What's new

1964 0.8.3 User Feedback

zorbid

One more (little) thing :

The "link" to download plugins is broken, in the plugins "setup plugins" window.

Martin

Administrator
The 1964 website is run from my own connection (max speed 1MB/s up and down) since the server was taking a beating. It's just a temporary solution and it will be back on the Emu64 server later today.

That's why the "setup plugins" isn't working. The link isn't wrong, but since the domain 1964emu.emulation64.com points to my own IP it's not currently working. No worries though, it'll work soon. Here's a direct link:

http://www.emulation64.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=5

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
Not a bug, rather a feature request, but the dividers in the rom browser never stay in the last position you put them in when restarting the exe

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I don't have any problems with 0.8.3a. I get overall crappy performance with some plugins but that's just my outdated PC struggling...

zorbid

Good news, bad news

Good news : 1964 is faster than ever :) + it is the first emu (for what I know) to display the N64 logo in RR64.

Bad news some skies are fux0red. In 1080, and sometimes in PD.

zorbid

Indeed.

What is strange is that it apears only in my session. I've tried it in my brother's, and it's ok. Weird.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
video drivers maybe, or a application running in hte background that has preset color settings, ect

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Re: Good news, bad news

zorbid said:
Good news : 1964 is faster than ever :) + it is the first emu (for what I know) to display the N64 logo in RR64.

Bad news some skies are fux0red. In 1080, and sometimes in PD.

i could be wrong, but that looks like u hav normal blending on in Jabo's Plugin, similar thing happened to me.

MonolithTyriss

Issues on Zelda.. wonder if any1 else has it?

Hi there. I just got the new 1964 emu. Seems to work great. I don't get a lot of those rom-browser crashes everyone mentioned, even before the patch was out. Now however, I have a problem, an I can't be sure what's causing it. Zelda- Ocarnia of Time is the game. For one, the game has random lock-ups all over, especially during the first few cutscenes or in the first area. Also, strangely the game will suddenly just start slowing down. On a T-bird 1.4ghz, 256ddr mem, an Geforce2 MX400, I usually get 57fps or so at 800x600, window. But sometimes the game just -drops- to 30 or so fps, an won't quit until you shutdown an restart the emu. So, seeing as I have this many issues, I may as well ask. Does -anyone- know if this emu can get past the first boss in the Deku Tree? That cutscene when the boss shows up? So far that's all I've played n64 emus for, to see if they've gone past it. All this time, none have. :p Thanks for your time!

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
of course it can go past the deku tree scene, i beat the game with a emulator! and also, i dont know whether its a issue in 1964 or jabo, but when you have the windowed game, you cant use your mouse until you exit 1964 or close the rom, so fiddling with adjustments in video and audio is a prob.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Im real sorry if some of you are encountering problems, but theres a few things to note:

Make sure to Un-Install your previous version first (including registry lines, very important), then re-boot your PC and install the new version, and make sure to re-set all plugins, settings, options and rom directory before running.

Rice, Schibo, Gent and myself have been using the new version for weeks, and i personally havent had ANY of the mentioned problems, and I of all people would have noticed them while Dev'in the Ini file, but its not to say that these problems arent happening.

The problems are not with the plugins, ini file, rom settings, or newly added RSP LLE/Jabos Direct Sound support, and as Schibo has mentioned, it could be a Win98 problem, core problem or game specific, dont know yet, trying to narrow it down.

If you follow the above steps and still experience problems, please post them here, and again thanks :)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
what is the best or recomended settings for this emu? i have a p3 933 256 cache, geforce2gts 32mb, pc133 256 ram um nvidia driver 23.11 , running win help me err win crappy err win me

crhylove

Banned
i'm still in reboot land. I've noticed a few things though.

Primarily: the rom browser gui is the source of most frequent crashes. also: the crashes are the super annoying page fault ones that never go away no matter how many times you click close or the x. so i have 2 reboot.

Also, there seems to be lag more often than in the previous version(s). i'm using jabo sound (man is it sweet!), so maybe my crappy built in sound card is the problem. i have a separate one installed, so maybe i'll use that instead. /me goes to do some hacking.....

also, i've had problems getting in and out of full screen, so maybe the gui bug is related to that, as well as the aforementioned rom directory crashes. some kind of memory leak that effects both? what could that be?

/me selected programming on the latest /. poll.

rhy

zorbid

i could be wrong, but that looks like u hav normal blending on in Jabo's Plugin, similar thing happened to me.
Indeed, it was normal blending. I'm sorry for reporting bugs that I create myself. :blush:

For the sound problem, I've got the same problem in PJ with Azi's 4.0 beta2. But since I use Jabo's in PJ (most of the time) I never noticed it. Furthermore, it is game specific. Does it happen to someone else ? Or is it my computer that is definitely fucked up ?

crhylove

Banned
update:

well, i finally got 1964 running without a crash every 5 seconds....
now it's more like every hour or so (not bad). the secret is to disable the "rom brower" (yeah, i know it's a typo of browser, look in preferences). that and a clean install, and i'm running pretty solid...

the first thing i noticed:
HOLY MACKERAL alot of stuff runs better. the sound is on the order of perfect in most games. i don't think that i can make any suggestions as to the improvement in audio now.

secondly:
minor errors in cruisin' world (try japan and double hit the gas, see the tread marks on the screen in an X?) horizon trouble....

3:
i still get the occasional crash.

4:
mortal kombat 4 is awesome now. best of any emulator NO CONTEST. there is still some funky gfx things in the arena, but the players are perfect, and the gameplay is dynamite.

5:
RR64 is slow as molasses. well, not that slow, but def slow. maybe i'll fudge cf's later, but:

6:
the new ini is phenomenal, so i'm scared to edit it at all.

7:
i get virtually no idle the majority of the time. i've got an athlon 950 with all the fixin's and a geforce 3 ti 200, so what should i do to change that?

8:
speed. some stuff plays so fast now. it's perfect.

9:
california speed still puts up the wrong timer value sometimes. so you run out of time WAY before you can hit a checkpoint.

10:
cruisn' usa crashes promptly. though the display is better right before it does.

11:
the intro screen for one of the racing games (can't remember which) is now perfect, the N logo isn't halfway down the screen....

12:
the 1964 team RULES. i can't wait for the bug squished version of 8.3a (8.3b? what's up with the .3's anyway? why not just go 8.4 or what have you? just curious...)

13:
jabo is some kind of god. i really hope he is still working on the gfx plugin, or somebody is. It's the tops, and his audio doesn't need any work near as i can tell.... maybe a little optimization.... sometimes (like in RR64) it says audio is taking upwards of 68% the cpu!!! maybe the n64 has better built in audio than i know....

anyway. you guys all rule! now pull my nose out of your ass!

rhy

MonolithTyriss

Seems this bizarre Zelda problem continues..

Okay, now things are more ugly. Yes, I did accidentally install over an older version. So, I uninstalled -everything- that I could find that had to do with 1964, and re-unpacked it. (By the way, 1964 is not creating -any- registry entries.. is that a good or bad thing? This is WinXP Pro) Now, things are worse. Out of every 3-4 tries running the emu, Zelda will crash totally during the opening cinema, when link meets gannon outside Hyrule castle. As the drawbridge is lowered, the emu locks up randomly at some point before the bridge is all the way down. :p Also, saves weren't working, I could hit the save all I wanted, but it restarted as if I was running the save-slot for the first time -every- time, no matter what. But a check into game ini settings said sram, so I switched that to All types option. Not tried a save yet. Plugins used: Jabo D3D7 1.4 for video (800x600 res, Hardware T&L, Transfer memory for buffer display, fog, display list culling, an blending mode all checked, transforms automatic, texture 16 an 32bit, force depth enable checked, needed for Zelda's pause menu), Azimer Audio 0.40 Beta 1 (Audio Fix, Stop sound at pause, an sync Audio checked) Nrage's Dinput8 1.61 for input. Advanced: Expansion Pak yes, All Used types on Game Save, an Self-mod code is Protect memory (also set protect memory in Gui menu option) T-bird 1.4ghz, 256meg DDR mem, Geforce2MX400 64meg vid card, Epox EP 8K7A mobo. If anyone has any more info about this, please let me know! Thanks. Sorry for message Length. I really wish to get this to work!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
RR64 is slow cos its on the interpreter setting (i think), otherwise it crashes when ur car meets with another car.

both Diddy Kong's Racing and Conker's Bad Fur Day dont work at all. they both show the first screem of gfx ('for mature audiences' and 'Diddy Kong Racing') and then nothing. Diddy Kong then crashes 1964, in that u cant close the rom or the emu without hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del....

Last edited: