What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.1.0-5.1.0d bug report thread

Hey Rice!

First thanks by your reply, but I already had disabled it.

POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE (E) [!]
[Direct-X Geforce or better, defaults]
I've noticed a VERY WEIRD THING in that game... Do you remember boxes i've told you? They can't dissapear -I've tried lotta options- but you reset the emulation when you are in-game... if you do it, after reset boxes aren't shown and menu looks so great as in 5.0.1 version. However the weird brown boxes don't dissappear (I have disabled normal combiner and now that two big white boxes don't appear, but now all is a great brown box)... yeah, if you remember in version 5.0.1 Ash and Gary pics plus all 6 Pokémon pictures were shown almost correctly, but now... :\ Also, in-game, behind pieces and semitransparent box should be a picture of the player but there is shown nothing (simply stadium background).
[OpenGL Geforce or better, defaults]
No boxes reset problem. When in argument (pokemon choose screen) no pics are shown (instead brown boxes there is NOTHING). In-game is the same.
[OpenGL 1.1, defaults]
No boxes reset problem. Black boxes in arguments, then black boxes and white boxes for Gary and Ash when selecting Pokémon. In-game is the same.

MARIO KART 64 (E) (1.0) [!]
[Direct-X Geforce or better, Defaults]
See screenshot

MARIO PARTY 3 (E) [!]
[Direct-X Geforce or better, Defaults, Frameskipping]
Continues frameskipping-flickering problem, plus other problems (missing cases in load game screen)...

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Good work Rice! And thanx!Your plugin is excellent.

Here's a minor bug report (Paper Mario):

* Attachment 1: With Framebuffer Emulation set to Disabled, Mario appears black in the Pipe Area.

* Attachment 2: If Framebuffer is set to Complete those textures get
corrected, but menus and other graphics appear very slowly, and the emulator tends to crash. Is it possible to set Framebuffer to something like "Complete only on first Framebuffer call" or something similar? Since that is the only part where Complete Framebuffer emulaton seems to be required, and only when that stage is loaded (if i change back buffer emu to Disabled when Mario appears with the correct texture everything seems to be fine)

* Attachment 3: In the same pipe area, there several textures that appear incorrectly (look attachment 2). This last attchment show how they should look like (they appear correctly when Normal blender is Enabled, but that messes other textures)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I play none of these games full screen:

DKR is unplayable in this release,every time i play it in single player mode soon the entire game loses its textures, and when it is working, poligons seem to appear from nowhere :p

Banjo tooie is unplayable (well half) because the textures are completely screwed up for alot of things, look at world 1 for an example

now i have some positive feedback:
(if you can get past f-zeros relentless slowdown before this part)
Woah, check out the colors on the Car selection screen on F-Zero X.. they're perfect! ingame they aren't however, but it shows progress.

I haven't noticed that much of a speed increase, maybe its because of my speedy processor...

Last edited:

PistolGrip

Ok well besides DirectX not working well at all (games run but have a lot of missing textures and a few missing polygons) I have taken a screenshot of a few PilotWings thing. The first screenshot is of missing textures and incorrectly colored "target circles". They should be RED and WHITE

I think the second screenshot's problems are frame buffer related.

Both are using OPENGL btw with default settings. But they both occur in DirectX also.

PistolGrip

In this screenshot you can see some blur style effect on the rings (is this the same on the real Pilotwings? I do not remember it) but in the background you can see the sky coming through the hills, like the hills are transparent. Frame Buffer problems?

On the earlier levels the blurryness only occurs when you quickly swing around the view but in the later levels in Pilotwings it starts to blur on a lot of things, even with little movement, all the time making the graphics seem very blurry overall.

Another thing, the 2d parts of Pilotwings, menus and such seem to be a lot slower than the rest of game, I guess this is somewhat related to the 2d slowdowns in FZERO-X also.

Last edited:

PistolGrip

I took two screenshots, one of the TARGET CIRCLES from a distance, as can be seen it is shown correctly. Get a bit closer to the target and it loses the red texture. If you go further away from the circle again it regains its texture. A perspective mapping problem maybe?

Trotterwatch

Before and After :)
In Knockout Kings 2000 as well as several others I have experienced problems with textures not loading in correctly. An example is the floor ring texture in Knockout Kings - I have fixed this problem.

Using 3D Analyse I simply forced Software T&L and ran 1964 through 3D Analyse - as a result the texture glitch has disappeared and the game seems to be running pretty much perfect. This has also fixed problems with South Park Rally - originally for me it displayed identical problems to Jabos D3D 1.4 (depth issues).

Last edited:

NeoNight

oh wow hey :afro: where did you get that program?? and can u show a pic of southpark rallly? and whats your specs? :bunny: :sombrero:

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I got the program from here: http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html

South Park Rally screenshot is attached - from what I checked though South Park Rally didn't work correctly (same depth issue) in PJ64, though I would have to test it further to confirm that. Also the plugin seems to work ever so slightly faster in PJ64 than 1964 (fullscreen), again I would need to test further to confirm that (could be a setting issue somewhere).

As you will be able to see South Park Rally is not perfect in this plugin but it is fast, and it is close. Glide64 and Jabos 1.2 are still the plugins of choice just for the moment anyway for this game.

My system specs btw are in my profile :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Great work on the plugin, Rice, but I still seem to have troubles...
First, tripple buffer causes major flickering. And I sense that some settings is causing major slowdown (emulation isn't even full speed!) on my specs.

Screenshot and config below.

EDIT: And as to the system specs hack is gone, I might say I got a fast processor and a GeForce4 Ti4200.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Doom, try using the fix I have outlined in my above posts - I have a GF3 which is to all intents and purposes the same as a GF4 (for emulation). 3D Analyse and either forcing software T&L or Emulating D3D Caps makes it work faster and with much less glitches :)

Edit:

Just checked out what you posted Doom, and there does seem to be several glitches that I have been unable to fix - having said that there were a few settings that lessened them but nothing that fixed it totally.

Last edited:

Doomulation

Hmm yes, I could try :)
I'll let Rice figure out those problems and hopefully solve them sometime! :D

Edit -

Btw, erm, I can't find any of those options in this 3d analyzer...am I using wrong version or what?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I'm using 2.16a which I got from the link I posted above. The option is entitled:

Force SW T&L

alternatively

Enable HW T&L Caps
(this below one may be needed)
Emulate other DX 8.1 caps

Doomulation

I suppose you just tick those, choose the emu and hits run? Because doing this, I don't see much diffrence...unfortunaly.
And the issues are there, still, too. But as you said, some of they won't dissappear...so...well...

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
3D Analyse really makes differences even on my office Rage 128.

I post two shots. The first one is running without 3D Analyse, and the 2nd one is running with it and a few options on.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Shots for Duke 64. Again, the 1st one is without 3D analyse, and 2nd one is with it.