What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.1.0-5.1.0d bug report thread

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It won't work for many issues, but for some issues.

Other options you want to try in 3D Analyse.

emulate bump map caps - this one is important
emulate other DX8.1 caps
emulate max. sim. textures

Rice

Trotterwatch

I'm going to get myself a Nvidia tweak utility to see if I can isolate any of these problems by disabling/changing some features. Long shot but worth a try.

Excellent plugin though Rice!

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Please try the updated version 5.1.0d to see if it solves the software TnL problem. I am setting a flag to force Directx to use software T&L now.

Trotterwatch

Just gave it a quick try, the results are:

Knockout Kings - glitches like usual :(
South Park Rally - Depth prob solved
Legend of Zelda - Seemed to have less glitches in the intro, at least I never noticed anything near the same level of glitches

So all in all forcing it to choose Software T&L for certain users seems like a wise decision.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Does it give the same result as you were using 3D Analyse with Force Software TnL option on with the 5.1.0c? (Does the flag setting in DirectX work the same way as setting the option on in 3D Analyse?)

Trotterwatch

It doesn't have the same effect for me. My main frame of reference is Knockout Kings which exhibits disappearing textures etc without 3D Analyse (with only Force SW T&L checked). So it seems that 3D Analyse does do something else, what that is I haven't a clue.

But as I said in the last post Zelda seems to exhibit less flashing of textures with this new build.

EDIT: Zelda definately has less flickering with the new build (compared to the last build, and the last build with a variety of 3D Analyse settings ticked)

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You should compare the new build to 5.1.0c with 3D Analyse with only the Force Software TnL option on, not other options on.

Trotterwatch

I did compare it with that :) Basically I've compared everything, but I'll recompare it once more just for total clarification.

The Zelda issue is doing my head in, after a reboot of my machine I can't make it happen with version C (definately using ver C) unless I use 3D Analyse (then the flickering is present). I know earlier that the flickering definately existed without the intervention of 3D Analyse > I haven't changed settings in your plugin either - leaving everything at default.

The other results are the same. It seems like even though I kept everything controlled (software etc) when doing the tests, there have been some inconsistencies in the results. I would really like to see some other GF 3 or above users chipping in with their testing results.

This issue at the moment isn't a major one (the workarounds are decent enough). Though undeniably it'd be nice to get it fixed - but it's probably going to be incredibly hard (near impossible) to do so without having access to a GF3 or above graphics card.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I can confirm between my work system which has a GF4 MX440 and my home system GF4 ti4200, both look the same in everygame I have tried now with 5.1.0d !!!! :)

It has always been consistant that my work box with the MX card always had a "better" look to all games. While my home system would exhibit "oddities". For example Mario Golf, MX card had green grass while the TI always had white. Mario 64, MX card looked fine everywhere, TI card kept hiding number of lives and coins behind the background in game. There are more I could reference, but it's alot of the same.

Way to go Rice!!! I am so glad you decided to try this D version. When I saw your post earlier today about sticking to simply your current card type I was quite saddened, but I also understand the reasoning.

Thank you again for all the great work you do for N64 emulation. You truely are a great programmer.

Last edited:

IS101

<quote from someone else>

beleve it or not Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh (J) is now workink for the first time in emulation64 horay thank you rice you make my day good but its very slow when jump but its working

</end quote>

yes, its true!......to do a bug report on bangai-O for all the Treasure fans ;)

Much better now, background, main sprites etc all visible, but still not fully playable due to following:

Main Problems:
[1] huge amounts of stuttering when trying to scroll around the playing area. sometimes whole screen freezes up completely and stops scrolling for 1/2 seconds. This stuttering means the game is still not really enjoyable/playable.

[2]black lines across main pictures/menus (very obvious on all frontend menus/movies)

[3] related to stuttering [?], certain elements of the background flickers on/off.

still,this is a massive improvement, keep up the good work please! :)

tested:
1964_085:

athlon 2100+, geforce 4 ti4200 128mb with 41.09 drivers
direct x 9.0
512 MB RAM

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Perfect Dark gives me an error message after playing it for about 2 minutes a KERNEL32.dll error. Could it be the plugin configurations.

P

Pokemaniacs

The new 5.1.0d is great. 3D Analyse no longer required for my Radeon 9700 TX. Thanks

For Pokemon Puzzle League, run at 60fps until actual play starts and it drops to 1-4fps. :D

WinXP SP1
P4 2.66Ghz
256MB DDR Ram
128MB ATI Radeon 9700 TX
SoundBlaster Live!
DirectX9.0a

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
I bet you need to disable N64 frame buffer emu for this game. Change the option when the game is running.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I upgraded to my Radeon 9000pro yesterday and tried with your plugin, mario64 explodes with high end combiner as you can see in this screenshot :sp_canada

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Rice i have a bug to report:
In tony hawks 1 after you play it for a while (it looks good) all the textures just go!
i can provide a screeny if u want.

Oh yeah thanks again for the speed increase!

hey its my 100th post. A minute silence plz.............

Last edited:
P

Pokemaniacs

Rice,

I forgot to mention that I am running the game with FrameBuffer disabled. see attached. The fps simply drop from 60 quickly and fluctuate between 2-7fps.

When I tried to stop 1964, it gives another error, see attached.