What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project Discussion topic

SavageHunter

Why is that guy not banned? All he does is troll and flamebait. But anyways, great pack and thank you for releasing it! I'm playing V5 as I'm typing, its great, I'm noticing all the improvements and additions. Its great! I wish I could see the stores, but the rice video plugin doesnt seem to work as many others have stated. So until that is fixed, I'll gladly use Glide64 for now. Heres hoping V6 will be just as good. School has prevented me from working on the shadow temple with steftheserb... So, sorry. Maybe I'll get working on it one the weekends. But other than that, I'm somewhat booked... I really wanted to contribute...! Well, I'll try my hardest on the weekends to get things done.

MasterGunz2345

It seems to run a little the same as Rice Video. Also, I'm not sure if this is my settings, but I seem to see a little lines in the sky that looks like the letter Y.

67032962.png

And this:

47806198.png

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

IncTexRectEdge <<< bad setting. it causes lines between textures.

That option isn't enabled for me, but in Current Game Option tab there is an Option called Increase TextRect Edge, which says use if there are horizontal lines or vertical, so I enable it and it still doesn't change. It's weird how I'm getting all these problems that no one else seems to be getting.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah, the default ini with the plugin is a mess. settings that shouldn't be enabled are enabled for one game version and disabled for the next.

if only glide64 had the same panorama support as rice.

MasterGunz2345

I know, its so confusing. I wish I was a pro at this stuff like the rest of you guys, plus the fact I got school prevents me from trying out different plugins.

squall_leonhart

Ok good news guys, I think I may of finally managed to temporarily fix the crash people have being getting with the animated textures with Rice Video, I'll upload it in a sec.

EDIT:
Here you go, compressed it with UPX this time round as well
http://emu-1964.googlecode.com/files/Rice Video R75.7z

maybe we should get some help backporting the alternate crc / tmem fix from glidehq to ricevideo. should fix all this rom version requirement right up.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

:p Yeah that would help greatly if someone could, I'm just slowly going through parts of the code at the moment trying to fix up problems with the animated textures thing and clean up other parts.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I have no idea what plugin you using or anything Ledd, I need some information if you want me to try and help out.

Ledd

I have no idea what plugin you using or anything Ledd, I need some information if you want me to try and help out.

my bad i posted earlier and assumed you seen it.
Im using Rice and PJ64 and it crashes right at the start menu every time.

MasterGunz2345

my bad i posted earlier and assumed you seen it.
Im using Rice and PJ64 and it crashes right at the start menu every time.

If you have Cache Hi-Res textures enabled in the Texture Enhancement tab, I think thats the problem that causes it to crash since it happened on me too before D-D released the newest Rice Video.

squall_leonhart

is it safe to remove those needs improvement folders, the patch of grass pngs and the lower res duplicates of the bomb and key?