What's new

The E3 Thread

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Can we just get back to the main fact that is Sony is a giant douchebag, Nintendo Wins, and Microsoft agrees with the previous statement.

BlueFalcon7

OK the fact that the PS3 won't have a fan system is also a lie...
Or else the 64 Bit, 3.2 GHz processor will turn a PS3 into a puddle on my floor.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well the sales that sony makes says otherwise. Sure nintendo could take this console wars this time, but sony will still take 2nd place closely if not 1st. Nothing to say for Microsoft right now.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
revl8er said:
Well the sales that sony makes says otherwise. Sure nintendo could take this console wars this time, but sony will still take 2nd place closely if not 1st. Nothing to say for Microsoft right now.

Is there anything you're basing this on other then raging sony fanboyism? The PS3 is going to cost 200 to 300 dollars more then the 360, and every major developer has already said while the PS3 may have a technological superiority, it's overly complex processor makes it un-necessicarily hard to program for. The X360 is only slightly below the graphical capibilities of the PS3, and at it's price point, which is probablyu poised for a drop right about the time, if not soon after the launch of the PS3, there's a very minute chance that sony can even come in second this time around in the console wars.

Sony is fucking themselves in the ass with a steel dildo.

Allnatural

Hexidecimal said:
Is there anything you're basing this on other then raging sony fanboyism? The PS3 is going to cost 200 to 300 dollars more then the 360, and every major developer has already said while the PS3 may have a technological superiority, it's overly complex processor makes it un-necessicarily hard to program for. The X360 is only slightly below the graphical capibilities of the PS3, and at it's price point, which is probablyu poised for a drop right about the time, if not soon after the launch of the PS3, there's a very minute chance that sony can even come in second this time around in the console wars.
True on all points. However, the very same could be said about the PS2 and Xbox (except the price) and look how that turned out. I think the Japanese will end up deciding the winner. The X360 has hardly sold in Japan, and the PS3 will probably fly off the shelves, premium pricing notwithstanding.

In the end, all that matters is what games I'm enjoying. I don't give a damn which console I'm playing them on.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Allnatural said:
In the end, all that matters is what games I'm enjoying. I don't give a damn which console I'm playing them on.

Here here.

Shame the bloody Japanese don't have the same attitude. :plain:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well for one thing, I am not a sony fanboy. I am basing ths on the way the ps2 dominated in sales. Sure the ps3 will be more than the others but that means nothing. Like I have said before if it has the games then it is gonna sell. I would like to see nintendo back on top right now. I personally could give less of a fck about the xbox 360 after i saw how pitiful the xbox was. Sure I made the mistake of buying one but I only bought like 4 games for it and only finished like 2 of them. I mean how much halo can we actually play. The only game I actually enjoyed on the xbox was KOTOR and I finished that game 6 times. But you can say anything you want about Sony, but when the figures come back from the sales of the ps3 you'll see that sony knows what they are doing. But your next statement will probably be shut up you sony fanboy or some crap like that. Well you can have your opinions and I got mine.

Allnatural said:

Well said, I agree totally. I personally dont have a problem spending any amount on a console as long as I can get decent games. Give me a good RPG, or a game that will at least give me good gameplay and at least 20+ hours gameplay then I will be happy.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Hey, I'm a fair man, i own a PS2, and i actually still have a PS1. I have the xbox and the cube as well, and a slew of other back consoles. My main point in this all is, sony screwed up. I don't care how much anyone thinks the games are all that matters, you have to have the hardware, to run the games.

The point is, a very large number of gamers are between the ages of 12 and 16, mostly without jobs who depend on their parental units to supply them with sweet digital goodness. Any parent who can walk into a store, with PS3s and 360s next to one another on a shelf, and sees that the same games (with a few sony exlusive/microsoft exclusive titles) at the same graphical capability, and the 360 costs 200 less? No contest. The average consumer is more concerned with price point then game content.

Now for other, those of us nerds who argue this shit on the internets, we dont care. We're brand loyal, or were series loyal, we go where the games are good, and if Sony can find a game I cannot live without, I'll bite the bullet and pickup a PS3, but right now, I'm not seeing it. The 600 dollar price, for a player of a format DVD that has yet to even show signs of catching on over HD-DVD, which is now available and already beginning to be used, does not entice me.

I have a computer, i dont need another all in one entertainment device, infact, thats why i still play the few console games I do play. No Hassle. No Extra Bells and Whistles. I put in a disc, pick up a control, and zone out. Stop shoveling shit down my throat with my games.

Which is why nintendo wins. They aren't trying to be a DVD/Blu Ray/HD-DVD/Toaster/Media Center/Sex Robot/Cheese Sandwhich console. They make games, for gamers, with little else. They're worried about the core gamer market, not the ones who need to have 40,000 dollar home entertainment centers to enjoy their console.

(also when i posted last night i had a couple of drinks in me, so sorry for the raging sony fanboyism crack.)

Allnatural

Hexidecimal said:
The 600 dollar price, for a player of a format DVD that has yet to even show signs of catching on over HD-DVD, which is now available and already beginning to be used, does not entice me.
Can't argue there. And the only thing more ridiculous is what they're likely losing on each sale, given speculation on the price of the upcoming, stand-alone Blu-ray players. Sony's so damned determined to get market penetration they're practically flushing money down the toilet, while the rest of us (me included) are saying "six-fucking-hundred dollars?!?"

Not that it really matters in the end; I've never been an early adopter.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Hexidecimal said:
Hey, I'm a fair man, i own a PS2, and i actually still have a PS1. I have the xbox and the cube as well, and a slew of other back consoles. My main point in this all is, sony screwed up. I don't care how much anyone thinks the games are all that matters, you have to have the hardware, to run the games.

The point is, a very large number of gamers are between the ages of 12 and 16, mostly without jobs who depend on their parental units to supply them with sweet digital goodness. Any parent who can walk into a store, with PS3s and 360s next to one another on a shelf, and sees that the same games (with a few sony exlusive/microsoft exclusive titles) at the same graphical capability, and the 360 costs 200 less? No contest. The average consumer is more concerned with price point then game content.

Now for other, those of us nerds who argue this shit on the internets, we dont care. We're brand loyal, or were series loyal, we go where the games are good, and if Sony can find a game I cannot live without, I'll bite the bullet and pickup a PS3, but right now, I'm not seeing it. The 600 dollar price, for a player of a format DVD that has yet to even show signs of catching on over HD-DVD, which is now available and already beginning to be used, does not entice me.

I have a computer, i dont need another all in one entertainment device, infact, thats why i still play the few console games I do play. No Hassle. No Extra Bells and Whistles. I put in a disc, pick up a control, and zone out. Stop shoveling shit down my throat with my games.

Which is why nintendo wins. They aren't trying to be a DVD/Blu Ray/HD-DVD/Toaster/Media Center/Sex Robot/Cheese Sandwhich console. They make games, for gamers, with little else. They're worried about the core gamer market, not the ones who need to have 40,000 dollar home entertainment centers to enjoy their console.

That is the most sensible post I've ever read on this issue.

Ever. :)

WhiteX

Yes, that quite sums it up.
I bow to hexidecimal.

Oh! and i am about to get a ps2!!!!!!!!!
my first console in 9 years!!!!!!!!!

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
*bows* When you can grab the Wii-mote from my hand, your training will be complete grasshopper. :p

Just tired of the bitching.

WhiteX

Yes, sometimes we get carried away and believe that all the world think like us in the matter of gaming, most ppl will have one console on their houses and for their kids.
Hardcore gamers is another matter entirely.

BlueFalcon7

Allnatural said:
I agree, but price is also a factor, I dont want to be spending $200 more than I have to be paying.

revl8er said:
Like I have said before if it has the games then it is gonna sell.
I am not paying $500 just to play 3 games for the PS3.

Hexidecimal said:
I am one of those gamers between 12 and 16, I am getting a job this summer, but its not a high paying job, and I just cant fork over $500-600 for a PS3, I want a 360 of my own, and I want to get that Wii with its remote. 2 systems there, for the price of a PS3.

If anyone noticed, in the last gen consle wars, the PS2 won eventhough it was the least powerful, the Xbox didn't do as well in the beginning, but near the end It was selling really well mostly because of Halo 2, and hardware superiority. Thats probably what is going to happen again. With the exception that the PS3 will be over $300 for years to come unless some sort of miracle happens, and the fact that the Wii will have a sweet controller, Thats probably what is going to happen in this generation, with people getting the 360 and the Wii. But at the end, the PS3 sales will probably go up, but that will be in many years, and Sony wont be profiting as much. Im just comparing the results of the last gen systems though, and Im probably wrong, because things have changed this generation.

revl8er

That Damn Good
bluefalcon said:
I am not paying $500 just to play 3 games for the PS3.

Well that is just your opinion as is my opinion on the xbox 360 will only have like 2 games worth playing.

Excellent post hexidecimal. I personally dont think that sony screwed up completely yet. They are known for doing stuff like this yet they still have great sales. Yes I agree that nintendo is the only system doing it right by looking at the true gamers like myself. I really cant wait to try out the Wii for myself to see how good the controller really is. I just hope they get a good star wars game for it that uses the controller as a lightsaber.

Yes most of the games will be on each console so most consumers will go with the Wii, but there are other games that will require you to have another console. I dont have the money to buy all 3 just yet, but I am definately gonna get the Wii and ps3 when they are released. I'm just ready to play MGS3, RE5, whatever new mario's come out, and Zelda of course.

I say we need to get back on topic and get off the topic of the console wars because its too early to see which one will win and its basically just our opinions.

WhiteX

Back on topic...

WhiteX said:
As a DS lover and a Megaman fan, i´m expecting...

Megaman ZX (Capcom)

Too cool for school, this one will rock, play as the Guardians, expect it to be big, Anime cutscenes, fully voiced, Megaman ZX will rock!

WhiteX said:
LoZ: The Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)

If you put some thought into it, it is kinda like "Zelda meets Diablo", i mean, you point with the stylus the dude you wanna whack, the ppl you wanna talk and so forth, must have the Zelda feeling or else will be a good game but not a Zelda game.

WhiteX said:
Final Fantasy 3 DS (Square-Enix)

Another great game, although it did not use the two screens on battle this game will serve as proof os DS´s 3D power that PSP fanboys like to bash.

WhiteX said:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Konami)

Good, Gamespot praised it too much, if it lives to the legacy of Dawn of Sorrow will be good enough, the 3d enemies are cool and the two characters on single player are also nice, i want to see wha is the special thing that the main character must do before he can use the Vampire Killer.

WhiteX said:
The potential release for MM Battle Network 6 DS

The GBA one got postponed so, no go and more, Lord Phoenix from Planet Megaman interviewed Keiji Inafune and Inafune-san told him that BN 6 is the last iteration of the BN series, however he said to have sum´ in the burner for us!

WhiteX said:
As for PC, i wish they could release some action adventure games but it seems that the PC gamer got too old for that. :p
So i guess we will have the same flood of RTS´s, FPS´s and MMO´s.

Oh, just f*ck it, i´ll get a console.