What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project Discussion topic

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Squall_Leonhart, I'm pretty sure that's correct :p
@Flamestart I might upload it to Megaupload if my brothers account is still premium.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

I don't mean to be rude guys, but I wanted to point out a bug I found using Glide 64 Napalm Public Release 1.22 on PJ64. When I enter Death Mountain Crater, the floor is all, ummmm

deathn.png

And so far I found another bug, I haven't gotten that far to see if theres anything else with Glide 64 plugin, but heres another bug. I'm pretty sure it's the plugin acting up, cause Mudlord's Rice Video plugin didn't get these problems. The reason I use Glide 64 is cause it doesn't have terrible loading times like Rice video, but the catch for Glide 64 is bug problems, while the catch for Rice Video is terrible loading times.

foresy.png

Last edited:

flamestart

mediafire has a limit on upload sizes.

Just simply rar the file into 3 parts....

@death--droid Would be awesome if you could :D

I don't mean to be rude guys, but I wanted to point out a bug I found using Glide 64 Napalm Public Release 1.22 on PJ64. When I enter Death Mountain Crater, the floor is all, ummmm

deathn.png

And mannn that is uggglyyy lol :p try using a different plugin, its been stated before that glide 64 does not completely support this retexture pack.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The ground in gerudo valley needs work, you can tell where the texture seems are, they should blend on each edge to prevent this

squall_leonhart

deathn.png

And so far I found another bug, I haven't gotten that far to see if theres anything else with Glide 64 plugin, but heres another bug. I'm pretty sure it's the plugin acting up, cause Mudlord's Rice Video plugin didn't get these problems. The reason I use Glide 64 is cause it doesn't have terrible loading times like Rice video, but the catch for Glide 64 is bug problems, while the catch for Rice Video is terrible loading times.

foresy.png

cannot reproduce. use the WIP builds on the glide64 forum.

MasterGunz2345

cannot reproduce. use the WIP builds on the glide64 forum.

The WIP's don't seem to make a difference. It has to be Glide64 itself, no matter what version.

EDIT: I tried a few other plugins, some of them have graphical problems, and some crash. The best by far would be Rice Video, or 1964 plugin.

Last edited:

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
That's pretty weird, since I use PJ64 and one of the WIP builds to emulate the textures myself and I don't have that problem or a loading time issue. It could either be what settings you're using in the plugin (which is possible since I had to tweak mine like nuts for it to get it the way I like it) or, to put it bluntly, your PC sucks. :\ I personally think it is the first.

MasterGunz2345

Yes I believe so. I'm pretty shocked, I thought getting the NVidia 9800GT Card would improve PJ64 with the texture's as well. They load up fine, the problem I can't stand is the game stops for a few seconds, sorta like freeze, then resumes. I call it terrible loading times, and its unbelievable when I pause the game to bring up the status screen with the weapons, song notes, etc. It takes forever. Glide 64 doesn't have a problem, no terrible loading times, but the textures are quite messed up from the pictures I showed you. I might have to play around with the settings, but I don't know for which plugin though.

EDIT: Ok I messed around with a few settings in Glide 64, and I fixed it. Now some textures aren't loading, so i need to start messing around with it more.

72332990.png

The first picture is Rice Video, which looks fine, and the second is Glide 64. Would you say they look the same, duplicates, or something?

EDIT 2: Ok now my rice is completely messed up xD the skies still got that n64 look. I think I may of messed around with it to much. Im gonna try out 1964 emulator.

EDIT 3: My god, I'm really sorry for taking up so much room. Problems fixed that I didn't mention. Alright let me see why 1964 video plugin crashes and gives me that doubt Microsoft Visual C+++ message.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Certainly, I fixed the problem, but the forest problem at link's house I have no idea how to fix. Another problem I found on Glide64 using Pj64 is that if you try to end the emulation or anything like that, it crashes PJ64. Anyway's heres the screenshot, and never ever trust tile, cause it'll make the high resolution packs look like what V5 was before this recent release.

66681374.png

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

yeah, you're breaking texture alpha by forcing 16bpp textures.

the alpha bit requires 32 (24colour+8alpha) not to mention 16bpp textures introduce colour banding on NVDX10 hardware.

disable that, disable the texture pack then delete the cache files from the cache folder and reenable the texture pack.

Last edited:

xZabuzax

Another problem I found on Glide64 using Pj64 is that if you try to end the emulation or anything like that, it crashes PJ64.

I found that it happens when loading the V5 for the first time (also happened with V4), to fix the issue you have to end the emulator via F12 key (if you notice the red light in the computer is still blinking at this moment), then wait a couple of seconds, probably like 30-35 seconds and the red light will stop blinking. Then you can close the emulator normally and it will not crash. After that you can close the emulator normally and it will not crash anymore.

I suppose this issue happens because the emulator has not finished saving the texture cache to the hard disk? (hence the red light is still blinking when you end the emulator via F12, and usually stop blinking like 30 seconds later).

squall_leonhart

Correct, the Cache is not written until the next time you open the glide64 settings or exit project64 successfully, hence why theres so much memory used the first time you load the pack.

MasterGunz2345

I'm really confused here. I made a Cache folder in the plugin folder, and I see the emulator loading the textures, but I don't see any files in the Cache folder. Did I do something wrong?

As for the F12 key, well it does end the emulation, but it crashes anyways.

To be honest, which plugins do you guys use? I'm getting sick of using Glide64 and having to mess around with settings for hours, I might as well go back to Mudlord's Rice Video and deal with the terrible loading times.

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
Now that v5 is out you guys should just drop droid and go with someone who's actually competent.

Why don't you get the hell out? You haven't submitted anything to this pack other than your smart mouth. I haven't done anywhere near as much as some of the other guys, but I've submitted work before and I respect that D--D didn't have much time as I have practically zero between school, work, and my fiancee (as of a week ago).

We don't exist to wait on you hand and foot. And D--D especially doesn't. He got the job done and the pack out, amongst his other problems. If you wanna flame his hard work then you can leave.

MasterGunz2345

Why don't you get the hell out? You haven't submitted anything to this pack other than your smart mouth. I haven't done anywhere near as much as some of the other guys, but I've submitted work before and I respect that D--D didn't have much time as I have practically zero between school, work, and my fiancee (as of a week ago).

We don't exist to wait on you hand and foot. And D--D especially doesn't. He got the job done and the pack out, amongst his other problems. If you wanna flame his hard work then you can leave.

Finally somone can get that guy's mouth to shut up. I don't know why Hey Listen has a problem with D-D. So the V5 screwed up the first time, it's a mistake, big deal, don't we all make mistakes? Hey Listen if your gonna trash talk, this is not the thread. Good day sir.