What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.1.0-5.1.0d bug report thread

JohnnyA

I played a game of Mario Party 3 today, and I have a big report.

Some of the items you receive have these weird bar things attached to them when they are shown from the main game board.

Also, In some of the mini-games, it comes crawling to a stop and gets corrupted graphics after the winner is decided (when it shows the victory screen). Most notably is the duel game where you pick the right tunnels (you're riding a train).

Last but not least, the little guy with the die on his head shows the die as being white while on the main game board. It is actually blue and has a texture on it.

This is in DirectX mode.

Other than that, the game is a lot slower in full screen mode for some reason. All things said, the game runs great though. Didn't crash once, and is completely playable. Well done.

Yeah... and some split-screen minigames have the same problem as Mariokart64. Rice, you know what i refer to :) Also others has flickering (but not always, sometimes in the first in-minigame seconds, sometimes at the last seconds...).

More... i'm playing this game with 5.0.1 version cause 5.1.0 version causes missing graphics (as the tresaure chest in the player selection screen). That is.

Clements

I get slowdown in fullscreen with both PJ64 and 1964, so I have to skip frames/lower resolution even when playing simple games like SM64. PJ64 seems slightly faster in fullscreen for me (odd, that) Windowed mode is fullspeed in both 1964 and PJ64 with most games though.

ingonab

In DirectX mode, the plugin, as of 5.1.0, renders the first scene of Puyo Puyo Sun 64 with Linear Filtering even when "Force Texture Filter: Force Nearest Filter" is set.

There still appears to be an internal state problem. If I run Puyo Puyo Sun 64 once in OpenGL mode, all subsequent runs (whether in OpenGL or DirectX) will have a specific rendering error until I run a different game or restart 1964.

#3 (not recent)
Configuration panel bug: If I change the the "Render Engine" setting ("DirectX" or "OpenGL") using the scrollwheel or keyboard, the "Render Setting" pane isn't updated for the corresponding Engine. (use CBN_SELCHANGE instead of CBN_CLOSEUP?)

P

Pokemaniacs

Rice,

Seems like I'm getting the same application error for PJ64 using your plugin v5.1.0d, see attached, at the same instruction as Pokemon Puzzle League. This time is for Pokemon Stadium 2.

kookamunga

Paper Mario

I have a really strange problem with Paper Mario and the Rices Daedalus 5.1.0d pluggin. Ever since I attempted to run Dr. Mario, the pluggin has been acting strange. The Normal Combiner option will not stay selected, and now paper mario flickers for the intro pictures, and does not show the sprite layer when in the game, meaning all I get is the background. Before I ran Dr. Mario, Paper Mario was running perfectly (well, the best it gets among all pluggins) I dont know what could cause this, I've even scanned for viruses, and I'm not sure which registry setting enables normal combiner. It even auto selects when the game is ran, but the problem still exists.
I'm using
1964 0.8.5
-Rices Daedalus 5.1.0d
-Aizmers Audio 0.40 b2
-Nrage Input
- and the RSP dll
oh, and the settings for the RSP dll are set to send instructions to the audio and video pluggin as I usually have it

** I forgot to enter my Pluggin settings, screenshots below

Last edited:

Clements

You should change the Frame Update to 'At 1st CI Change' to solve some/all of those probs in Paper Mario.

kookamunga

Having it on at first cl change makes everything turn black. I dont get this, everything was working till I ran Dr. Mario for the first time

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
All right, I have to repeat my post from the original plugin thread, and then some.....
The plugin is all right (v.5.1.0d), save two immediate things I noticed:

1. Audio is mute in all the games I've played.....The audio plugin usually works fine otherwise...
Sound info:
Azimer's Old Audio v. .30
OEM SoundBlaster Live! Value (Live!Ware 3)

2. In Perfect Dark, the PD logo in the intro is an extremely dark purple color, and the weapons have a dark blue color to them.....

Clements

The audio problem is very weird indeed- I have it too with Mortal Kombat 4 using Direct X (with OpenGL sound works, very odd) in both PJ64 and 1964. You can hear just the sound effects but no music. Must be a DX conflict or something.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Everytime I go to fullscreen using any of Rice's plugins past 4.6.0, it is either slow, or the screen flickers. When I use direct x, it is really slow, but when I use opengl it just flickers while going at full screen. I have tried all of Rice's new plugins and it gives me the same results. If anyone can give me the best settings for my system specs, then I would be grateful.

kookamunga

I sort of solved my problem
although it runs slower now, if I deselect all the checkboxes for default game options, the game works fine, and it autoselects everything when its running. I Really dont understand the sudden change in activity after running a single rom, even after reinstalling my video drivers, deleting all n64 emu registry entries, and deletign the plugin and reinstalling it, the problems still existed... At least now I can continue using what seems to be the best video pluggin for n64 emu

Daphisto

I have the same problem when going full-screen... it just gets really choppy and the sound stutters. In windowed mode, it runs smooth as silk.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I had the same problem till 5.1.0.d. Works great for me now, full screen or windowed. I admit that for some reason if I change the plugin settings, it slows the whole thing down and trips out completely.

Rice, does your plugin use the registry at all, and if it does, could you either generate an uninstall file or let me know what keys to delete? I think it'd help.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Thanks Trotterwatch, that actually helped a lot, all the problems I was having with 5.0.1 went away after deleting the whole series of keys (460, 501, 510, etc)

Nasorean

Hello,

Rice excellent plug-in you have created. i recently tested with UHLE2064 and got some graphics with Mario 64; very impressive. but my message is not soley to praise your efforts but to make a suggestion.

Suggestion: Save settings in a bin file instead of the registry. This method could be helpful to some who are having problems with the plug-in and are unaware of registry setting and their influence.

A bin file could also could help development greatly by clearing any problems which may occur when registry entries clash.

Edited for clarity

Last edited: