What's new

Rice's Daedalus 5.0.0/5.0.1 bug report thread

Cadex

Mario Party

Here is Mario Party 2 on version 5.0.1, Direct X, Higher End Video Card combiner. Notice that the first line of text is messed up. Also happens with Mario Party 1. Haven't tried Mario Party 3.

I tried different combiners, OpenGL, and frame buffer settings but same problem occurs. I hope you can fix this because it looks good overall and doesn't have the slowdown problems of Jabo's 1.5.

Last edited:
R

rico001

not shown

While using 1964 085 your plugin does not show up in the list of plugins... 5 or 5.01. I'm using Win98SE lite? Any ideas? Other plugins work. The winzip prog has trouble with the name.

Cadex

Re: not shown

rico001 said:
While using 1964 085 your plugin does not show up in the list of plugins... 5 or 5.01. I'm using Win98SE lite? Any ideas? Other plugins work. The winzip prog has trouble with the name.

Does Win98 support multiple extensions? Try removing all of the "." from the filenames except the last one. For example:
RiceDaedalus5.0.0.dll = RiceDaedalus500.dll

Crinx

The update is appreciated, but I am still having a full system hang in OpenGl. Could you try to improve the Radeon support, specifically the higher end Radeons?

Edit: After further investigation, I only get the system hang when I use OGL 1.2/1.3/1.4.

The Emulator doesn't load when I use to fit my card. Better than a hang, though.

I am using 1.1 now, but it's ugly due to the missing colors and graphics.

Last edited:
Woah! I've tried OpenGL combiners (1.1) and now Yoshi's Story works for me (but what about directx?!). I've seen these bugs (In addition, menu background is white, and it should be yellow, it isn't?). Here we go:

EDIT: Woah! Scroll bug happens too vertically. The thing I stamp as GFX BUG is due to this scroll bug too.

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
yes the most confusing are the options for which combiner to use. rice, i think you should default one that is most compatible for everyone, or maybe to rename the combiner modes also? of course with a geforce does one want to select only the geforce mode, but as we can see that is not of the best working for anyone!

lol

it is for rocking now!

IS101

bangai-O

i just tried 5.0.1.

FOR: Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh (J) [!].z64

the background graphic are there. But the scrolling is jerky and stuttery, sometimes coming to a complete pause. Also the actual sprites of your ship and the enemies are just big white blocks.

Can Someone who knows what they are doing test this game, are there any options i could change in the plug/emulator settings to help improve the graphics?

I have a feeling i will have to wait for a new version of the plug-in, keep up the excellent work, Rice.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
marioshroom said:
yes the most confusing are the options for which combiner to use. rice, i think you should default one that is most compatible for everyone, or maybe to rename the combiner modes also? of course with a geforce does one want to select only the geforce mode, but as we can see that is not of the best working for anyone!

lol

it is for rocking now!

The plugin automatically selects the best match one for everyone. (Geforce 2/3/4 ti must manually select to use the hign end one). But your best matching one may not work the best on certain games. When you are looking at the performance of a combiner, you need to run many games to evaluate the average performance, not just a few games.

You can easily see that it is no possible to have a one combiner for everyone's video card since someone has very good ones while the others have the old and cheap ones.

It is also no possible for me to perfect all combiners since I don't have the video cards. I can only use my knowledge to do my best. And this is also the reason why I need the plugin to be tested by all people and need bug reports.

Looking at other plugins, you can see that glide64 works only on voodoo cards. glnintendo64() only on Nvidia geforce cards, even don't support TNT or TNT2, starts to support Radeon now. Jabo's is using DirectX 6, it probably can never generate perfect graphics on geforce video cards as glnintendo64() does on the same video card.

I probably shouldn't try to cover all video cards, to cover nvidia cards better glnintendo64(), and to cover all other video cards with DirectX as Jabo's does.

But I believe what I have done make sense to many people who has old low end ones or the most recent high end ones, even though what I have done may be not good enough yet.

Last edited:

Crinx

Props to ya Rice, the plugin is nice after I get it working, but I am curious... is simply knowing that OpenGl 1.2+ hangs my system on my Radeon going to help you fix the bug(if you feel like supporting Radeon cards better, that is), or is there more to it than that?

PistolGrip

Ok some rather serious problems to list.
I've tried different drivers, originally I was on 44.03 but I also tried 43.45 Detonators. Anyhow look at the attached screenshot of PilotWings.. the wierd thing is I tried to GO back to 4.5.0 (which used to work fine) and now its the same... maybe I was on 41.09 back when 4.5.0 plugin was released, I am not too sure.

But nearly everygame doesn't show any graphics at all, just blackness, if I go to fullscreen mode it seems to draw ONE frame to the buffer which will then slightly flicker. Go back to windowed mode and it will show the same frame as fullscreen did. It seems polygons are jittery or BEHIND something (maybe a depth buffer problem?).

The next thing I did was try EVERY option combination to try and get back to something usable, no dice. You said somewhere that the "screen update" code made the screen black or something and I had to play around with that. Did you mean Frame Update? OPENGL gives me constant messageboxes saying my card doesn't support the features,etc, UNLESS I use opengl 1.1 . I know my card can do 1.4 and even using the GEFORCE combiner gives the same constant messageboxes which do not go away, they reoccur.

I might try reverting back to 41.09 drivers to see if any of these problems are fixed..... hard to imagine THAT much has changed between these driver revisions.. but I guess something has that you rely upon in your emu.

Do you have a NVIDIA card? I am sure there a lot of people in here have similar problems... anyhow if you don't have a NVIDIA card I'd be willing to put in $10 US or so (using PAYPAL) , just need another 9 people to do the same then you can get a TI4400 or something. Fuck knows you deserve it. Who's with me?

karth95

Lord of the Cats
sounds good to me. I'm only using a gf2, but I'd be willing to chip in the bucks so rice can have a nice shiny new card.

Stupidity_Emu

Is there any way to make Zelda run uber smooth at 60fps w/o the flickering cause it looks really nice! Also, why is the menu so slow in Zelda?

Stupidity_Emu

Well, I'm not talking about disabling sync game. I'm talking about the screen update. If I leave it on at default, the fps matches the v/i which is 60 but it flickers to no end, if I make it update when the v/i does, it goes back to 20fps but with no flickering. I want to run it at exactly 60fps with no flickering if you thought I was talking about running at 100+ fps.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
PistolGrip said:
Ok some rather serious problems to list.
I've tried different drivers, originally I was on 44.03 but I also tried 43.45 Detonators. Anyhow look at the attached screenshot of PilotWings.. the wierd thing is I tried to GO back to 4.5.0 (which used to work fine) and now its the same... maybe I was on 41.09 back when 4.5.0 plugin was released, I am not too sure.

But nearly everygame doesn't show any graphics at all, just blackness, if I go to fullscreen mode it seems to draw ONE frame to the buffer which will then slightly flicker. Go back to windowed mode and it will show the same frame as fullscreen did. It seems polygons are jittery or BEHIND something (maybe a depth buffer problem?).

The next thing I did was try EVERY option combination to try and get back to something usable, no dice. You said somewhere that the "screen update" code made the screen black or something and I had to play around with that. Did you mean Frame Update? OPENGL gives me constant messageboxes saying my card doesn't support the features,etc, UNLESS I use opengl 1.1 . I know my card can do 1.4 and even using the GEFORCE combiner gives the same constant messageboxes which do not go away, they reoccur.

I might try reverting back to 41.09 drivers to see if any of these problems are fixed..... hard to imagine THAT much has changed between these driver revisions.. but I guess something has that you rely upon in your emu.

Do you have a NVIDIA card? I am sure there a lot of people in here have similar problems... anyhow if you don't have a NVIDIA card I'd be willing to put in $10 US or so (using PAYPAL) , just need another 9 people to do the same then you can get a TI4400 or something. Fuck knows you deserve it. Who's with me?

I am using a cheapo GF2 MX400. For your Geforce 2/ti, you should use DirectX high end combiner instead of DirectX Nvidia TNT one. Except that, all default options should be good for you, and you don't really need to mass around the options unless you need which option which game should use. Nvidia OpenGL TNT, Nvidia OpenGL register combiner should work just fine for you.

I will be very happy if someone can donate. So I can buy a Radeon 9700 to fix Radeon problems. I believe Geforce should be working just fine (If you are using the right combiner type, and have the right driver.).

PistolGrip

Hi Rice,
what driver do you suggest since 43.45 and up are unusable? I have tried all settings in your plugin and nothing works at all with these drivers. So obviously it is a driver problem, I would just like to know which driver is the best (minimum I can use is 41.09 since my TI4800SE has AGP8x) .

Is there any reason why the new drivers break your plugin? Ideally they shouldn't :) . What email do you want the money to be sent to.. and I hope some other people in here will also donate so this cause is worthwhile.