What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Majora's Mask N64HD Project Completed!

frostlink

This might sound like the pettiest complaint ever, but the ocarina C button icon is a noticeably different color to the original and stood out in the comparison shots. Wonderful work as always, can't wait to see the snowhead temple complete!

Scruffy

Hello. Could someone please tell me what versions of Glide64, PJ64 and any other info I need to run this texture pack? I tried running this on 2.3.2 with Glide64 final and all I get is a unknown memory error after loading up to 700mb of the pack.

rizz768

Hello. Could someone please tell me what versions of Glide64, PJ64 and any other info I need to run this texture pack? I tried running this on 2.3.2 with Glide64 final and all I get is a unknown memory error after loading up to 700mb of the pack.

You should be using the GlideN64 plugin, not Glide64, and you'll also need the 4GB patcher for larger texture packs to avoid the memory errors, you can get it here

Nerrel has created a video tutorial over on his YouTube channel if you want to take a look:

Scruffy

Oh thank you soo much stranger. Out of all the videos i've watched, I missed this one. Now I'm going to move onto getting reshades up and working.

OP
N

Nerrel

The temple and entire mountain area are now done, another big milestone for the pack!

Goht is once again based on the concept art instead of the old textures. There's been some disagreement on Discord about which beard is better:

It's hard to get a good look at all of the details, so here are Goht's textures themselves:

I'll get a video and new links up tomorrow.

Stalfos King

Nerrel fan
Looking absolutely gorgeous as usual! I do have to say I like Goht's original patterns better. I think they were more eye-catching, bright, and bold. The version here leaves a slightly more subtle impression from the original (subtle is still an overstatement). Just my preference and opinion, though; I realize this was a conscious decision. Also, the painted pattern part of his knees blends better in the original due to the pinkish bronze vertical edges being thicker on the original texture. It's a rougher transition without the thicker edges (I hope you know what I'm talking about). What's going on with the rocky sledge things behind Goht? They have big dark squares here. As a nitpick, I don't like how much thinner the bars are in that section with the boss chest. The thinness makes them seem weaker. Also the balance of white to color is different with certain textures when you zoom out and compare them; some of the originals feel slightly less cold as a result. This could be reshade again, but I don't think so, seems more of a balance difference in the highlights/whites. It's very slight, but I always feel like I have to throw it out there. Other than that, I'm absolutely loving it! Looks as perfect as usual.

Also, you have a discord server? I would love to be a part of that.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nerrel

The barricades around Goht use the same texture as his panels, which is why you see that design on them. Either they made a mistake or they wanted the design there, because there are other rock textures in use in that room that they could have used instead. The bars shouldn't be thicker, since the bar is the same size as the original in the texture... that may have something to do with the higher resolution. The Discord link in my signature should get you to the right channel.

The video:

Stalfos King

Nerrel fan
That explains the barricade things. I figured it had to be something like that. Also, I don't know what's up with the bars, but it's visible in the screenshots of the boss key area. Not a big deal in any capacity, but I do think the original, thicker bars are better. Also, I can't believe I never noticed the Discord lol, it's been right there the whole time.

Molhel

I can't believe projects like this are still being done for MM, but that just shows how beloved it is. As for the project, words escape me. The latest shots look absolutely gorgeous. I love how they look so much like the originals just upgraded. They honestly look amazing.

The close look at the Goht textures is just awesome, too! :tup:

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
One thing that surprises me is just how quickly you work (from my outside-looking-in perspective, anyway). So many of your surface textures are just gorgeous. Is all of this just a hobby, or are you a paid graphics artist as well?

My only dislike so far of all the review images you have shown comes with this last set:
45257256555_1b15750232.jpg

While high quality like all of your work, the inner square is such that it looks less like a flat surface and more 3D as if you could trip over them. Maybe this was your intention, but for me it looks out of place relative to the many other tile sets that you have created.

Not hating by any means, though!

Side note: As much as I love the OOT Community Project and all of the great work that many people put into it, I would love to see you eventually add your flare, hopefully leading it to completion. (Then again, I would love to see you do all of OOT from scratch since it uses many of the same textures as MM, but I know how unrealistic that probably is.)

Nonetheless, just seeing these updates makes my day... and I haven't even gotten around to playing it yet to look even more closely.

jpaqu479

Hello! I recently have started emulating some old games again and stumbled upon this texture pack so I thought I would give it a whirl! I must say I am very impressed an believe this to be the highest quality texture pack for MM I could find. Unfortunately I am experiencing some crashing however, and was not sure if anyone knew of a solution. I am using Mupen64Plus FZ to emulate on my Moto z3. Game runs perfectly until I use the texture pack, then it runs very well until I transition to another area of the map, the day/night transition occurs, or occasionally just crashes/screen turns black randomly. I'd really love to continue using this texture pack to experience MM. Any insight you can provide would be very much appreciated! Also, I am using the GlideN64 plugin to run this. Thanks in advance!

OP
N

Nerrel

Is all of this just a hobby, or are you a paid graphics artist as well?

My only dislike so far of all the review images you have shown comes with this last set:
45257256555_1b15750232.jpg

While high quality like all of your work, the inner square is such that it looks less like a flat surface and more 3D as if you could trip over them.

It's just a hobby, but I'd like to work as a texture artist if I could. The inner square is supposed to be flush with the outer edge and the dark border around it is recessed. This is the kind of thing normal maps would probably help with:
46410832032_66a255bfaf.jpg

Game runs perfectly until I use the texture pack, then it runs very well until I transition to another area of the map, the day/night transition occurs, or occasionally just crashes/screen turns black randomly.
If it only crashes with the pack active then it's usually a memory issue. I looked it up and I think your device has 4GB of RAM? The pack will only use 1GB when "compress texture cache is enabled," make sure that option is checked. Are you using the regular pack or the HTC cache version? Try switching from one to the other and see if that changes anything.

I too would love to see an OOT version. Where to I donate? :p
I'm not going to do OoT on N64 because the prerendered background textures would very frustrating to deal with and I prefer the 3D version in that case. If I were going to retexture it, it would be on Citra. A lot of my MM textures could be ported into the original, though. I've got a Patreon page here, thanks for asking: https://www.patreon.com/Nerrel

I don't have enough of the ranch done for an update yet but I've gotten a lot of miscellaneous things done- I drew a new Kaepora Gaebora icon to replace the edited concept art I had been using, did the owl statues, drew new grass from scratch to start replacing all the photo based textures, replaced a lot of the HUD text like the day counter and the action prompts (MM3D uses a simplified version of this font for its prompts), and improved a few clock town textures again. After taking a second look at the sun on the HUD I think the original design was supposed to have an eye, so I also tried that out:

45738433214_0dffa0f63a_o.jpg

45487443074_8b519f11cb_o.png

Last edited:

Nerd

I finally decided to setup the emulator with your mod and I think you've done an absolutely amazing job. Even in the observatory which I mentioned looked a bit off compared to the original a long while ago :drool:

I have two gripes so far though. The ground in the area where Link falls right at the start, before he's turned into a Deku Scrub. It just looked a bit off compared to the rest of the area. I think it had too much detail compared to the walls. And Deku Link's hair is too finely detailed which harshly contrasts how few polygons make it up. Also his cap seems a bit lacking, but I don't mind it at all.

Everything else is near perfect and I played up until the swamp last night.

cbc551

Hello Nerrel, I just discovered this thread and I have to say that your work is amazing.

I have a question for you. I have tried the textures on the European version and the non-English graphics such as French or Spanish are not textured. Is there any future plan to texture these graphics in the future?

Thank you

rizz768

Noticed a very minor graphical glitch with the clock, when running or doing any action which causes the clock to become transparent the little dot can be seen through the diamond in the center.

I was able to fix this just by editing the texture in question and erasing the dot, as I don't think it's actually supposed to be seen at any point in the game anyway, may have been used as an alignment marker of some kind, or just an oversight from the developers at the time.

61OQow3.png

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
The inner square is supposed to be flush with the outer edge and the dark border around it is recessed. This is the kind of thing normal maps would probably help with:
I assumed as much on what the texture would really look like, but what odd optical illusion it creates!

OP
N

Nerrel

The ranch is now done aside from the wagon textures (GlideN64 has some glitches). I don't think I'll get around to screenshots this time, but here's the video:

I have two gripes so far though. The ground in the area where Link falls right at the start, before he's turned into a Deku Scrub. It just looked a bit off compared to the rest of the area. I think it had too much detail compared to the walls. And Deku Link's hair is too finely detailed which harshly contrasts how few polygons make it up. Also his cap seems a bit lacking, but I don't mind it at all.

Thanks for the feedback. Deku Link's textures still aren't really done, and the hat isn't textured at all yet. I may have to wait to see if I can do model edits before finalizing him because the mapping on his hair is so bad. The intro segment is also going to have a lot of textures replaced on the second pass.

Hello Nerrel, I just discovered this thread and I have to say that your work is amazing.

I have a question for you. I have tried the textures on the European version and the non-English graphics such as French or Spanish are not textured. Is there any future plan to texture these graphics in the future?

Thank you

I'm not going to be able to provide those textures since I only have the US ROM but the Dolphin pack does have textures for several languages, I think that's something that's being worked on right now in fact. It wouldn't be too hard to add those textures to the project64 version if the filenames were changed.

Noticed a very minor graphical glitch with the clock, when running or doing any action which causes the clock to become transparent the little dot can be seen through the diamond in the center.

I've been replacing the HUD piece by piece and that frame will be redrawn at some point. The dot is there in the original texture and doesn't really seem to serve a purpose, so I'll leave it out on the next version.

krypton

Could anyone quickly explain how i use this texturepack? I just dont get it to work

Edit: I got it working now, but the Text in the Menus like in the Item Screen "Kokiri-Sword" still got the old textures. And the letters ä ö ü and ß are also the old textures. Anything i can do to fix this?

Last edited: