What's new

The E3 Thread

BlueFalcon7

SSB brawl will be the coolest fighting game, because its SSB, and because its online. That way I can prove to my friends that there not the best, and I hope nintendo takes out the wave dash or else the game will just suck.

revl8er

That Damn Good
After seeing the MGS4 trailer, I am definately buying a ps3. That game is just gonna be one game I have to play.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
revl8er said:
After seeing the MGS4 trailer, I am definately buying a ps3. That game is just gonna be one game I have to play.

You're going to spend that much money on a machine based on one trailer?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well I am a big Metal Gear fan, have been since the beginning. So that game is a definate buy for me. I am also looking foward to RE5, and FFXIII.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Agozer said:
Wherever my favorite games go, I go. It's that simple.

Fair enough, it is each to their own after all. I guess I’ve just never been naive enough to follow one particular series – and base my hardware decision purely on that. I chose hardware based on the range of games available, and the technical aspects of a console. Some people will buy a Wii because of the controller – fine. I play Xbox because I love online gaming.

smegforbrain

Jaz said:
I guess I’ve just never been naive enough to follow one particular series

For me, it's not just one series, but most of the games I am interested in are either available for PS2 (such as Final Fantasy, or just about anything from Koei, some other companies), or are available for PC.

So, imo, XBox tends to be far more redundant, just on the type of games that I buy, which is mostly RPG's and strategy games, whereas the XBox has really pushed for the first-person shooters (which I prefer to play on PC) and sports (which I barely play at all).

Is the hardware that important? Yes and no. For the most part, when you get down to it, the XBox and PS2 (and now the XBox 360 and PS3) are pretty equal in the long run.

I think Nintendo lost me long ago as a customer because they took too long to make the switch to CD and then DVD, which is where everybody else was headed. The N64 only ended up with what, a few hundred game titles to choose from?

I do give Nintendo credit - they know their niche, and they're going to survive because of it. They don't lose money on their consoles, and they're not worried about putting out a system that is getting to the point where you have to have an HD tv just to fully enjoy. That, and they pwn the hand-held market, which has really helped keep Nintendo going. :D

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well for me, hardware has nothing to do with it. I prefer a console that will have a lot of games that interest me and will actually keep me occupied. RPGs and some action games tend to do that for me.

WhiteX

Same here, i get much more love from my DS now than my PC.

Graphics are nothing, gaming is everything.
Wii

BlueFalcon7

WhiteX said:
Graphics are nothing, gaming is everything.
haha, some n00bs I know dont seem to understand that, and they dont understand how the graphics even work, they just take the companies word for the fact that the graphics are more powerful. I could do a whole explination about how the Wii will have graphics almost as good as the 360 even with a weaker GPU.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
So, anyone knows of a good coverage of E3, eg DVD? Where you can see all the press conferances and the games and more fun stuff. E3 Access 2005 by NextGenVideos was terrific, but they won't be producing one for this year :(

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Doomulation said:
Any search for E3 on lik-sang turns out ZERO.

Weird. :(

How about this?

With E3 2006 on the horizon, we here at N-Sider thought it would be a good time to announce plans for our upcoming E3 2006 DVD. After much preliminary deliberation, we've eschewed the format we've used for previous years in favor of an interesting and highly experimental "documentary" style production for this year's show.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I doubt it. Not only does the intro look pathetic, but they just run around scanning things a little here and there. Not what I'd call a real E3 dvd.
Bah. Curses, NextGenVideos, you bastards :(

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well - we've all had chance to digest E3.

I ask you this: who was your champ of E3, and who was your chump?

It can be anything from the show.

I'll start us off...

Champ: Nintendo. It was hard for me to decide between Nintendo and Microsoft. I think Microsoft did a fantastic job of promoting the 360 even more with some kick ass titles that look just as good as the "super-duper-powerful" PS3 - proving to me that the 360 was not too early. But I have given it to Nintendo because prior to E3 I wasn't really interested in owning a Wii. But after the pricing announcements and seeing the demo's in action, I'm looking forward to pre-ordering.

Chump: Sony. A terrible E3 for Sony, meaning that they were about as popular as the Xbox 360 is in Japan. Multi-format games look no better on PS3 as they do on 360 - the only difference being that I can play them now, rather than later. Sony need to realise quickly that they're not going to win this generation on a brand name. And a control pad without rumble - WTF?