What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

A Link to the Past style Ocarina of Time by JDavis

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
That is so cool! OoT with old skool zelda graphics, i love it! I wonder what in-game graphics are gonna look like though.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
There's a lot to arrange...

ss_lozalttp_chomp.gif

How will you get the magic meter to go downwards?

TS_Death_Angel

enterthehatrix said:
There's a lot to arrange...

ss_lozalttp_chomp.gif

How will you get the magic meter to go downwards?
As far as I can tell, that would be impossible... although I could have a look. Apart from that everything else is easily doable.

OP
JDavis

JDavis

If we can't get it verticle, it isn't a big deal. I don't exactly expect us to have bomb, arrows, and keys displayed either :p We can just leave the meter horizontal below the three C-buttons.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
Not to jump into your texture project or anything, but I started on some designs... The hearts need resizing because they overlap, but the button boxes seem fine.
zeldapixelhud0ek.png

if you want it let me know.

enterthehatrix

Web Developer
LinkTheHero said:
cheats my frind cheats i think TS_Death_Angel well find a way:evil:
Well actually, the answer TS_Death_Angel gave me the answer I was after.

TS_Death_Angel, do you have any guides or information on how I can find this stuff for recolouring and repositioning?

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
JDavis said:
Not sure yet, I plan to do the menus and HUD and such first before I try dealing with any of the models' textures.
Yeah that's probably the best idea. (Also I nkow what I said might have sounded cocky but I didn't mean it like that :))

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Well, that is a cool Idea!
But it seemed to me like noone had retextured the world.
So I did a quick Kokiri-Forest retexture.
Do you like it? May I help in this project?
BTW: YAAAY!!! 100th Post! :D

Last edited:
OP
JDavis

JDavis

MuhMuh said:
Well, that is a cool Idea!
But it seemed to me like noone had retextured the world.
So I did a quick Kokiri-Forest retexture.
Do you like it? May I help in this project?
BTW: YAAAY!!! 100th Post! :D
Well, I could certainly use at least some of that!

OP
JDavis

JDavis

Hope nobody minds a double post >_>

Since everyone's clamoring for some non-menu stuff, Link in particular, I decided to go ahead and do.... Link's shield. (Was going to do Link, but I can't find his freaking hair <_<) Enjoy.
View attachment 30506

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
That shield looks great!
It's so much fun to retexture in alttp-style! :bouncy:
(Disable fog while using it, it looks better xD, thanks to pilm)

Last edited:

pilm

I've just tried MuhMuh's preview Pack, and it is amazing to see how those old textures with huge pixels fit the game well.
I recommand to disable the Fog, the effect is better.

xneoangel

Persona User
WOW that really looks crappy... errr i mean like an SNES xD anyway nice work MuhMuh and JDavis, cheers :party:

Keep it up!

P.S: Will you give link purple hair? :p

Vanit

Just because its Snes-style you don't have to use huge pixels. There is no reason why you still can't make the textures intricate. I find it disappointing that some of you are taking the easy way out with huge pixels and saying; woah zomgz sn3s styl3!

There's no reason why you still can't make the textures complex.