What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

A Link to the Past style Ocarina of Time by JDavis

AshuraZro

I'm liking the idea behind this project alot. If your going to retexture a game, you might as well go big with the style, am I right? I've got a lot of free time comming up in about 2 weeks (finished high school) and a very active interest in screwing around with images and creating stuff, so I'm probably going to spend a little bit of time playing around with things and see if I can help contribute to this. And yes your quite right about the pink hair, Kerber2k.

Last edited:

pedrocasilva

jessman(reborn) said:
WHOA! That Link is SO COOL! This game seems so much better and more FAITHFUL than the real n64 game.
Offtopic: Actually I think Child Link looks better in one of the last Betas than it does on the final build of OoT:

ABR_DC_differentmainroom.jpg
ABR_DC_oldbosstunnel1.gif

ABR_DM_goronandmulticolouredbombflower.jpg
ABR_DM_goodview.jpg

Also if you guys look at more videos... it seems like the physics and animation on the hat were better than the final ones

bloodyzelda

Still alive
I've heard the videos were created apart from the game and weren't actually made with the N64. For example, Link's shadow in a video is WAY too realistic while in the game it was just a plain circle (now it looks like two dots) it's probably the same thing for the hat. But I might be wrong.

BTW, that project is very interesting, although I never really played ALTTP... keep up the nice work!

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
His hair isn't that brown it's very light browny yellow. But I think that would be the best design.

OP
JDavis

JDavis

Unfortunately, "a bit sidetracked" escalated into "very sidetracked" and now the spring semester has started, so I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend on the project.

As for Link, I just haven't gotten to him, partly because I was unable to locate some of his textures (his hair in particular, which I do fully plan to make LttP pink).

Vanit

There ya go. The texture itself is just a pure pink placeholder. Feel free to change it to something else.

Last edited:

Vanit

Well I tried taking the highres hair out of Federelli's pack, making it grayscale, changing it back to RBG mode and putting a pink translucent layer over the top and you get this effect. Ofcourse I won't be giving you this texture because it was based on someone else's work.

Typify

Nolife
Ohmygod that pink hair is melting my brains. That is a crime against nature, it should not be inserted into this pack >_<

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
I heard that the pink hair was originally a mistake and that no one seemed to notice until the product, heh. You're right. It looks pretty bad, but I guess giving him brown hair wouldn't be "A Link to the Past" style. I really think brown's the way to go, but no one wants to hear my opinion...heh...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
For the sake of not pissing off a lot of players, please, keep the hair it's original OoT color... Even if it's LttP-style.

Pink hair just ins't right, no matter how original it would be. Especially on someone like Link. Eww.

Last edited:

Kerber2k

jessman(reborn) said:
I heard that the pink hair was originally a mistake and that no one seemed to notice until the product, heh. You're right. It looks pretty bad, but I guess giving him brown hair wouldn't be "A Link to the Past" style. I really think brown's the way to go, but no one wants to hear my opinion...heh...

Not a mistake simply a fad that occured in Japan at the time think of it as Nintendos attempt to make
Link hip to youth around japan. I think charecters from BS zelda had pink hair too if I recall.