What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.1.0-5.1.0d bug report thread

Rice

Emulator Developer
Rice Daedalus 5.1.0 bug report thread

Most reported problems for 5.0.0/5.0.1 are fixed. (Of course not all of them.)

There is NO improvement of N64 frame buffer related problems.
There is almost NO improvement of combiner compatibility problems with DirectX low-end or OpenGL 1.1. (Don't expect too much with your low-end video card)

Other than the known problem, there are big improvements, especially the speed increase.

NeoNight

did you try coding with pixel shaders? (though only latest cards support it) there is a thread in the nemu board talkin about them. Lemmy showed a pic with the work hes done using pixelshader 1.1 or something...

Clements

Nice one Rice! I can see you've fixed many bugs;

SM64: Pause issue/black screen fixed, Stars in Level select fixed!

CBFD: Much better. Graphics are good, just some of the textures are white.

Super Smash Bros: Characters fixed

Wetrix: Fantastic! Better than any plugin!

MK4: Energy bars fixed

DKR: Skidmarks are present!

Doom 64: Graphics are dark?

Quest 64: Brightness issue fixed, but the character's colours are wrong (glNintendo64 and Glide have it right, Jabos has it wrong for reference)

OoT: Flame effect present (although not quite right)

Perfect Dark: There's some sort of problem which causes the polygons to appear to crash down on you.

Yoshi's Story: Many elements appear fixed but there is motion blur.

I have an Odd problem, when I go fullscreen all the polygons turn white. Not sure if that's just me.
Edit: It appears fullscreen is broken in both PJ64 and 1964 for me for all games :bye3:

I can see that the previous bug report thread really did help you fix some issues. Great work Rice!

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
3 notes: Starfox 64 looks AWESOME, only problem is the mission opening text looks BRIGHT white, not sure why. The mission complete notes are working, however. (1964, directx)

Pilotwings however, is trashed. I'll post a SS as soon as I figure out how. It's only messed up in directX, works great open GL. I don't know what happened, but 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 both go 30fps in super smash, 5.1.0 goes the full 60. ( I have limiting turned on, otherwise paper mario runs at 120 v/i a sec)
Supersmash looks awesome, only problem is the light thing at the top, it just stays red the whole time. Note that this is all in PJ, 1964 seems to have some core issues which prevent it from displaying the oponents in the match opening screen and the difficulty/life adjustment in player selection.

gonna retry starfox in pj, since I know it tends to work better there. In PJ, openGL, it looks ok, There's some wierd fade action on the dialog boxes at the beginning, and none at all on some. It's rather frustrating. I'll just use directX on that for now. Looking absolutly fabulous, and the speed thing is making my life 100000% better.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
it fixes some issues, but creates new ones.

Dkr, fine for a minute, but then everything turned white
Dkr again; now in game after the whiteness its pretty much textureless

bt: transparent ground, and there is alot of it
bt again: warp pad transparent
bt yet again: showing off transparent ground :luck:

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Ok i think there is a bug that if you go to fullscreen things turn white.
I am having the same problem that ppl are reporting.

All these bugs i now report are in direct x and only in windowed mode (didnt go out from fullscreen as things still appear white)

Also some things dont appear anymore. In yoshis story (i always test with this game dunno why thou dont like it :p) the hand to select options dosent appear and the background is screwed now.

But i must say you wanted to make it fast and its bloody quick now!
I guess speed is off the list for things to be done :drool:

Last edited:

Knuckles

Same for me, almost everything turns in withe when switching to full screen.

But speed really increased! good work, but that's really bad for all thoses fixes who added problems at other places :(

but keep working on it!

:party:

Last edited:

JohnnyA

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but is there some way in Mario Kart 64, on the first board, Luigi's Raceway, to get the video monitor thingee (when you go into the tunnel) to work? I haven't seen a plug-in yet that emulates this, but maybe I'm just not setting something up right.

A few other things I noticed when playing: there is a bar of junk right below the nintendo logo on the title screen. Also, the characters faces on the character select screen seem like they are blinking their eyes like crazy... very odd (edit: turning off fast textures fixes this). And, finally, the balloons that are released at the beginning of the race in Luigi's Raceway are all blue in OpenGl mode, but are normally multicolored in DirectX mode.

More testing to come...

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I heard that it's a frame buffer issue, and there's some specific mode to fix it. Do a search, it's in the deep archives somewhere.

yuan

Jabo D3D6 v1.5 plug-in supper frame buffer emulation. This is only plugin support TV monitor in Mario Kart 64 as far as I known.

R

rico001

win98se?

can anyone else get this plugin to work under windows98se with nvidia what driver version are you using

EDIT : The new official nividia drivers fixed the problem,
4523, I think

www.3dchipset.com

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Ok Rice, I got your latest plugin, installed it, tried running Pokemon Puzzle Leauge, the emulation starts, the FPS Meter ticks, then in about 2 seconds PJ 64 closes all together, do i HAVE to use 1964 for this one to work?

Edit: Also, I got Dr. Mario 64 running at full speed, but the back ground graphics are screwed up now, and you cant see the falling pieces, wen I switched back to 5.0.1 it works though.

Also, in 1964, i got PPL running at 17 FPS, the in game graphics were completely messed up. and it was way to slow.

Running:
P4 2.2 gigahertz
512 megs DDR
Nvidia GeForce 4 mx 440 64meg

on

1964 0.8.5
Rice's Dedalus 5.1.0
Azmiers audio v 0.40 beta 2
Nrages direct input8 v2 i.82a

What's the problem here? not like im running a dinosaur of a machine.

[Running 5.1.0b...]

Hi Rice!!

Thks!!! Now Wetrix runs very well!! (I have never seen another plugin that showed OK the game text). I love you!! (oh no, i've said it again!!) Also, I notice the speed increase!! You're the best. :D :D

:sp_canada But as always... I have some bug reports...

- Wetrix: See screenshots (sorry if i repeat it again, but now i show it more clearly with original N64 screenshots, sorry sorry and very very sorry)

- Yoshi's Story: Crashed again... With Direct-X combiner no selection hand is shown and the, in-game, black backgrounds...
with OpenGL 1.1 combiner menu selection hand is not shown, but a yellow box. In-game and yoshi selection screen sprites are totally white... if I enable Normal combiner it fixes, but menu isn't shown correctly this way. Black background too with OpenGL (but in 5.0.1 version I could see it! (yes, scroll buggy but i could :(). If you want the screenshots tell it to me (there are too much screenshots to shown)

- Ep1 Racer - Same as before...

- Smash Bros. - Pikachu ears... (intro, in-game too)

- Pokemon Puzzle - Wow!! Now this game is shown correctly in-game!! (but veery sloooooooow, about 5fps). Otherwise, menus have now white boxes, black boxes, boxes and more boxes... but there are good news ^^.

I'll report some more later, now I have to go sorry!

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Ok, sorry about the short rant earlier, but i can verify the same PPL problems, I also have no in game graphics on Wetrix, but Kudos, the credits and menu look awsome. and, when switch to Fullscreen in SSB, all my pixels but a few go white, making it unplayable, this and the last bugs were all tried in both OpenGL and Direct X causing the same problems.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
- Pokemon Puzzle - Wow!! Now this game is shown correctly in-game!! (but veery sloooooooow, about 5fps). Otherwise, menus have now white boxes, black boxes, boxes and more boxes... but there are good news ^^.

I guess you need to disable "N64 frame buffer emu" for this game. Change the option when you are running the game. It will then speed up. Its N64 frame buffer effects are not emulated anyway.

R

rico001

can't be read

I have a PII MMX processor. Your plugin cannot be red

Clements

Wow, 5.1.0b fixes even more stuff like the white fullscreen! This makes it one of the most if not the most compatible plugins- every game I have works inc. the difficult ones! As usual I use the default Direct X options, here are some issues I found:

Bomberman 64: The intro is not right (missing lots of stuff), but no plugin has managed this problem yet. The Gold Cards in the level select are not shiny.

Resident Evil 2: There is flickering and the frame rate is low (even with the frameskip)

TWINE: No textures?

Banjo-Tooie: House window textures are wrong

Perfect Dark: Lots of little things (apart from the polygon crashing I already mentioned) The three elements to the intro are dark. The perfect menu headers are red/orange and should be blue, and there is just black where an effect that is like a blue blur should be, no plugin has this right. (Found a nice pic on Google to show what it should look like)