What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

Nin_10_Dough

I was thinking this was the most heartless April fools joke ever, but I was wrong!

Glad to see another release of this great emulator :pj64:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The Gamefaq seems way out of date,

[positive] F-Zero X's car colors seem correct to me
[negative] Yoshi's Story is not mentioned and is totally screwed in the directx8 plugin.

-Shadow-

Banned
And I thought it's an april fool's joke :D

Seriously, this is awesome and one of the last things i've expected to happen :p

Nin_10_Dough

After a little more testing it seems it puts MORE strain on the system. I can't get a decent frame rate in most games( I know you are looking at my lame specs, but I can get 60fps with allot of games in the 1.5 version ).

btw, any plans on a netplay feature (official) or a movie recorder?

Last edited:

minkster

HOLY SHIT! Wow that is truly awesome. I'm glad to see the PJ64 team alive and kickin. Very nice release! :D

Trotterwatch

Nin_10_Dough said:
After a little more testing it seems it puts MORE strain on the system. I can't get a decent frame rate in most games( I know you are looking at my lame specs, but I can get 60fps with allot of games in the 1.5 version ).

btw, any plans on a netplay feature (official) or a movie recorder?

May be worth see if turning on D3D Transformation Pipeline in Jabo's plugin helps any. Occassionally that will increase the speed of some games (can also cause issues).

Trotterwatch

I don't think so, try another plugin. Please keep in mind this emulator is not perfect Olivieryuyu :) It is however as perfect as time constraints allowed.

I'll check out Battlezone, I feel this may be one we missed from the .rdb, I'll see if there is anything though.

/putting it on 4meg in the .rdb makes it near perfect, albeit with 1 glitch accross the screen (and it's a little slow).

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Awesome.

Totally perfect timing, too. You guys really rocked the hous this time. Great to see you guys are all still alive (but where's smiff? :()! :)

:pj64:

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

ScottJC said:

[negative] Yoshi's Story is not mentioned and is totally screwed in the directx8 plugin.

I can clarify both points:

The first one is still there for legacy cards that do not meet minimum requirements.

Yoshi's Story wasn't mentioned because the last beta it was tested in it worked perfectly. Please keep in mind that there were very few people testing things, to test all of the games with a rapidly moving plugin was very tough.

So it's not really a case of the GameFaq being badly written. The first point is a non-issue, and the 2nd point is something that to all intents and purposes was a freak thing.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
ScottJC said:

Ok f-zero was left in as i didnt know what the hell x's car was :) that and wipeout games are smiffs bag im an aerogauge man :p
As for yoshi erm :blush: thats one that sneaked in at the last min it seems but easily solved: go to Options\Configure Graphics Plugin and disable Hide Advanced Settings and press Apply. You will now see two new tabs avalible and go straight to Rom Settings tab. In the Emulatated Width Field write 320 and in the Emulated Height field write 240 like the picture below and then click Apply and Ok to close the dialog. and you will have a perfect res without the left hand res battle ok ? :)

pacers7isback

Zelda dominator
the most famous cameos looking better than ever. still cant get over the looks of 1.6

by the way, its only fuzzy because my computer wont save screenshots from project64 because of "security reasons" so i have to convert it from bitmap to gif

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nice gent, that fixes the big bug anyway. I didn't really need the instructions that specific but others will find it handy.

2 small minor ones left, the life counter is not correct, it will only go up to 4 petals, i remember there being 8 to be honest.

Some dialog's are wrong, for instance the one in my shot, it is supposed to have a green background.

Still Minor bugs and don't prevent anyone from playing the game. Nothing's perfect, I never really liked Yoshi's story anyway. :D

*goes back to playing DK64*

And now for a positive remark! (I like to have a balance of positive/negative), PJ64 1.6 is far more good than bad despite my "bug reports";

Star Fox 64 is no longer slow here (With the Direct3d8 1.6 plugin):

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Wipeout 64 doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, although the gamefaq says when the ship takes damage access violations can happen, I deliberately let this happen and video seemed fine to me. :p

Trotterwatch

Yeah a few of the things were kept in as failsafes - just in case it happened. If this is tested totally and it still doesn't happen, then it can be removed. Just a case of 'what if' the thing is still there, albeit in some vastly reduced form.

Saftey first I guess :)

ScottJC, is there any issue with the Wipeout sky for you? My guess is no, but it'll be interesting to find out. If there is, it's an easy fix.

Last edited:

Nathanew

3 Bug and Strange beheavior

In Zelda: OOT my little man in inventory (where you choose his arm and tunics) display a white square and the brown soil is white

In Majora's mask, when it is a cutscene like the intro when you load the rom (the mask) it appear on one and other

(See image attached)

In Majora's mask, when you try to remeber Zelda, it dosen't display the movie (White screen)