What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Website Proposal - HiRes Central: Recruiting Staff

Weatherton

Center can just be added somehow, or a C could be added as a part of the R or attached to it.

Please keep in mind the HR was litterally thrown together, I would make it every bit as clear and sweet as the NG logo ... anywho...
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~avw6s/random/HR_N64_highres_Logo4.png
hmm, just realized it's "Central" lol:
HR_N64_highres_Logo6.png

Last edited:

Kerber2k

I think ill just knock off the other sides and make it more of corner...meh oh well Im done with this...I was blind to begin with not to see the conflicts seeing as its in 3D

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

Woah, Weatherton, those logos look so awesome! Yours are okay too Kerber... but not as pwnage.

TS_Death_Angel: You're good at coding, I'll give you that, so you're under consideration. But I don't want to make any decisions on staff until I get some talented layout designers interested.

Weatherton: I forgot to put you on the initial list of automatic staff. So welcome aboard ;).

The Dave

Weatherton: First, can you please not post so much big images. Now the way it looks in the finalized version looks best, but I think you have the one angle messed up.

A spinning version wouldn't be neccessary. Also, just putting the words "Central" after it doesn't add or take away anything, because you don't get "Hi-Res" from that HR cube. If any text would be around it would be "Hi-Res Central" to spell it all out and I would reccomend not rendering the text in a 3d program because look that great. Also putting the text on a 3d plane doesn't work because it's going to look out of alignment with the website which is flat.

Is this it for logos submissions? Mine and Weatherton? And is mine dead? I'd love to see more ideas for an original logo because I don't like the n64 logo the way it is, and nothing against the creativity Weatherton and Kerber have done, but I don't really like their logos based on that. Plus I'm not a fan of ripping Nintendo's logo off.

I also still like the presentation of Kerbers more, I understand the argument of it not being real 3d, but it just looks smoother and is much easier on the eyes, and presents the concept better.

Either way this is just my opinion and I think the community that's interested in this site happenning need to lend their voices as well.

Vanit, if you can't tell I would really like to be the lead designer for this site. That doesn't mean that I make everything, but I would like to oversee everything and do the layout for the site. In the position of lead designer I would never do something like reject Weatherton's logo while everyone else loves it, to say I wouldn't be a dictator.

I don't know good code well (just html and css) though and I think for this project to work the site is going to need to be php/mysql and set up in editable databases so information can be updated and reflected on the site with most ease.

Here are more site concepts, I have another logo idea as well (which is very similar to this one I have already made) but I'm not sure if it would be worth it to even create. Anywho, as you can see in these images, the site would rely on some custom database work:

Weatherton

I just changed several of the images to links to cut down on load time (though I'm hosting them all so I don't care about my bandwidth).

Here is a spinning version I was planning to post before the emutalk server went down for a bit:

AnimatedGif_HR_cel-shaded.gif

*edit* Vanit, thanks for the invite :) I would be glad to be a part of it.

Also, Dave, in reaction to your comment:
Plus I'm not a fan of ripping Nintendo's logo off.
I think it's really more of a symbol of the spirit of what we're doing here, building on the creative genious inherent in the games we are choosing to retexture. By changing the textures we are clearly relying on the original design while imparting our own spin -- exactly what is occuring with the HR logo.

Last edited:

Mollymutt

My idea for a logo, is to start it out lo-rez, then have it turn hi-rez half way through. As you can see, I would spell it "hi-rez" instead of hi-res.

64fanatic

I'd go

with weatherton's logo, that spin effect might not be nessasary, but damn is it ever sharp looking

I like the spin effect=]
and the cel shading

Weatherton

Hey guys, here is an optimized version of just the logo. I could make one with an alpha channel if there were a need, but for some reason the original image stays in the background if I do that. I'm sure I could figure it out (or hopefully someone who has had that before could tell me why) but for now, I'll just have a white background:

HR_Highres_AnimatedGIF.gif

(It's 100x110 at 54KB)

The Dave

Thank you very much Vanit.

So now a coder is needed.

Is there anyone up to offer their services? You're going to need to know mysql/php. I don't think you'll have to write a custom script, I want to try and find a Wiki software that will be able to work with my ideas in mind. Also looking for someone who is easy to reach/open for communication, basically someone who I won't have troubles contact, and someone who won't skip town.

Reply here, PM me, or IM "Chocobo578" if you're interested.

TS_Death_Angel

The Dave said:
Thank you very much Vanit.

So now a coder is needed.

Is there anyone up to offer their services? You're going to need to know mysql/php. I don't think you'll have to write a custom script, I want to try and find a Wiki software that will be able to work with my ideas in mind. Also looking for someone who is easy to reach/open for communication, basically someone who I won't have troubles contact, and someone who won't skip town.

Reply here, PM me, or IM "Chocobo578" if you're interested.
I guess I could do that. However, I've never really coded anything that uses MySQL... >>;

The Dave

Well TS Death Angel, would you be able to install and edit/work with php applications? I'm looking to use Media Wiki with the site, unless I can find a better wiki software (why wiki? so pack authors can update/add information on their material and be responsible for the updates).

Here's a link, maybe you can put it on some webspace of your own and try playing with it.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Also Vanit, what webspace do you plan on putting this site on? Could you message me details with that information?