What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Majora's Mask N64HD Project Completed!

vinnie

I'm hopeless with this sort of stuff my dude but the discord is pretty active so I'd recommend asking there

hey thanks, forgot there was a discord for a sec. went there, read alot of the stuff in the channels, and now it works perfectly! (im not exactly sure what went wrong, but i followed everything via the discord and its fine now.)

Admentus

On behalf of Nerrel

"The pack is in the final stage, and I'm aiming for the whole thing to be done around January hopefully."

The final video:

OP
N

Nerrel

I think I can post here again now? Anyway, the thing is done, here's a beta release:

!Huge file warning!

There should be a video pretty soon to give more details, if you like those

Last edited by a moderator:

annihilation

Hey Nerrel, hey community,

first of all: Tons of respect! I've stumbled across your work quite some time ago, but wanted to wait until you were finished.

So I'm totally stoked to finally give your project a shot.

It seems though as if the links you provided in your previous post no longer work (Google Drive).

Rosalies installer installs at least "some" version; I just don't know if it automatically uses your latest update. Can anyone say something about that or provide a link to the Nerrels latest release?

A second question: Unfortunately my game stutters from time to time (both in game as well as in video sequences). I guess this is due to the loading process of the HTS version as stated in the first posting.
Or do you guys have any other ideas (settings I should double check, etc.)?

-> In case the stutter is due to a lack of disc speed, I hope to mitigate some of that when moving the game to a SSD (I'm using a relatively old setup right now with too little remaining disc space on my SSD, so I'm running it on a classical HDD :rolleyes:).

What about you guys: Does the game run smoothly for you, or is some stutter to be expected? I do not have *that* much experience w/ project64 etc., but the few games I tried so far worked pretty well.

OP
N

Nerrel

It seems though as if the links you provided in your previous post no longer work (Google Drive).

Rosalies installer installs at least "some" version; I just don't know if it automatically uses your latest update. Can anyone say something about that or provide a link to the Nerrels latest release?

A second question: Unfortunately my game stutters from time to time (both in game as well as in video sequences). I guess this is due to the loading process of the HTS version as stated in the first posting.
Or do you guys have any other ideas (settings I should double check, etc.)?
The installer should give you the most up to date version, the beta was removed because the pack is now officially on the 1.0 release. The stuttering is unfortunately unavoidable, the HTS cache tries to read the textures as the areas load and some of them are so large that you're likely to have stutters even on a fast drive. That said, setting the cache up on the fastest drive you have should help. The old HTC format avoided this by loading everything at startup rather than loading during gameplay but that's completely impractical to do now that the pack is 18GB

Reactions: Jaz

annihilation

Thanks a lot for the explanation! So I'll see if I can move things around and make space on my SSD.

I'm really looking forward to playing the game with your textures.

Thank you again for all the work you put into the project 🤗

OP
N

Nerrel

It's fully done now, the last video goes through every possible setup option. Thanks to everyone for your interest and feedback. Maybe a mod can move this to the complete section?

Last edited:
OP
N

Nerrel

Thanks for the thread move but this should actually be in the N64 section (although I guess the pack does apply to GC+Wii as well). The GC/Wii port still isn't finished yet