What's new

PS3 pwns all

Status
Not open for further replies.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Keep ruining my fun, will you? I'm sure other issues will surface in tine.

yep, for both consoles.

but from now you can step down from fanboy heaven and join the reality that consoles are consoles, companies will be companies, problems will happen on any machine, im expecting big problems with the PS3 cos its an advanced new system to challenge the 360, the Wii is on its own cos its just a glorified gamecube, but it will still have problems cos its new.

im sure youll live knowing there is another console out there with as many problems as the "super" nintendo (ahar i made a funny)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
xneoangel said:
Why do you have to make something this unimportant such a big deal?

Yes the Blu-Ray Drive has problems but ITS NOT due to the Blu-Ray Disc technology its due to a crappy slot loading mechanism, this can and will happen to the wii too as well as on any DVD player, this is such a common and trivial problem that it should have little to no importance.
My only point was to show it can happen to any system.;) Thing is, it's not a big deal. Problems like this are not uncommon with any new console.

WhiteX

Problems like this are not uncommon with any new console.

Can happen to anything, for the blu ray thing, i don´t think that it is a bad technology or that it will break easily or any of that, i just think it will flop like the UMD did.

If i had the money, i would prolly have a PS3 AND a Wii, i dont like Sony as a company but if the games are good, we must play them. :)

I see the Wiimote as a new perspective on things, same as the DS touchscreen, if it were only a gimmick Sony would not have copied it, no one copied ROB or the Powerglove.

HD, horsepower, does not make next gen, it is merely a continuation of the thought of the previous gen, the only console that was next gen on sheer horsepower, for me, was the NES, from that, the PS1 and the N64 made the third dimension possible, another "next" gen.

PS2, Xbox and GC were only the continuation of that thought same can be said of PS3 and X360, sure they look good, sure are powerful but innovate on nothing, games are played the same way and are even the same games, come on, Final Fantasy came to the twelfth episode, Metal gear is on the fourth? Megaman lost track of his games.

Seeing things like i do, Wii must win, not only i hope but it must win for gaming leap once again in immersion and into a true next gen.

EDIT: WTF, the sales figure went down?

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
It all depends on what you're looking for in next gen I suppose. Gaming on the PC hasn't had anymore innovations than the PS3 if you look at it that way. Yet, you'll find people that buy those $1,000 CPU's, $700 video cards, etc.. to play the newest games.;)

Anyways, to move on, here's some more screens of some very promising looking games.:)

Resistance: Fall Of Man :w00t:

resistance-fall-of-man-20061019114913730.jpg

Genji: Days Of The Blade

genji-days-of-the-blade-20061103071419182.jpg

NBA 2K7

nba-2k7-20061103070241894.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20061103075355261.jpg

More to come later.:D

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
A few things...

1. Pursuing emulation is not evil, so Nintendo is not bad for that, in fact they have the right to protect their stuff if they want to. Sony tried to sue Connectix a few years ago without results and then they brought Connectix VGS.

2. I don't like the PS3 but using the slot loading mechanism example is ridiculous, that can happen to any other drive, like DVDs for example. That doesn't prove Blu Ray is faulty, is just that Sony and Nintendo are using cheap stuff and are both screwing people.

3. As for the Blu Ray format, I don't like it, and is more likely that it will die like Betamax. But after a few time, let's say a year, their lenses won't be as crappy as they are now, is just an immature tech (and unnecessary for the PS3).

4. Sending Wiis with a wrong firmware was a huge mistake indeed, so they are also faulty.

5. Is truth that the % of people with HDTVs is growing gradually, but lots of people have only 720p HDTVs, and most PS3 games are 720p, so the Cell Processor is useless (and using games at 1080p reduces the fps, considering that their are first generation games).

4. I don't know if the wiimote idea is patented, but if that's not the case, what stops MS and Sony for adding a USB sensor and a wiimote style controller? First PS1 controllers came without the analog stick and vibration support. If that happens that could really screw Nintendo (possibly MS winning). But MS and Sony hasn't created developers tools for this, so it's uncertain to happen.

5. I have to say that lot of Sony products are actually good, specially their audio section. I know portable audio isn't as innovative as Apple nowadays of course, but their Discmans were very good quality at their time. CRTs TVs are good as well.

Last edited:

WhiteX

My stereo is Sony. it has 1 meter tall speakers and it lasts for more than 10 years, the thing is the difference between that and a gaming console.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
You got the idea, Sony has good products too, but that doesn't apply to all their products

WhiteX

We make most of their problems, we want better graphics but also innovative gameplay, we want our movie tie ins to come with the movies (not so much), we want the consoles to be renowed each 5 years or so...

Both gamers, share holders and the producers have a way of making deadlines and asking for the impossible which makes gaming consoles and games way worse than ten years ago.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Non game-related, but still pretty cool. Screens of the Linux OS on PS3

fedoraps3ql1.jpg

ps3linuxfb1.jpg

And then this one really gave me a little laugh. Windows XP running on a Virtual PC in Linux on the PS3. Talk about irony.:p

xp_ps3.png

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Hmmm, last I checked, running an OS wasn't multimedia. Not to mention, it's only a feature I mentioned. Have a look at my posts before this and you'll find screenshots of games. But I'm sure you missed them, afterall, if it backs up what I've been saying all along, it's easy to miss, isn't it?;)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Multimedia is a general term for anything that includes sound, video, gameplay, pictures.

so yes, Running an OS does count as multimedia as this allows you to do such things.

BUT, there are also os's which wn't allow for such,.. so there are multimedia's OS's and non multimedia OS's

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
squall_leonhart said:
Multimedia is a general term for anything that includes sound, video, gameplay, pictures.

so yes, Running an OS does count as multimedia as this allows you to do such things.

BUT, there are also os's which wn't allow for such,.. so there are multimedia's OS's and non multimedia OS's
If you want to get technical, running a game on it counts as multimedia. You people are making too much out of this.:plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.