The text background is not transparent

is it supposed to be transparent? for some
reason i thought that mario 64 text in
some parts was supposed to have black
background???

ocarina plyr

Novice Flash developer
Help!
New International Detonator drivers(44.03) slows performance to 10-15 fps, should i change to 30.82?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
w00t said:
is it supposed to be transparent? for some
reason i thought that mario 64 text in
some parts was supposed to have black
background???

OK, semi-transparent. It should look like this (taken with Jabo's 1.5)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:

Ogre Battle 64 - still many missing backgrounds.
Rice, if you know how to fix it, why it does not work?

Gonetz, I have not fixed it yet. The YUV textures used for the background are not in the format as they are supposed to be. (This is the reason why I asked the questions in the programming forum.)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
LazerTag said:
OK, semi-transparent. It should look like this (taken with Jabo's 1.5)

Can somone confirm it? Not from Jabo's, but from real N64 console. Result from Jabo's is not necessary correct.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
milen said:
Some feedback with this plugin on Voodoo3:

DirectX - Almost anything works for several seconds and than hangs my computer, with all settings I tried, no difference at all. Sometimes - Error in proccessing Dlists.

Opengl 1.1 - works perfect without errors but is very slow, twice slower than tr64ogl plugin.

Opengl 1.2/1.3/1.4 - Gives me an error during initialization - "setpixel format error"

Rice in the readme you wrote that there is
- Texture size limit detection to video cards with texture size limitation (voodoo)

Rice are you sure it works, or you didn't test it?
I know Compitability with Voodoo cards isn't your priority but maybe with some little tweaking you'll be able to make it work on Voodoo's. I'm ready to help you with testing if you wish

I tested fake texture size limition with my geforce2, not on a real voodoo3. In general, this plugin barely supports voodoo cards. As I said before, this plugin works like crap on voodoo cards, comparing to glide64 or Jabo's. Voodoo users should use glide64 instead.

I think there is a better voodoo opendl driver, which can render opengl much faster. Voodoo only supports ogl1.1, not 1.2/1.3/1.4.

Flash

Technomage
Rice, can you disable that st00pid
"Unknown Error in Daedalus D3D plugin ProcessDlist" messagebox ?
Because it's popping in every second game and if i press "OK" emulation still can run (it's not a crash an even graphics shown correctly, but i have to press constantly so i can only kill emu by Ctrl-Alt-Del....

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
Wipeout has a few issues, this is DirectX: it doesn't matter what combiner type i use it does that.

This problem must be caused by the last minute modifications (without testing). It will be fixed.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You are all welcomed to report bugs

I just want to say that you are all welcomed to report all problems. I have never throughly tested my plugin, and I am not surprised at all to see all the problems. I added new features without testing them for each games.

If you can, please run it with as many games as possible, and report all problems you can see. Please post the shots to show the problems.

Thanks

Rice

zorbid

Rice said:
Can somone confirm it? Not from Jabo's, but from real N64 console. Result from Jabo's is not necessary correct.
For both white on black or black on white text, the background is transparent on the N64.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
dr mario

i am always of the understand that nobody works of dr. mario.

but....

the pills are very good for the first with the new 5.0.0!!

only the screen is a disaster behind them!

directx force buffer clear copy + back, frame skip on.

are the settings. maybe another settings will make a better background?

shroomario

pokemon puzzle league is of accuracy excellent until a crash(with the gameplay to start)! the menus are of perfection! this has never been right for me with any emu! wtg!

also am not sure i how to make it the sai smooth feature to work? what is the game for this testing?

here is my mario 64 shot of sai2

Last edited:

Crinx

Hey Rice, I like the features you have in your plugin, but sadly I can't use it. I am on a Radeon 9700 Pro, and when I use your plugin in either Opengl or DirectX, I either get messages saying that DirectX8 cannot be initialized, or on Opengl than my car cannot initialize Opengl, or I can get Opengl and DirectX to work, but there is MAJOR polygon corruption, to the point where I cannot play because polgons from the ground and walls are skewed all over the screen, obstructing my view completely. Any fixes for this?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Crinx said:
Hey Rice, I like the features you have in your plugin, but sadly I can't use it. I am on a Radeon 9700 Pro, and when I use your plugin in either Opengl or DirectX, I either get messages saying that DirectX8 cannot be initialized, or on Opengl than my car cannot initialize Opengl, or I can get Opengl and DirectX to work, but there is MAJOR polygon corruption, to the point where I cannot play because polgons from the ground and walls are skewed all over the screen, obstructing my view completely. Any fixes for this?

Did you read the readme.txt and read the very first post in this thread?

Crinx

Depth buffer problem with Radeon is a known problem. There is a solution by using a 3rd party add-on driver. Search emutalk.net old posts for it. OpenGL does not have problems with Radeon though.

That doesn't solve my problems. I searched emutalk, but could not find the add-on plugin you speak of, if you, or someone else could supply me with a link, it would be appreciated.

Also, the readme.txt does not mention my problems as far as I know, it was my first resource when I had these problems.