What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Website Proposal - HiRes Central: Recruiting Staff

The Reverend

Just want to say thank-you to all the people involved in this. For whatever reason you guys do it, you are all eternally cool in my eyes.

Registered just to say that.

And a special thanks to Vanit for choosing The Dave's layout - as soon as I saw it (today) I wanted to go back in time and beg for it to be chosen, but no need. My first beer tonight will be in your honour.

cheers,
adam.

OP
V

Vanit

Work has begun!

I thought I should announce this before anyone finds the site and inquires as to whats happened. But some guy has ninja'd hirescentral.com and decided to try copy our idea (I think?). In anycase his progress is minimal to say the most and I think his real motive was an attempt to resell it to us, though let me disclaim that he has made no such move so it is purely speculation. So if you're reading this Krister, I know who you are and I won't forgive you easily ;). We've renamed the site to something else cooler sounding, however we will not be announcing the name so we can continue to build the site in secret.

ANYWAYS, After a few months of planning we have finally started work! I've become quite adept at Joomla through managing several other websites of my own. I have purchased the domain for the new name of the website. Dave and myself, the primary staff, have started writing tutorials, setting up the forums, and, let me say that Dave's template has come to life and looks kicking ;).

So I just thought I'd keep you guys posted. The idea is finally gathering speed.

Noglory

This is great! Iv been sending alot of people to this forum... Alot of the people iv sent here has had trouble finding things and finding out how to get rice's plugin and packs to work. noobs hehe!

The Dave

Well we don't need to worry about that domain, we have a better name now.

The site is going very well and will be live not too long from now. I'm currently working on the template for the forums. The main site is pretty much done as far as design, we just need to get our content done.

OP
V

Vanit

I think even if I change it, the changes will apply only to within the page and not the top of the window, nor in the main thread list :(.