What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
...so much blood will be spilt if this is a joke...

edit: omgomgomgomg!

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
There's a problem, at least with my GeForce 4 Ti4200 video card, if I don't check the option "Use legacy pixel pipeline", in Goldeneye 007, it will slowdown when facing some objects and the gun will start blinking!

Huh? I dunno what the cause is.

Also, in Goldeneye 007, the sky is still missing.

Believe it or not, Jabo, if you're here, with version 1.2, possibly also versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.3 of your GFX plugin, the sky did appear.

Ever since 1.4, *always* black for the sky in the Dam level! (The first level in Goldeneye 007)

Thus currently, the only GFX plugin that don't have the missing sky bug, except for version 1.2 (or any version pre-1.4) of your GFX plugin is Rice's video plugin.

Trotterwatch

I'll test Goldeneye now to see if anything is up here. The old plugins achieved the sky effect by way of a hack btw, which is why it isn't present in the newer versions.

Just a quick test of Goldeneye I noticed no issues. The problem could just be drivers, I notice Nvidia drivers are usually quite sensitive and will cause issues now and then. If the legacy combiner fixes it then it's no major deal :)

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

Clements said:
Testing the new plugins as we speak, I'm seeing stuff that I've only seen working with the new Jabo's such as the Vigilante 8 title screen, and also, a lot of the Perfect Dark effects like the lens effects and Night Vision are working properly and at fullspeed, Super Smash Bros. shields/fireballs and off-screen notifier are all correct, Diddy Kong Racing has skidmarks, Quest64's main character is now the right colours, Blast corps is no longer crazy fast, Mario Golf perfect with 60/60 fps, Episode Racer and CBFD no longer have clipping issues... list goes on!

It looks like Jabo's plugin has hi-res frame buffer emulation now like Direct64/glN64/Glide64 too with hi-res Link picture and hi-res Banjo-Kazooie subscreen - very nice! My favourite enhancement of all is that the Subscreen delay in Zelda is fixed! Great job. :D

hmm how do you get coronas in Perfect Dark ?

i don't have them :(

Clements

olivieryuyu said:
hmm how do you get coronas in Perfect Dark ?

i don't have them :(

The very latest Direct64 shows them a bit before the menu appears and before the game totally glitches up, take a look:

CKemu

Amazing, simply amazing, I thought I smelt an April Fools joke, but iinstead it's a heavenly moment of playing ye oldie N64 games. Just been playing The World is Not Enough Spot on graphics, spot on sound :D :D :bouncy: :bouncy: :icecream: :party:

ChaosBlade

My Heart Chose.. Revenge.
Great release, im really surprised.

Nice to see this project is still alive, thanks for the hard work by zilmar and jabo (and possibly everyone else who worked on any version of pj64 ?) :)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
ggab said:
OMG ! unbeliveable!!!!!!! This is a super release

great to see PJ64's team in action again!

but i CAN'T find the download link, both
pj64_1_6.exe @ www.smiff.clara.net ?
&
pj64_1_6.exe @ www.pj64.net ?

maybe too many requests to the download page... because i can see only the v1.5 (and previous) download links

EDIT: i found it :) :
http://www.emufanatics.com/files/info/204/ (setup Project64 1.6.exe 2mb)

Its avalible and very active for download when you click on the downloads link on the navigation, its also avalible on www.pj64cheats.net downlaods section.

winfy

Great! ;)

Pokemon Snap works without my Controllerfix!
You should use Jabos Direct3D8 v1.6 Videoplugin + "Copy Framebuffer to RDRam" to see all your Pokemons at the end of a level.
The Pokemon Detection+Calculation of the points at the end of a level works perfect for me.

EDIT: Ah ok I should read the GameFAQ ;)

cu winfy

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Guardian
This is really a fantastic release... I couldn't believe my eyes. So, they are still on it after these years :)

olivieryuyu

GT 64 - Championship Edition

need CF=2 and it does not hangs

:)

PS: problem: the gfx are now glitching with this :(
PS: works perfect with CF=2 with glide64 with real voodoo

Last edited:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ok im really confused. is this a massive april fools joke or is this for real?? cos there's no link to 1.6 on the homepage