What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0/5.0.1 bug report thread

Zelda Master Quest

leizar said:
Shouldn't also be there a background?
I think there was one with the previous version of your plugin

Yeah, but you'll need a cheat only available for PJ64. Go http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=13878

----

I've been trying Zelda64:Master Quest and there are my results...
(first without RSP, second with RSP).

EDIT: Curious thing... Now I can see Link as the second capture wihout the RSP. I've even closed and opened again the emulator. I'm fear... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

loay

iam the best
why dont anybody care about Sin and Punishment - Tsumi To Batsu for me its the best game for n64
as for bug this game has alot of bug this is some of them
in the first pic the plear is not apear and i cant see him in ogl.but in d3d its good
in the 2nd pic half of the screen is mising but its alright in d3d
in some place the color in d3d are not fine
thi game sometime beter in d3d and somtime in ogl and sometime in both bad
please solve thoos proplem:1964:
note:sory for my english

Last edited:

Lex

Rice said:
It is a known problem. Your video card is too good, you should use High-end combiner instead of the Nvidia TNT one. Your video card does not support the TNT API. And it is very good video card, it does not need to support the TNT API.

Ok, thanks

/me says yeeeeeee post count = 400!!

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Thats my problem:
Card: 3dfx Voodoo 4 4500 PCI (Version 1.00)
BIOS: Original Voodoo 4 PCI Bios 1.15
Driver: Voodoolizer 1.05.00 for Voodoo 4/5 / Original Driver
Emulator: 1964 0.8.5 / Project64 1.5 / Nemu 0.8
DirectX 9

What's wrong?

Clements

I'm using 5.0.1 now (nice release, Rice!) There is one problem I missed concerning OoT and Master Quest. The logo at the start isn't flaming, it just glows:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements said:
I'm using 5.0.1 now (nice release, Rice!) There is one problem I missed concerning OoT and Master Quest. The logo at the start isn't flaming, it just glows:

I think this problem is combiner related. If you are using OpenGL 1.2/1.3 combiner, the flaming effect is better. I know this is a problem, but I did not do anything appearently wrong. I don't know, may I will get back to this problem later.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
A couple Mario Golf issues

with D3D set to "To Fit You Video Card" (otherwise all grass is white) and all default settings

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
So are these Mario Golf pics due to something I could be trying but I am not? or is it just video plugin issues? core issues?

I seem to get very similar effects from TR64OGL as well. Jabo's works well in that everything appears nice, but it's so slow that the game is no fun to play.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Mario Golf has frame buffer issues, it is not supported. If you use the option frame buffer emu = Complete, you may get better result but the game will become very slow.

Other frame buffer effects that are not supported yet.

Banjo Koozie puzzle and pause screen.
Zelda pause screen
Shadow in Mario Tennis, Conker, JFG, Banjo Tooie
Ogre Batter 64 missing background
Mario Kart 64, the tv above the bridge
Pokemon menus
Mario tennis game replay
Mario tennis bomberman referees
Mario tennis menu screen switching
A few other Japanese games.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Thanks for the quick response Rice. The Complete settings was nutty slow, LOL, but did look a bit better.

Does it help you any to know that if I make the player spin in a circle everything looks great and runs a very decent speed? Again with the default settings in D3D mode.

Thanks Rice! ;) I've been trying 5.0.1 with some games I've tried with 5.0.0

- Mariokart: problems persist (buggy Ninty logo + 2 players bug)

(1) - Pokémon Puzzle League: improved (at least some changes have been made)

(2) - Mario Tennis: Look at this!! (transition effects... what's this?!?!) I know this has been responsed before but... why puzzle league gfx are there?

- Glover: DirectX flickering, OpenGL missing sky (intro)

(3) - Wetrix: Continues like always...

(4) - Yoshi's Island: Perfect menus (I love you Jabo!), In-game buggy (see captures). EDIT: This is without normal combine activated, see post below).

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
ySS said:
Thanks Rice! ;) I've been trying 5.0.1 with some games I've tried with 5.0.0

- Mariokart: problems persist (buggy Ninty logo + 2 players bug)

(1) - Pokémon Puzzle League: improved (at least some changes have been made)

(2) - Mario Tennis: Look at this!! (transition effects... what's this?!?!) I know this has been responsed before but... why puzzle league gfx are there?

- Glover: DirectX flickering, OpenGL missing sky (intro)

(3) - Wetrix: Continues like always...

(4) - Yoshi's Island: Perfect menus (I love you Jabo!), In-game buggy (see captures). EDIT: This is without normal combine activated, see post below).

Yoshi is supported in DirectX and Ogl 1.1 combiner, not in Ogl 1.2/1.3/1.4 combiner.

Pokemon texture appearing in Mario tennis is caused by frame buffer emulation. The texture in RDRAM in not cleared to 0 by the emulator core. And Frame buffer emulation for Marion tennis in not good yet. If you want, you can turn it off (set Frame Buffer Emu = disable, or ignore).

You appearently have more combiner problems than you should have. Which combiner are you using?

Hi Rice! Thanks for the response!

I'm using always -if I don't say another thing in the post- DirectX combiner for NvidiaTNT/TNT2/Geforce or better, double buffer copy and default depth. I think you mean that.

Thanks.

EDIT: And with Yoshi I'm using DirectX...

EDIT2: I've tried much more combiners... not improved at all...

EDIT3: Notice that It's (E) version

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Here is a shot from the cheap Rage 128 video card. (With combiner problems.)