What's new

1964 0.8.3 User Feedback

Thubb

Zelda64 PAL version

Zelda64 ocarina of time PAL version doesn´t work :(

it shows no graphics but i can hear sound... the pal version did´t work in 0.8.0 too :(

the US version runs flawlessly, so whats the difference between the two roms that the pal version doesnt work ???

can someone tell me why ?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yup i hav no idea, i guess its broken on the core, happens to me. USA does, PAL doesnt. but it has sound, as does buck bumble.

Cobra95

Sorry, but there are serious issues with 0.8.3 (pick a patch, any patch) on my system: Dell Dimension 8100, Intel i850 mobo, 1.4 GHz P4, 256 MB PC800 RDRAM, Geforce 3 Ti 200 @220MHz/500MHz, SB AudioPCI 64V, Windows Me. These problems are widely varied. There is a marked performance hit in Conker's BFD from 0.7.3. The keys are largely unresponsive, making it difficult or impossible to perform certain functions like Pausing (F3). Even going from windowed to full-screen mode is hit and miss. The 'c' patch screws up the graphics unless I use the RSP LLE plugin. The characters flicker on and off, and the perspective fluctuates rapidly. (This happens regardless of options chosen in Jabo's D3D7 1.40. I power cycled the system to make sure the GF3 hadn't been thrown into some weird state. No help.) Audio hitches like crazy regardless of plugin. Going back to the 'a' patch substitutes one set of problems for another.

In conclusion, 0.8.3 is a mistake in this system. I will test it out some more later, when I've recharged my depleted patience, with different games. If the intention is to drop good support for Win9X, please say so clearly, so that I don't waste my time, or yours, any further. Thanks.

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
whoa, alot of people are having problems, i have none ;-P i just had to disable the rom browser, since its the source of most crashes, and now, the emulator runs real good. Sometimes the sonuds stutter but thats my lack of speed (1.1ghz) i guess ill wait for azimer to throw out another audio plugin, anyone know if hes gonna go LLE? like jabo?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
okay, extremeG doesnt start a race, just blank screen.....i really dunno wats going on here. jabo's d3d1.4 doesnt work with forsaken (glide64, tr64, daedalus all do tho)...

OP
Eddy

Eddy

I Run This
The RR64 problem is verified, im only getting 37 frames at 320x240, so something is wrong, the speed is real slow. And forsaken has never worked with jabo, so its not a 1964 issue.

Thubb

Remote said:
try checking / unchecking fpu hack on / off in game setting...

hey thx man, it works now with deactivated FPU hack :)

thx a lot !!!

an other question, why can i only randomly play in windowed mode ??? i always see the rombrowser... fullscreen is ok, but windowed suxx

Thubb

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Eddy said:
The RR64 problem is verified, im only getting 37 frames at 320x240, so something is wrong, the speed is real slow. And forsaken has never worked with jabo, so its not a 1964 issue.

cos by default i think its using the interpreter (.ini has set it to this) as it crashes on the dyna-recompiler....

EDIT: okay i now hav a better idea why these games aernt working:

Conker's BFD (U) [!] <-- Stops at 'For mature audiences'
Diddy Kong Racing (U) (1.1) [!] <-- 'Stops at DKR logo
Extreme G (U) [!] <-- 'Works until race starts, then freezes
Buck Bumble (U) [!] <-- when music starts, theres no gfx..

and possibly more...

wheneva i use another plugin, like Daedalus D3D 0.7b, Glide640.1 and tr64 0.4, i get at least sound, and as far into the game each plugin is able to emulate. but with jabo's they all dont show any gfx, and some dont show sound. i hav also uninstalled jabo's plugins plenty of times.

EDIT: lol, its all sorted, guess i didnt uninstall jabos plugin properly (from pj64 uninstall plugins reg)....doh. my bad.

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
sk8, goto plugins>video settings>advanced>frame buffer emulation

...and set it back to none. i know i get the first two errors if i set that to emulate clear.

i have just tested CBFD and DKR they both work perfectly. i dont hav EG or BB.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Thanks guys, we were up till late last night and as you now have read, found a nasty string that was causing most all the problems you have posted. Make sure to grab the v0.8.3c patch, but i retested all the problem games and heres a few things to note:

RR64 = it must run in Interpretive, as if you dont every time you hit another car it will freeze, im still trying to fix it to run in Dyna, WIP. If you use it in Dyna, just dont hit another car :)

California Speed = rule of thumb is to correct any "time value" problems you select a lower CF, but ive already got it set to 1, you could try CF-2 and see what happens, but i think it set at CF-2 make it loose some controller control, again a WIP.

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0) = corrected, must turn off the "FPU Hack"

Buck Bumble, Mario64, and Scooby Doo "slow down" problems are now fixed, as well as the rom browser prob.

Major thanks to you guys :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
pj64er said:
sk8, goto plugins>video settings>advanced>frame buffer emulation

...and set it back to none. i know i get the first two errors if i set that to emulate clear.

i have just tested CBFD and DKR they both work perfectly. i dont hav EG or BB.

i fixed it, didnt uninstall jabo's plugin properly to begin with. my fault. theres no need to set to Emulate Clear, the games work fine without it.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
pj64er said:
no, DONT set them to emulate clear, thats what caused your problem!

er...no its not.... nothing to do with that, i had tried plenty of times with 'emulate clear' on and off, it just needed uninstalling, thats all.

Duncan

N64 Addict
It has nothing to do with the Ini, and you shouldnt have to use "emulate clear" except where noted in the rom browser, which is for Donkey Kong 64 (fixes a view/camera prob)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
well on my comp, turning it on will get sk8bloke's symptoms (stays on 1st message). On the other hand i never uninstalled any plugins and i had not have any problems because of it.

well, as long as ur problem is solved...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
um well lets see, feedback feedback um well in Thps2 (tony hawk game) the game keeps telling me i have a rumble pack inserted into my controler when in fact i have the mempak inserted (and when using the zimlar rsp lle plugin and using jabo input plugin and jabo 1.40 , and jabo sound also the sound doesnt work using those plugins

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
CBF day crashes d3d.im700.dll has caused an error blah blah during mutliplayer it crashes first the game freezes then when i try to close it i see that message

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
And to note: it's emulate clear that causes the problems. I had emulate clear on once, and it crashed. Well not crashed, but simply hanged.

Taking it to none works fine.