What's new

PS3 pwns all

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
And now that we've got that covered, how about some nice screens and other assorted goodies? This is supposed to be a thread about interest in PS3 afterall, and not a console debate.;)

One of my main reasons for wanting this console: METAL GEAR SOLID 4:w00t:

mgs4e32006a0099wv.jpg

mgs4e32006a0011hp.jpg

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20060508114644999.jpg

And of course, Final Fantasy 13:inlove:

final_fantasy_xiii_28.jpg

final_fantasy_xiii_23.jpg

I've got more PS3 goodness that I'll be adding, I just don't wanna take up a ton of room with one post.:p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You all can't seem to read properly...
There are always problems with systems when they first launch, there's no saying there won't be. However, this was the first failure for the Blu-ray drive, which I said WOULD break.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
You all can't seem to read properly...
There are always problems with systems when they first launch, there's no saying there won't be. However, this was the first failure for the Blu-ray drive, which I said WOULD break.
Which, funny enough, it didn't matter. The Wii doesn't use Blu Ray and look at the problems some are having reading discs. Just goes to show, it can happen to any format drive. Nice try with the mincing of your own words by the way.;)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Maybe you missed what the actual problem was in that article. It wasn't even related to the fact that it's Blu Ray. It was the slot loading mechanism that had the issue. Even if they only had a CD drive in there, the issue would have still been the same.;)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
The slot loading mechanism is part of the Blu-ray drive. The blu-ray drive was faulty.
So what you're saying is the slot loading drive is exclusive to Blu Ray, and no other format drive uses it? Hmm, funny. I had a car stereo that had a slot load, and it had that same issue. Funny thing is, it didn't play Blu Ray.;) Unless you're mechanically inclined, I suggest you get your facts straight before you look any more stupid than you do right now.;)

Doomulation

You're jumping to conclusions. The slot loading can be done to any drive but it's still built into that drive. In this case, it was built into blu-ray's drive, so the blu-ray drive was faulty.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
You're still missing the point. It doesn't matter if it's Blu Ray, DVD, CD, or any other format for that matter. The fact remains that the reason it had an issue has NOTHING to do with the fact that it's a Blu Ray drive. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before somebody with a Wii has the same issue (since it's slot loading as well). What will you blame that on?

Doomulation

The blu-ray drive is faulty. The slot-loading mechanism was part of the drive that was manufactured and whether you like it not, that means if the slot loading fails, the drive is faulty.

Trotterwatch

Y'know, I fucking despair, I really do.

1 piece of evidence about a drive failing and Doom has shoots his load.

Tell you what, I'll predict the next 10 consoles that are released will have issues, all the CD/DVD/Blue ray based ones will have some disc issues (be that 1 or 10,000)

It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Then what's the blame for this?
Wii disc loading problem
Are they putting hidden Blu Ray drives in the Wii now?
Fact is, that PS3 could have been bounced around alot during shpping or something similar. There's no proof on what actually caused it to have that issue.;)

xneoangel

Persona User
Why do you have to make something this unimportant such a big deal?

Yes the Blu-Ray Drive has problems but ITS NOT due to the Blu-Ray Disc technology its due to a crappy slot loading mechanism, this can and will happen to the wii too as well as on any DVD player, this is such a common and trivial problem that it should have little to no importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.