What's new

The E3 Thread

BlueFalcon7

Well, I was shy about getting the Wii, because I thought everyone would make fun of me, but now I can really brag to my friends about the Wii, and prove to them that the PS3 not really the best.

For the "champs" I say that the 360, and the Wii win, for reasons that have been explained throughout this thread.

As for the "chump," Hexidecimal explains it very well:
Hexidecimal said:
Sony is fucking themselves in the ass with a steel dildo.
for reasons that have been explained throughout this thread.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well Sony didn't do too good at E3, but dont count them out yet. As for which system will win, the Wii all the way.

blizz

Problem is Sony still have Final Fantasy, which the japanese will flock to because they're brain dead idiots.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Square enix are the brain dead idiots. They can't see that they can produce it to another system. Or is Sony forcing them to produce it for Playstation 3?

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Doomulation said:
Square enix are the brain dead idiots. They can't see that they can produce it to another system. Or is Sony forcing them to produce it for Playstation 3?

Well the new CC is Wii-only I think, and they're also making a new one for the 360 - so it's not all Sony just yet.

Doomulation

The FF basically is... the traditional ones. Though they are making other games in the genre for other consoles.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
I saw a market research from Japan, it was about which console they wanted to buy the most. I think Wii atleast was over 60%

WhiteX

Doomulation said:

They may have one of them exclusive contracts like the one they used to have with Rockstar.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
WhiteX said:
They may have one of them exclusive contracts like the one they used to have with Rockstar.
They are under contract, to my knowledge. Plus, I read an interview somewhere where one of S-E's head honchos said that the main development platform will be the PS3, at least for now.

Quite frankly, I don't have a problem with that. It's their choice after all.

Last edited:
OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
You end up with a console with half the triangle setup rate of the 360, a crippled CPU that is a bitch to program, and tools that are atrocious compared to the 360.

Nice.

I like it. :D

smegforbrain

Jaz said:
And a control pad without rumble - WTF?

Good riddance.

I never really paid much attention to it, and I know for sure how little I care about rumble when I never use it on my wireless game pads. :)

As for the rumors about PS3 performance... they're just that right now: rumors. Do try to remember that before you think you can laugh all the way to the bank about how the PS3 will supposedly suck. You guys are such wishful thinkers. :)

revl8er

That Damn Good
Good riddance.

I never really paid much attention to it, and I know for sure how little I care about rumble when I never use it on my wireless game pads

Exactly, I mean what point does rumble actually have. I mean its useless IMO. It doesnt make you feel any like you are in the game, so why have it.

Doomulation

Although it may not make you feel like you're in the game, don't you like it when you hit the wall with a sword you get a rumbling feeling? I do. The feeling of removing rumble is a sad thing, and curse you sony for doing it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
revl8er said:
Exactly, I mean what point does rumble actually have. I mean its useless IMO. It doesnt make you feel any like you are in the game, so why have it.
Some PSX and PS2 games depend heavily on the rumble to give crucial hints to the player that would otherwise go unnoticed, and in the worst case, would lead to a Game Over.

Last edited:

Doomulation

Uh-oh... now that doesn't sound good. Sony is screwing up three-times. Also I remember Mario Party on gamecube... a mini-game where you climb a snowy mountain. When the wind blows, you'll have to gold or or you'll get swept down. Of course, the wind pretty much always blows, but when it starts to really blow is when you need to grab hold. What better way to notice the wind's strength than rumble? A big "!" on the screen when it starts to really blow? What about the "duds" or "fakes" of winds that appeared sometimes to fool you? Rumble is critical here and with this I shall provide evidence than in some games rumble is just a must.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Doomulation said:
Although it may not make you feel like you're in the game, don't you like it when you hit the wall with a sword you get a rumbling feeling? I do. The feeling of removing rumble is a sad thing, and curse you sony for doing it.

Absolutley.

When I heard that Sony were going to drop the rumble from their pad, I went onto my 360, turned rumble off and played a game of PGR3. The experience was flat and dull. It's amazing just how much I missed the feedback into my hands when you clip the apex curb or tap a competitor.

Sony will regret not including it.