What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Website Proposal - HiRes Central: Recruiting Staff

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
skyman8081 said:
Anybody who claims unlimited or unmetered bandwidth is a liar. There are limits to bandwidth, and it is what the server is physically capable of.

Unmetered means that if you get a lot of traffic, your site could still go down. Because the host is not making any guarantee's on how much bandwidth they give you, and it usually is laughably low.

If a site promises 2.2 TB of bandwidth, then that means that they actually have 2.2 TB of badwidth to give you. This is important in case you ever get slashdotted.

By the way, I just learned this the hard way, but dreamhost has a one-click install for Joomla/Mambo in the control panel. (I'm using dreamhost to host one of my own sites)
Unmetered bandwidth means that the host will not meter your bandwidth and your website will not be shut down if it exceeds the amount. My host has one such feature. It does not mean you have unlimited bandwidth, however. Although it doesn't mean you should cross the limit all of often anyway.

OP
V

Vanit

The hosts always have an idea of about how much bandwidth you'll use, even if its unmetered or unlimited. They calculate it by your max speed by the duration of a month. So if your server allows maximum speed of 100kb/s with 'unlimited' bandwidth for a month, it just means you're getting around 259.2gb bandwidth per month.

Its only a matter of wording to make the deals sound better than they are.

And contrary to what everyone said previously, Dreamhost is a TERRIBLE host that, while has good HDD and bandwidth, has terrible customer support. And a lot of people break the rule of too many CPU minutes, and Dreamhost never proves it, but after the 97 day money back guarentee they notify you of the situation, suspend your account indefinitely and take your money.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

The topic is just inactive for now as I'm just waiting on having a real-time chat to Lord Snow, the owner of Emunext. Then it will be up The Dave to start setting up the site.

Don't worry, this idea won't just go away.

The Dave

Yes if you don't hear from us it isn't because the site is dead but because we're putting time into it and doing it right.

OP
V

Vanit

I had a chat with Lord Snow and the hosting has been finalised! I emailed the server info to The Dave so he can start work as soon as its convenient.

Progress!

Oh, and the name of the site is Hires-Central; I decided not to make it rez.

Cönker1

I'm going to be building a website (to showcase some projects, non gaming ones per se) and I would be happy to host this site. Since It will have 1000GB monthly transfer and only 50 cents every gig over bandwidth isn't a problem.

PM me about it.

OP
V

Vanit

I've taken the moderators from the pool of experienced pack designers in this forum. Additionally, I already have enough people for a starting forum.

The Dave

An update: TS_Death_Angel and myself are swamped with school work this week and don't have much time in our schedules during the weekdays to work on the site. However, I may have a good amount of time after this thursday to make some progress.

Yall just gotta give us time though.

And we need an official logo decision.