What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

FAR

First Person Shooter
Paper Mario works perfectly (no flickering at all!), except that when the "prologue" kind of screens come in (at the beginning of the chapters) the background is black, and the "prologue" text is wierd.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Wow, this is a big surprise, looks like nobody expected that!!!! :bouncy:
Great work guys! Nice to see you in action again! :)

dixon

white trash , whore
I remember that Xmas day so many years so, so fondly. Kick ass. Good to see you and Jabo, and Gent :)p) are all alive and well!

emu4ever

UNbeliveble!!, GREAT release :bouncy: , Amazing

edit:

A Big Thanks Goes to Project64 Team and Testers, And A big Thanls goes to Clements and Rice, coz Celements tryed to keep up pj64 secene alive :bouncy: and Rice For making nice plugin of course but also coz He done as best as he can to Keep the N64 emulation Scene alive, Thank again

Yours,

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
dixon said:
I remember that Xmas day so many years so, so fondly. Kick ass. Good to see you and Jabo, and Gent :)p) are all alive and well!
Aye, this is almost as good. Yet to try it yet, but I remember getting 1.4 back then and it took my breath away. 1.6 may do the same. :party:

th3l3fty

Does 1.6 fix that "failed to allocate memory" bug? I HATED that glitch!

EDIT: I have just checked out version 1.6 and the glitch is gone. :happy: Let's hope it's gone for everyone!

Last edited:

Clements

th3l3fty said:
Does 1.6 fix that "failed to allocate memory" bug? I HATED that glitch!

I guess it does:

R4300i core and executable

- support for rumble enabled controller plugins
- marked some memory allocations with execute flag
- game fixes for DK64, Hydro Thunder, etc
- enable perm cheats
- fixed gui issues
- reduced memory usage

We'll soon know when the bug stops being reported.

WildSOfT

emu-holic
Amazing!!!

Didn't even dream about this release! Unbelievable!

Congratulations all the team on this release!!! :party:

dazey238

I don't post much but WOW WOW WOW - thought you were all done and dusted and then you go and blow us all away all over again. The surprise factor was immense too - doing it on April 1st to make us all think 'is it real'? OK I'm probably overstating this all a bit now (I have a life, honest)

But I think I probably speak for everyone when I say thank you so SO much for this release + finding the time/motivation/energy to keep going with Project64, and keeping it all free! What with this and Rice's new Hi-Res addition to his plugin, I reckon the N64 emulation scene is buoyant. I wanna donate - is the info on the donate page still relevant?