What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

Poobah

Project64 1.6 seems to crash sometimes when I 'end emulation' or press F12. I'm happy to see Conker's Bad Fur Day running pretty-much 100%.

Now all we need is Azimer's new audio plugin :).

EDIT: To the above post, the 'displaying the mask one on top of the other' is supposed to look like motion blur, and it does look quite cool. It's intentional.

Trotterwatch said:
To save pictures from PJ64, hit F3 (ensure Antialising is off).

Why does anti-aliasing have to be off?

EDIT: Ok, here are some things I'd like to see in Project64:
-A 'use 16:9 ratio' option in the ROM settings part of Jabo's video plugin so that you could always leave it in a widescreen resolution, and 4:3 games would simply be centred.
-Independent plugin settings for each ROM, like in 1964.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathanew

(quote)EDIT: To the above post, the 'displaying the mask one on top of the other' is supposed to look like motion blur, and it does look quite cool. It's intentional.(/quote)

Does it happen in the original and how I can disable it (the motion blur)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nathanew that's called Motion Blur that is normal and how it is supposed to be. The original has this. You can disable it by using other plugins, but I don't know why you'd want to though.

Trotter, the sky is there yeah, sometimes i see black squares but they don't last long, not really that noticable.

Last edited:

Poobah

Yes, it happens in the original. I'm not sure how you can disable it. Why do you want to disable it?

SubDrag

Wow, I'm shocked and excited. Is there any way to overclock? I thought it was F4 previously, didn't seem to do it here.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
there is no overclock there is only limit fps, make sure hide advanced settings is disabled in options.

Trotterwatch

ScottJC said:
Nathanew that's called Motion Blur that is normal and how it is supposed to be. The original has this. You can disable it by using other plugins, but I don't know why you'd want to though.

Trotter, the sky is there yeah, sometimes i see black squares but they don't last long, not really that noticable.

Ah, for the sky if it ever bothered you, you could try the Force D3D Transformation pipeline which fixes it.

Poobah said:
Why does anti-aliasing have to be off?

Because it does - that's all. I suppose having AA on must have interferred with the specific method in which the 'F3' screenshot button functioned.

You can always use Alt+print screen as an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trotterwatch

Probably a graphics card thing - for me it doesn't work. May need PS 2.0 to take screenshots with AA enabled.

/edit

Yes was reported as an issue taking screenshots with AA enabled, works on some cards, not on others. Checking a workaround out.

Works with AA forced in card settings.... anyways it's not a major issue and shouldn't affect most people.

Last edited:

KyJelly

2 player dr. mario is still buggy with jabo 1.6, do rice 6.1.1 or the direct64 plugin work?.

great release guys.

krak

Thanks !!!!! PJ64 TEAM

Thanks !!!!! PJ64 TEAM

Snow Board Kids 2 - 2 players - 60 FPS on my Sempron 2000-128RAM WOW !!!

(before - 1 player - 45 FPS)

ViceVirtue

That is excellent news, thank you so much PJ64 team!
Keep up the good work! I wonder when it will be ported to the xbox (surreal 64)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
In Perfect Dark (U) version 1.1, there is a big black square at the bottom of the picture, I fixed this by making the emulated width and height 320 x 220;

Or alternatively in game options set high-res on. you can't do this if you did the above. its screwy.

Greevy

Resident Emusician
/me luvs zilmar and Jabo.

Awesome work guys. What about the source code ?
Do you plan on releasing it ?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Another thing I have discovered, 1964 and the new jabo plugin, 1964's toolbar covers up the top part of the picture. You can always use full-screen though.

Last edited:

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
whee!!! Pokemon snap is almost perfect!!!! Just that freakin preview of the pic is screwed up. Thanks PJ64 people!!!! I'm sure everyone is greatful -- I am.

>neospy

like my new siggy??

Trotterwatch

The preview of the pic should work if you enable the Framebuffer (copy to RDRam). You need to select a picture first, then exit the picture - they should all be visible from then on.

Hal

Bartman
Anyone else get a white flicker while using the ZeldaOOt subscrene?
It happens when I first press start and went I change Link's equipment

Extreme184X

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
Some testings with Default plugins -

Hydro Thunder: (Bug)
Audio almost perfect, Audio disappears randomly.

Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask:(Bug)
Right before you go to the next day;instead of getting black screen issue like in v1.5sp1, the screen turns smaller as the hear the bells ring 3 times, then goes back to normal when you begin the next day.

NBA Showtime:(Bugs):
says it runs at 60 FPS but the game looks like its running slow.
Also Audio disappears randomly

Resident Evil 2:(Bugs)
Screen not centered, still some minor graphic issues, Can't hear Characters Talk, can't see any CG Movie and doesn't the game doesn't seem to boot with any other video plugins(which did work in v1.5sp1)