What's new

1964 0.8.3 User Feedback

Eddy

I Run This
Well, when loading a large number of roms in a directory the emulator crashes. Otherwise, everything functions great. in runnig 1024x768x16 full screen with sound and everything, 60fps :-D the timing has really improved in my opinion, games seem to skip less and things of that matter

Tabby, schibo, and rice, i thank you guys :D

Pauncho

it really is a great release. but is any1 else havin trouble running games in windowed mode? the only way i can get the games to run in windowed mode is to disable the rom list before starting a game. if i dont disable it, they game will run in the backgroudn and i will hear the sound but the rom list stays on the screen.

flow``

flow``
Well, when loading a large number of roms in a directory the emulator crashes. -> please rename your roms w/ goodn64 if they aren't. bad dumps usually have f'd up headers and other such things which could cause a problem.

please read me thread about 1080 (ju) and see if you have the same problem

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
triple post? thats a new one for me, but about the windowed thing, thats weird. Dont undersand that one, then again i cant understand the rom list problem either. Guess that rice put a block on the max roms again.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
stability has reached a new level in 1964, the only problem i see is the damn rom list problem, but the stability in in game, and no sound craclking or video flickering, aaaaaah, btw rice did you work on 1964ogl? or gerrit? or even schibo?

Duncan

N64 Addict
Did you guys nake sure to "uninstall" the previous version's registry entries? Just a thought, as i can execute 1964 with over 800+ roms, and never ran into that problem (not to say its not happening), but could be a rom sorting problem.

crhylove

Banned
major issues in .8.3

well, i've been trying for hours with no avail to run .8.3....

the good news is: 1080 has audio... woot!

the bad news is: the rom list crashes all over the place, even when i create a small dir with only a few roms in it.

also, i get crashes sometimes when i select setup plugins with all the plugins in the directory. if i delete all the plugins but the included ones and jabo 1.4 and nrage (rumblepad baby!) then i can get it to setup plugins, but once i get the plugins setup:

i can't load a rom!

or more correctly... i'll load a rom and then crash out right away. (big crash requiring a reboot).

the extra good news is that the .8.0 source release i compiled seems to work even BETTER thnx to the new ini.... so i'm still seeing a major improve over .8.0 as i had it with my own custom lazy hack ini.

but as of now .8.3 is a total no go for me.

my specs:
win98 se
geforce 3 ti 200 agp
cheesy built in sound card
logitech wingman rumblepad
19" monitor set at 1024x768x32

to be fair, norton says when i run it off a cd that i'm missing pctptt.exe which my countryselection registry key supposedly calls during startup. however: no other software has problems on this machine, or at least pretty rarely. and i have alot of tweaked shitty programs on here that i'd think would crash sooner than 1964 ever has (before). so i think there is definitely a bug(s)....

good luck, let me know if u need more info!!

rhy

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Eddy said:
stability has reached a new level in 1964, the only problem i see is the damn rom list problem, but the stability in in game, and no sound craclking or video flickering, aaaaaah, btw rice did you work on 1964ogl? or gerrit? or even schibo?

yeah but um now it seems thattthe games them selfs (crash) lock up, also when i close the emu i get a whole bunch of this caused an error in that blah blah like i saw an error saying how jabo input something caused an error in something else though i wasnt even using jabos input plugin :(

jih2000

1964 rules

Hi,

The new release is excellent. I don't get the browser list crash but i have installed 1964 onto another drive and directory so maybe thats why and only have 3 roms on my computer currently.

AMD 1.33ghz + 512ddr + geforce3 + jabo plugs + azimer plugs (latest)

and my speed is excelent, all games run 60fps and cpu idle time is ~60% with the rsp plugin :) the emu rocks big time.

Timeing is good and audio is a lot better even with azimer plugin. RSP audio is near perfect :cool: :cool: :D :D

However i found that i could not get out of full screen mode when i switched to it with alt enter and had to pull the plug in the back of my computer :) however it was 2am hehe

Thanks guys,

MartyMcFly

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
like smash bros shows a black screen when using zimlars specs and other errors, but oh well

crhylove

Banned
update...

.8.3 ownz! i've gotten it running (after fooling around with .8.0 for a while, which i think setup the registry different so that .8.3 wouldn't crash?!?)

anyway, i haven't fully tested it yet, but there WAS major stability issues till i played .8.0 first.....

now however, OMG! california speed plays better than i've ever seen, for a start, perfect dark is, in a word: perfect. now to seperate my roms by playability in mini directories... :)

i'll do some more thurough testing soon, definitely!!

rhy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh perfect dark's speed is perfect. u should also try killer instinct, ive received no slow down watsoeva. also donkey kong64 is amazing speed, my favourite game - wetrix, is working amazing at last. excitebike64, the list goes on and on

i dont get a gui problem, but as ive already mentioned the emu crashes after loading a few roms after each other. i think it has happened in previous releases, and has been fixed.

Cobra95

I should have known better than to blindly overwrite the old version. It's been too long since I've used N64 emulators, and there's much I don't remember. Out of the box, I'm getting absolutely craptastic performance from Conker's BFD (U) where I once had smoothness. The audio stutters like crazy, or it's absent, depending on plugin and setting combinations. I need to track down where to get the latest plugins, and refamiliarize myself with the whole system. Ah, well, I opened the can of worms. Now I have to chase after the little wigglers. Any advice welcome.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Cobra95 said:
I should have known better than to blindly overwrite the old version. It's been too long since I've used N64 emulators, and there's much I don't remember. Out of the box, I'm getting absolutely craptastic performance from Conker's BFD (U) where I once had smoothness. The audio stutters like crazy, or it's absent, depending on plugin and setting combinations. I need to track down where to get the latest plugins, and refamiliarize myself with the whole system. Ah, well, I opened the can of worms. Now I have to chase after the little wigglers. Any advice welcome.

dunno how behind u r...make sure u get Jabo's sound and gfx plugins from the latest pj64 emu (copy and paste them into the 1964 plugin folder). Conkers BFD just crashes after the 'For mature audience' title for me.

just found out that goldeneye plays as smooth as UltraHLe now. i needed to use Azimar's audio beta and the RSP audio option checked, but the speed was so sweet, reminded me of when i had an n64.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
i get the error: cannot load sram when i try to load goldeneye 007 u, zelda, 1080, and paper mario all run well

zorbid

i get the error: cannot load sram when i try to load goldeneye 007 u, zelda, 1080, and paper mario all run well
I had the same problem until I copied the savegame from 1964 7.3. After that, no problem.

I've found a strange bug with sound and gfx sync : It's pretty hard to explain because there are now 4 options to produce sound with 1964:

Azimer 4.0 beta2
RSP + Azimer 4.0 beta2, send alist to plugin checked
RSP + Azimer 4.0 beta2, send alist to plugin unchecked
RSP + Jabo's Direct Sound.

To make it short:
With Azi's, in some games (Mission impossible, Tony hawk 1, RR64, maybe more...) when the game is synced to video, the sound is twice as fast as it should be. If you sync the game to audio then, the music plays (realy) fine (perfect, in fact), but the game becomes twice as slow as it should be.

With RSP+Jabo's, nothing synced, everything is fine, but the games (Tony hawk 1 at least) are way too fast :))) In tonny hawk I have a peak at 217fps in the title screen, in game is around 90. On a duron 700... If you check video speed sync, the game becomes very slow, and the audio cracks and skips, as it is when your computer is too slow for an emu.

I will investigate further in order to find if it is possible to get rid of these problems.

Edit : Azi's 3.0 (old and new) doesn't work on my computer (SB Audigy). Could someone test the games named above, and report if it is ok?

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
A patch has just been released so make sure you download it! Fixes:

- Rom Browser Crash on startup (some ROM files caused 1964 to crash).
- Solves registry problems.
- Removed annoying messageboxes for user.
- New uninstall included in the patch (for the new registry)