What's new

The E3 Thread

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
From what I read... Sony are having problems with the company that has patented the technology. The story goes... Sony uses rumble technology. Immersion (the company that has the patent) sues Sony (and Microsoft; not Nintendo, though, no idea why). Sony loses the battle and appeals (Microsoft pays a large sum of money to Immersion to be able to use rumble). Immersion also said that they can help sony to get rumble and tilt in their controller if they drop their appeal.

...But is that going to happen? We all know sony.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Doomulation said:
From what I read... Sony are having problems with the company that has patented the technology. The story goes... Sony uses rumble technology. Immersion (the company that has the patent) sues Sony (and Microsoft; not Nintendo, though, no idea why). Sony loses the battle and appeals (Microsoft pays a large sum of money to Immersion to be able to use rumble). Immersion also said that they can help sony to get rumble and tilt in their controller if they drop their appeal.

...But is that going to happen? We all know sony.

They didn't sue Nintendo because they had paid the license money

smegforbrain

The really sad part of the rumble stuff is that Immersion just sits around collecting paychecks, when they haven't done shit with the technology.

It's why you see eBay, Amazon, MS, and others getting sued for just about everything imaginable these days - they developed some ideas independently, but some dick holds a patent on the basic concept, with no intention of actually using it, until somebody else comes along that they can collect from.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Doomulation said:
Blame the US patent system. It happens pretty often from what I gather.

Americans...
Wasn't it creative who patented the category system that apple already used in their ipods? :rolleyes:
Then they threatened to sue apple.

Jakob

evil *******
correction, they have sued apple, and apple has countersued creative and then sued creative again for good measure