What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project Discussion topic

MasterGunz2345

Ok It loaded all the textures fine in 1964, but as soon as it does, i get a message saying " Can't Start Video" which means it doesn't show anything at all. Pj64 didn't work, still crashed.

Seriously, I'm sick of when everything is going fine, then oops, something goes wrong. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Ran both 1964 and Pj64 as Administrator, and CFF Explorer. Has anyone else gotten this to work btw bro?

Last edited:

KrazyTrumpeter

When's the last time you updated DirectX or your graphics card drivers?

Also, since you have UAC on, are you running the emulator as administrator? That might make a difference.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

When's the last time you updated DirectX or your graphics card drivers?

Hmm not sure when was the last time I updated my Direct X. My card driver, well its a 9800 GT NVidia card, but it didn't make a difference in Pj64 or 1964, just Resident Evil 5 and those kind of games. Is there a link where i can update my Direct X?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
K Pj64 crashes when it gets to texture 2038, so now I'm gonna try 1964

EDIT: Ok now 1964 was loading the textures just fine till it gave me a message saying "g_NULL" then it crashes

Honestly, I hate when these stupid ass messages come up just when you think everything is going to work. Im not sure if this is the Rice video plugin doing this, or it's my computer. If it Rice, I got that Rice R75 D-D provided us.

*plants face into desk*
because you didn't follow my instructions from earlier.

pj64 patched with http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=112556

start pj64, open glide64 options, and click the best quality button
set the texture pack type to none.
Start the game.
Pause emulation.
enter glide64 settings and enable the pack.
enable "Apply texture compression"
pack will load.
one loaded, open up the settings again to write the cache file(s)
hit ok again and unpause emulation.

the crash occurs because the recompiler hits unaccessible memory that it requires thats been locked by the loading texture pack.

Last edited:

KrazyTrumpeter

I have to disagree with Squall here about using PJ64 and glide...1964 and Rice are much better solutions, and easier to work with.

Your crashing problem now, the "Can't start video" sounds like it's directx and/or graphics driver related. You should be good to go after you update both of those. I'm running Win7 and a 9800 myself, so hopefully what worked for me will also work for you.

squall_leonhart

1964 and rice are NOT better, thats the talk of someone without a clue.

pj64's core is far more stable, and Glide64 doesn't have CRC accuracy flaws.
glide64 also works on all the rom versions, where as rice/1964 do not. and glide properly supports the framebuffer effects.

Rice also has performance issues under vista/7 due to inaccurate frame limiting / vsync function.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

*plants face into desk*
because you didn't follow my instructions from earlier.

pj64 patched with http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=112556

start pj64, open glide64 options, and click the best quality button
set the texture pack type to none.
Start the game.
Pause emulation.
enter glide64 settings and enable the pack.
enable "Apply texture compression"
pack will load.
one loaded, open up the settings again to write the cache file(s)
hit ok again and unpause emulation.

the crash occurs because the recompiler hits unaccessible memory that it requires thats been locked by the loading texture pack.

Would the "write the cache file (s)" be the Save cache to disk, or compress texture cache? Those two were already enabled before I did what you just said.

EDIT: Glide 64 already had no slow time problems from the start, but I'm not using that. Plus I just did exactly what you told me to do, and I still get this, AND i patched Pj64.

10669230.png

The way I patched Pj64 was that I opened that large address aware as admin, just to be safe. I selected Project64 from the folder it was in and made, I checked the box, then pushed save, and said saves were successfully changed. I did the steps you told me to, and i still get the texture problems. Glide 64 gave me no loading time problems, its 1964 and Rice Video doing it. I updated my Direct X with dxwebsetup. I'm about to go on 1964 and try using R35 and Glide 64. My feelings for Pj64 when it comes to these textures are really starting to change. No wonder this is the 1964 section.

Last edited:

KrazyTrumpeter

1964 and rice are NOT better, thats the talk of someone without a clue.

pj64's core is far more stable, and Glide64 doesn't have CRC accuracy flaws.

I have never had one single issue with r35 of the Rice plugin, and PJ64 has crashed on me about 100x more than 1964. 1964 and Rice are much simpler to set up and navigate, has some nicer features, and runs a lot smoother.

MasterGunz, any luck after updating DirectX and your drivers?

squall_leonhart

PJ64 only has crash issues because of bad configurations, Zelda 64 not being set to protect memory for instance, which (is slower but stable).

I have never had one single issue with r35 of the Rice plugin

Stuttering when framelimiter on, broken framebuffer/software framebuffer, broken AA, innacurate TMEM(which causes only one version of the game to be supported), no external texture caching, improperly configured database file......

I worked with mud testing his rice builds, i know all too well the issues with the Rice plugins.

Tiled version of the Hyrule bazaar HRB (For Glide64)

Last edited:

KrazyTrumpeter

What stuttering? AA works 100%. I'll give you that the framebuffer still needs work, but everything else you listed is invalid. Anyway, probably not the best place to have this discussion.

Besides, the "Can't start video" error is very unlikely related to an emulator/plugin. I'll be interested to see if he still gets the error after he's updated stuff.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Not so good so far with R35 on 1964. I haven't tried Glide 64 on 1964 emu yet, but I'm sure it'll do the same texture problems. I updated it with the latest Direct X, and DXSDK Jun 10.

EDIT: I give up, I tried everything, just nothing seems to work anymore. The only thing that will work for me is Glide 64, despite texture problems.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

What stuttering? AA works 100%. I'll give you that the framebuffer still needs work, but everything else you listed is invalid.

no it isn't.

The stuttering is a byproduct of a 59.94 refresh rate and having rice attempt to force 60.

Dx8 AA (Driver side) is broken and the internal AA is not compatible with screenshotting and Framebuffer

Innacurate TMEM is not invalid as it limits the compatibility of texture packs to a specific game, in this packs case it limits it to the 1.0 revision as thats what the incorrect crc's associate to, glide64 does not have this issue.

No caching is the biggest problem with rice as it means slow pack loading every time, and the config database packaged with more rice plugins is incorrect configured which leads to performance issues.

Don't even try giving me that invalid crap, I've had more indepth experience with the rice plugins then i'd wish.

squall_leonhart

also, i'm doing some testing of surface textures like hyrule field, and imo and with my eyes (and i can usually spot a single pixel out of place) There isn't enough difference in the large resolution textures (those above 2MB) to warrant their size.

dark_zek

Wow, its great to see this background functionally for Glide64, i download it and its fine just a little bug, but i dont know if its me or what, the last line of the background its missing... =]

EDIT:
seems thats a bug for you. my game has all the textures.

i realize that maybe the problem its on the uploading or something like that because those images have only the half of the picture, the other half its trasparent its like if was 256x64 instead of 256x128..

ps.. sorry for my english :p

Last edited: