What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Majora's Mask N64HD Project Completed!

OP
N

Nerrel

The option is called "use file storage instead of memory cache." You need to get the latest WIP build if you don't see it now. If you enable file storage with the PNG pack then GlideN64 will read all of the PNG files and then create a new cache file that it can read from more quickly. Unlike Dolphin, it won't load new textures instantly because it's reading from that cache file instead of the PNGs.

I can't recommend any Mupen64 version because I've never gotten any of them to work. I think the only decent version with a GUI is also behind a paywall. It does seem like that 5GB memory figure is wrong, as I've since seen double that listed with even less of the pack loaded:
48740985763_0b3160b32b_b.jpg

I think reloading the pack causes the figure to inaccurately double each time. Whatever is going on with the RAM use, a member of my Discord did successfully compile a 64-bit Project64 that might hopefully solve any memory issues for good (it's interpreter only right now).

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I am happy to see you still working on this. I am sorrowed by the fact that you barely receive any feedback from anyone (unless you are posting this on another forum as well) given the amount of work that you have put into it.

Since you said you would probably not create an OoT pack, I might have to *ahem* "borrow" a few of these for mine (personal use, not to redistribute) which is basically the OoT Community Project with only a few unrealized graphics that I created.

I hope that you don't mind.

OP
N

Nerrel

I am happy to see you still working on this. I am sorrowed by the fact that you barely receive any feedback from anyone (unless you are posting this on another forum as well) given the amount of work that you have put into it.

Since you said you would probably not create an OoT pack, I might have to *ahem* "borrow" a few of these for mine (personal use, not to redistribute) which is basically the OoT Community Project with only a few unrealized graphics that I created.

I hope that you don't mind.

I've been posting on Discord while I work and get very fast feedback there, which is partly why I haven't posted as many image comparisons here. I might do Ocarina of Time 3D depending on how well things turn out with the MM project. If you want to use the textures for something I'm fine with it as long as credit is given if you end up sharing it.

Fantastic work! Any chance for polish diacritics better textures font? Your texture pack work on polish language rom (based on USA 1.0), but polish diacritics have orginal look. Thank you for this texture pack. Cheers.

I don't have other ROMs to work with, but if you post texture dumps I may be able to make them for you when I have the time.

death--droid

I'm glad to see that this project is still coming along so well.

One thing to nitpick in the screenshot below, is that i feel like the coloured patterns get a little to lost when compared to the original. I think the colours need to pop and stand out a bit more.

48768446922_6bfd46fc35.jpg

Admentus

Stone Tower

I am posting on behalf of Nerrel who is having some issues posting.

Temple is about done, the video will be up within a few days:

(You might have noticed a few 3DS styled textures in there, a number of the 3D temple textures were done at the same time)

Last edited:

Admentus

Secret Shrine

I am posting once more on behalf of Nerrel who is having some issues posting.

Here are a few shots from the secret shrine:

And here's the temple video in case anyone missed it:

Last edited:

Chucky

Hello.

First I want to say thank you for this texture pack, I'm currently playing OoT and plan to play through Majoras Mask as well :)

I got a question, tho. Did anyone try to run the game with Retroarch, using a HTC File and the "Mupen64Plus" core? That works just fine for the OoT Hd Community pack, but I'm not sure if this is much bigger and won't work that way.

Edit: the method with Project64s cache file I used with the OoT pack seems not to work here. Any ideas or can someone link me a proper HTC file?

Last edited:

brizola

Greetings! I really appreciate this project, we can see that it's been put a lot of effort on it so cheers for the creators.
However I still haven't been able to load the texture pack on Mupen64, would it be that my hardware is so old that it doesn't reach the minimum requirements? I've even tried the 1.2gb version link, which is smaller, that the friend up here sent, but to no avail. Am I being too hopeful by trying to run it on a single-core x64 + 4gb ram machine, with Intel integrated graphics? Just to make sure..

Last edited:

Melqui

I have created this account just to thank you for this great effort and also ask in passing if the patch is compatible with the Spanish version.

Greetings from Peru

Last edited by a moderator:

aguythatcan

Constant Error

I keep geting this Error even from the BetterMajorasMaskInstaller. Any ideas?

cn64system::runrsp() unknown memory action

I searched it and followed the guides and nothing seems to work

vinnie

hi sorry to bother, just registered so that maybe i could get some help... i probably am posting it to the wrong place, but its 2am and im trying my best ahaha

i followed the instructions to install this to the t exactly 4 times, and i even tried using the little installer OP created twice - but i still am not getting the texture pack to show up when playing the game and i keep getting an error saying unable to save current preset... is there something that im not understanding?

like, i retried multiple times, re-checked what i did, nothing is in error...is there a reason it's not working for me?

frostlink

hi sorry to bother, just registered so that maybe i could get some help... i probably am posting it to the wrong place, but its 2am and im trying my best ahaha

i followed the instructions to install this to the t exactly 4 times, and i even tried using the little installer OP created twice - but i still am not getting the texture pack to show up when playing the game and i keep getting an error saying unable to save current preset... is there something that im not understanding?

like, i retried multiple times, re-checked what i did, nothing is in error...is there a reason it's not working for me?

I'm hopeless with this sort of stuff my dude but the discord is pretty active so I'd recommend asking there