What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Website Proposal - HiRes Central: Recruiting Staff

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
I like it, simple and sweet.

One question though, will it be fixed or variable width? I happen to have a personal distaste against fixed width sites.

flowrent

The Dave ,your work is nice ! Except for the latin part :D .
No need for flash & stuff ,simple and efficient imo.

Kerber2k

I like Daves logo aswell...but I couldnt help myself heres my very rough logo design might almost be confusing...but I think if you know where you are..and whats there it gets the message across nicely. If anyone likes it I could easily shine it up to look professional.

but2002

The Dave said:
Here are the same website mock-ups but with the two logos.

Good work Kerber, smart idea.

you forgot my logo......

I want you to make another one in a 'logo" but have it like

---HiRES CENTRAL---

The Dave

The logo you made is barely visible and relies on a black background. It's anything but versitile. If you want to make an another attempt and have a go provide something that can be on any color background and is a decent resolution.

I also see no need for any ascii art around the logo, if you want to do that with yours that's your prerogative.

Dr. Soong

the cube logo is neat, but difficult to see imo. i would try making another version of it so its 'flat' and not 3d. also i was thinking making a logo in likeness to the n64 logo is a bad idea.

and personally i dont have any preference between fixed/variable widths.
if you need some good fonts check out
http://www.dafont.com/

i really like the mockups. btw what waverace tx's are those? :)

The Dave

Click the image! (Self-Project whore)!

Also, I also say fixed vs. variable doesn't matter to me, but we are in the age where there is a HUGE range of resolutions being used. so variable is probably much better idea.

but2002

Ok. So what.,.. but if you didnt notice it was just an idea but you could creaste one similar. And don't forget. He hasnt selected his staff yet.

Plust i want to be Web design. not logos

Weatherton

Kerber2k said:
I like Daves logo aswell...but I couldnt help myself heres my very rough logo design might almost be confusing...but I think if you know where you are..and whats there it gets the message across nicely. If anyone likes it I could easily shine it up to look professional.

Kerb, I like the idea, it reminds me of the logo I made for NGenres.com:
NG_cut.gif

Your logo is technically incorrect though and looks much cooler if done right.

A quick version:
HR_N64_highres_Logo.png

Last edited:

The Dave

I'm just giving you tips on making logos from someone whos been payed to make brand logos for small companies before, then maybe in the future I would hope you would think about those tips.

No shame in trying a second attempt at a logo. I have some projects where I have ~15 versions/revisions of a logo for one company.

I would like to see some of your ideas for the web design as well.

The Dave

Weatherton, though that is correct, don't you feel Kerb's is "easier" to read? I do. Your's is also missing the "C" at the top to spell out the full name.

Weatherton

The C is not physically correct, and I did not even know a C was necessary in the logo -- hadn't read the thread thorougly... anyway, I've always liked my NGenres logo.

once again:
NG_cut.gif

*edit, the reason the C is not physically correct is the logo could not spin and continue being HR, it would be some garbled mess on the other side. Also, the C is upside down and unlikely to be noticed for what it is by the average viewer

Last edited:

The Dave

I'm aware of what your saying, but if kerber puts that one line on the other side then the C will be visible, and I don't think you're going to get HRC, or even HR alone for that matter to look correct without breaking the realness of the 3d.

Now the N64 logo works because it's just 4 Ns and that NG logo works because you can make that look very close to an N and keep it's 3d integrity. I just don't feel that it's as possible with HR and that the elimination of the realness of it is in the best interest of artistic integrity.

Weatherton

The Dave said:
I'm aware of what your saying, but if kerber puts that one line on the other side then the C will be visible, and I don't think you're going to get HRC, or even HR alone for that matter to look correct without breaking the realness of the 3d.

Now the N64 logo works because it's just 4 Ns and that NG logo works because you can make that look very close to an N and keep it's 3d integrity. I just don't feel that it's as possible with HR and that the elimination of the realness of it is in the best interest of artistic integrity.

Impossible is Nothing:

HR_N64_highres_Logo2.png