combiners give me the same problem in SM64. Is this fixable?
It's fine here, with the default settings.

I'm using the (e)! ROM, and an GF2MX with Detonator v30.82

Here, Mario's big head in the intro is totally black with the Ogl 1.1 combiner it looks fine with the others though.

leizar

Clements said:
All the OpenGL combiners give me the same problem in SM64. Is this fixable?
As I've said before OpenGL gives some problems with blending.
Forcing "Normal blender" solves it partially but causes even more serious errors.
DirectX:
The sky of Zelda OoT is missing or wrong
The fairy in Zelda OoT is not correct

Last edited:

leizar

Look at this shot from Rayman
Eith Jabo's 1.5 is black while with Rice's it has slack lines.
Which one is correct?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Silicon valley, wow i'm the only one who likes this game lol

Big1, logo too big and ship leaves a trail

Bug2, the select screen should have 4 circles and that it does but it should not look like that

bug3 is another example, i think its just the wrong texture being painted on it

bug4 the ship seems to look funny, not sure it should look like that

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Second set of bugs

bug1: when you get on the top of the ship on level 1 the area goes black, also you can see the purple eyes, that shouldn't be there, the purple bit any way,

Bug2: as you can see or probably know already cutscenes are pretty much screwed... anyway...

Bug3: The resolution seems to have changed here on level 2 and the little energy bar thing has disappeared, gasp

bug4: may not look like much, but those purple things in the corner shouldn't all be lit up, i haven't collected them all yet.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Dkr is done pretty amazingly, I must say, theres one bug that everyone misses though, even jabos direct3d gets it wrong,

the level select screen, some pictures are out of alignment as you can see:

Lex

When i use the "for Nvidia TNT/TNT2/Geforce or better" combiner all the textures are white boxes, this occurs in all games.

And i have the same problem Clements has with the Super Mario trees.