Status
Not open for further replies.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
Quite, if you say so.
I'm not the only one that says you are. :whistling

Doomulation said:
Perhaps you should do your research. If you did, you'd find one of the biggest reasons for the original XBOX's success was Halo. People have been known to buy consoles to be able to play a single game. And whether you know it or not, the Gamecube has even been bought by some for one FPS game: Metroid Prime.;)

Doomulation said:
Born dumb? It's just that you don't like to accept facts, but... I can't change your mind, can I? Well, I'll just have to let you think what you will!
Facts? You mean assumptions.;) And nope, can't change my mind, especially when you're misinformed and biased.;)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'm not the only one that says you are. :whistling
Right. You and your imaginary friends?

[quote}Perhaps you should do your research. If you did, you'd find one of the biggest reasons for the original XBOX's success was Halo. People have been known to buy consoles to be able to play a single game. And whether you know it or not, the Gamecube has even been bought by some for one FPS game: Metroid Prime.;)[/quote]
Indeed it was, and I loathe Retro for it. I can't count how many times I've cursed that it has FPS view. And btw, it's FPA. The old Metroid was better.

Facts? You mean assumptions.;) And nope, can't change my mind, especially when you're misinformed and biased.;)

No, YOU make assumptions that I don't know, which I do. On some things. But you can't accept the fact that I DO know some things and don't wildly throw around mis-information.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
Right. You and your imaginary friends?
I could SO prove it to you and maybe make you eat your words again, but I won't.;) I respect the privacy of the people I get PM's from, so I won't mention names, but I WILL tell you I do hear about how much of a fanboy you are.;)

Doomulation said:
Indeed it was, and I loathe Retro for it. I can't count how many times I've cursed that it has FPS view. And btw, it's FPA. The old Metroid was better.
Pfff, the majority of the game involves shooting. Alot of game sites consider it FPS.;)

Doomulation said:
No, YOU make assumptions that I don't know, which I do. On some things. But you can't accept the fact that I DO know some things and don't wildly throw around mis-information.
On some things? You mean like you claimed to know so much about drive technology, until you got proven wrong. But up to that point, you claimed to have so much knowledge on the subject, that is till the minute you couldn't argue with the facts laid out in front of you. But somehow this is different than that. Gotcha.;)

Doomulation

I could SO prove it to you and maybe make you eat your words again, but I won't.;) I respect the privacy of the people I get PM's from, so I won't mention names, but I WILL tell you I do hear about how much of a fanboy you are.;)
Then, as you keep writing, I won't believe you until you provide the facts.

Pfff, the majority of the game involves shooting. Alot of game sites consider it FPS.;)
Shooting doesn't make it an FPS. Besides that, Retro, the game developer, calls it an FPA and quite frankly, it is unlike any FPS crap games. So FPA it is.

On some things? You mean like you claimed to know so much about drive technology, until you got proven wrong. But up to that point, you claimed to have so much knowledge on the subject, that is till the minute you couldn't argue with the facts laid out in front of you. But somehow this is different than that. Gotcha.;)

I wrote that the blu-ray drive WILL fail because it was new and nothing beyond that. I also found information saying the blu-ray drive is slower than a normal DVD to read from the discs, which results in longer loading times. Processor micro-architecture I know of. Not only because I program and develop myself, but I've actually acquired information of the technical kind, an official document from Intel, for one.

WhiteX

it is unlike any FPS crap games.

I started agreeing with you, man, now you´re bashing genres too?

Come on, one of the main launch titles for Wii is "Red Steel" an FPS, man!

EDIT: Just to add to the mess...

"PS3 games render images at either 720p or 1080p for High Definition, and you need 720p input on the TV to play select games that do not support 1080p. This is an issue on the side of the individual television sets, which do not accept 720p input, so when a game outputs an HD signal only at 720p, these select TVs have to display the game at 480p instead."

"SCEA's Dave Karraker, Sr. Director, Corporate Communications, informed GameDaily BIZ that they currently cannot confirm that this 1080i issue will be resolved via a firmware patch. The official line is now that they are "looking into the issue and haven't stated any actions that will be taken regarding it."

Last edited:

Doomulation

I started agreeing with you, man, now you´re bashing genres too?

Come on, one of the main launch titles for Wii is "Red Steel" an FPS, man!
IMO that game is pathetic. And so are all the other FPS... they're all the same. Run around with your pathetic guns and kill people. That's what it's basically like.
But don't mind me - get what you want.

I might add that the ONLY game that's worth getting for the launch lineup is Zelda (well, games like Trauma and that monkey game aren't bad, but I still haven't decided to actually aquire them). The other good games comes later.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Now you are writting nonsense Doom, if you don't like FPS is fine, but don't say they are ridiculous or pathetic...

Doomulation

Now you are writting nonsense Doom, if you don't like FPS is fine, but don't say they are ridiculous or pathetic...

Notice "IMO" thank you very much.
You don't need to be concerned with someone else's opinion. It doesn't stop them from being made nor does it stop you from purchasing them.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
Then, as you keep writing, I won't believe you until you provide the facts.
If I didn't respect people's privacy, then I would "give proof". But you of all people know that I'm not that kind of person, don't you, Sarah? So get off this now.;)

Doomulation said:
Shooting doesn't make it an FPS. Besides that, Retro, the game developer, calls it an FPA and quite frankly, it is unlike any FPS crap games. So FPA it is.
Just because a game company calls it something doesn't mean that's what it is. Generally, genre decisions are based on market reviews.;)

Doomulation said:
I wrote that the blu-ray drive WILL fail because it was new and nothing beyond that. I also found information saying the blu-ray drive is slower than a normal DVD to read from the discs, which results in longer loading times. Processor micro-architecture I know of. Not only because I program and develop myself, but I've actually acquired information of the technical kind, an official document from Intel, for one.
Let me guess, you're going by read speed of 2x, and not actual amount of data read per second, right? As for programming, I've got my doubts on your ability. Given you can't even talk right at times, I really do question your ability to code.

Doomulation said:
But don't mind me - get what you want.
As long as it's Wii, that's your take on it. But if it's not, then this isn't your reaction.

Doomulation said:
Notice "IMO" thank you very much.
You don't need to be concerned with someone else's opinion. It doesn't stop them from being made nor does it stop you from purchasing them.
Look who's talking. You've been "concerned" about my opinion from the second I started posting. More hypocritical shit I see.

Doomulation

If I didn't respect people's privacy, then I would "give proof". But you of all people know that I'm not that kind of person, don't you, Sarah? So get off this now.;)
I don't believe you until you provide proof. Either do it or drop the subject.

Just because a game company calls it something doesn't mean that's what it is. Generally, genre decisions are based on market reviews.;)
People are stupid and can't draw the line between genres, so of course it would called an FPS. But let's face it: Metroid is an adventure game and not just go around kill people. Calling Metroid Prime an FPS is like calling Zelda an RPG (which it clearly isn't; it's an Adventure).

Let me guess, you're going by read speed of 2x, and not actual amount of data read per second, right? As for programming, I've got my doubts on your ability. Given you can't even talk right at times, I really do question your ability to code.
No, I'm not. You'd know this if you read that article on PS3 vs Xbox 360. Get off your horse and read it.
Concerning programming, I have done a few things... but I doubt that you'd change your mind even if I showed you. But you could check out chuit, my chip8 emulator, which works with nearly every game.

As long as it's Wii, that's your take on it. But if it's not, then this isn't your reaction.
Quite frankly because I loathe both Sony and their stupid creations, including PS3. But it doesn't stop people from buying it, as clearly the case is with you.

Look who's talking. You've been "concerned" about my opinion from the second I started posting. More hypocritical shit I see.

Does my opinion stop you from buying the console or any game? No? Then what's the harm?

And now for some more fun news. What's more fun--PS3 or Wii? According to them: Revolution.
Mike Musgrove - In the Wii-PS3 Playoff, Nintendo Upsets Sony on the Fun Factor - washingtonpost.com

Got a TV that can't handle 720p? Well, now there's a solution. Simply purchase this. If you have $1500 that is.
Sony offers a solution to those who have 480p/1080i HDTVs - PLAYSTATION®3 General - PlayStation.com Forums

Hideo Kojima reports he wants the rumble back. My, I guess the lack of rumble wasn't such a good idea after all...
News: MGS4: Kojima wants the PS3 pad to rumble - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Want to prove you're a real sony fanboy (not directed @ you, general plot). Then buy a Sony PS3 shoe:
The official PS3 shoe! - PS3 Fanboy

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
This is turning more a personal discussion between plot and doom... I make here the request of locking the thread

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
I don't believe you until you provide proof. Either do it or drop the subject.
My point is, don't ask me to respect your privacy, and not somebody else's.;) Unless you'd like me to disrespect yours. Private messages are what they say they are PRIVATE messages.;)

Doomulation said:
People are stupid and can't draw the line between genres, so of course it would called an FPS. But let's face it: Metroid is an adventure game and not just go around kill people. Calling Metroid Prime an FPS is like calling Zelda an RPG (which it clearly isn't; it's an Adventure).
I'll take gaming market's opinion over yours any day. And I used to own Metroid Prime and a Gamecube (OMG, imagine that), and wound up selling it 4 months later. In my personal experience, I also consider it an FPS.

Doomulation said:
No, I'm not. You'd know this if you read that article on PS3 vs Xbox 360. Get off your horse and read it.
Look who's talking. You got proven wrong so many times, and yet you still argue with opinion versus fact.

Doomulation said:
Quite frankly because I loathe both Sony and their stupid creations, including PS3. But it doesn't stop people from buying it, as clearly the case is with you.
So this gives you the right to disrespect someone as a person simply because they don't hate what you hate?

Doomulation said:
Does my opinion stop you from buying the console or any game? No? Then what's the harm?
Because there's a decent way to discuss things, and then there's your way. And quite frankly, your rude, obnoxious approach to it will earn you no credibility.

t0rek said:
This is turning more a personal discussion between plot and doom... I make here the request of locking the thread
Then to be fair, they better lock the Wii thread too. Every time I try to post screens or give a little info on the system, Wii Fanboy #1 jumps in to argue some more. Every time I try to move on, this happens. Why should this thread get closed because one person can't keep out of it?

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I was just requesting, and like you say it, the other thread is going the same way as this one.
If you say Doom or me can't keep out you are so damn wrong. Is just that you can't get the technical facts straight that the XBOX 360 is better than the PS3 in practical horsepower, and that the Wii has a new gameplay system that you refuse to try, even in a store.
Your argument for not trying the wiimote is the same of any heterosexual guy telling why he doesn't want anal sex, in this case the wiimote is not bad as anal sex, you know what I mean

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I think both threads should be locked because all we're doing is pointless fighting, Nintendo and Sony are not worth it... ffs their just games consoles. Ultimately what we say or do here is irrelevant, guess how much of the world population emutalk's userbase makes up? Probably 0.00000001% (Thats still probably too high a number) - what we're doing here is pointless. Sony or Nintendo will meet their fate (as in dead or not) whether we argue about it or not.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
I was just requesting, and like you say it, the other thread is going the same way as this one.
If you say Doom or me can't keep out you are so damn wrong.
Thing is, if neither of you are interested in this console, I don't see why you keep posting in a thread that's intended for and directed at people that DO have an interest in it. That's the problem with people. They can't be happy leaving some people to be happy to talk about new things in something that interests them without other people trying to come in and rain on their parade. It's pretty sad really. As for the X360 being better, I dunno, but I'd say this is proof it's not.;)
Untitled-3.jpg

ScottJC said:
I think both threads should be locked because all we're doing is pointless fighting, Nintendo and Sony are not worth it... ffs their just games consoles. Ultimately what we say or do here is irrelevant, guess how much of the world population emutalk's userbase makes up? Probably 0.00000001% (Thats still probably too high a number) - what we're doing here is pointless. Sony or Nintendo will meet their fate (as in dead or not) whether we argue about it or not.
That's just it: I'm not trying to argue with people, I'm trying to put in some interesting things I'm finding, and others feel the need to turn it into a debate, whether that's what I'm looking for or not.;)

Doomulation

My point is, don't ask me to respect your privacy, and not somebody else's.;) Unless you'd like me to disrespect yours. Private messages are what they say they are PRIVATE messages.;)
Then as I stated, I am not inclined to believe you.

I'll take gaming market's opinion over yours any day. And I used to own Metroid Prime and a Gamecube (OMG, imagine that), and wound up selling it 4 months later. In my personal experience, I also consider it an FPS.
Your preconception about is clouding your mind. You keep getting back to the point that I'm wrong about something. Well, guess what, I haven't been wrong about the blu-ray thingie that you criticize me for, and neither the facts about that the PS3 is underpowered the Xbox 360.

Look who's talking. You got proven wrong so many times, and yet you still argue with opinion versus fact.
Once more, you are obviously stupid (and I mean it) if you keep ignoring facts after people point out to you a link (or point out where to go for reading). Now THAT is common fact. Even if you doubt my opinion or expertise, reading the article would actually prove what I write. Nut you won't even read the thing. Now WHO is the stupid one here? The one who simply cannot get his ass off to read a little article or one who actually read that article and states facts found from therein?
Once again: Read this!
And don't dismiss this before you read that article.

So this gives you the right to disrespect someone as a person simply because they don't hate what you hate?
What does not give me the right to argue on a forum?

Because there's a decent way to discuss things, and then there's your way. And quite frankly, your rude, obnoxious approach to it will earn you no credibility.
And I'll tell you that you're the same because no matter how many times I flash that article before your very eyes, you never read it. You simply keep dismissing everything I say just because *I* say it. You ignore the facts that I post links to articles and heck, even a link to a project I made! Is it arrogance or simply stupidity? Maybe if you took time to read what everyone else told you and maybe looked some facts up, I'd be less "rude" on you.

Then to be fair, they better lock the Wii thread too. Every time I try to post screens or give a little info on the system, Wii Fanboy #1 jumps in to argue some more. Every time I try to move on, this happens. Why should this thread get closed because one person can't keep out of it?
This is a forum. Things are meant to be discussed.

Thing is, if neither of you are interested in this console, I don't see why you keep posting in a thread that's intended for and directed at people that DO have an interest in it.
...Hey, did you read the first post? What the thread was all about? It was some member who just couldn't resist the temptation on the PS3 and everyone joined in to argue against it because the reasons this member chose to acquire the PS3 was ridiculous.

That's the problem with people. They can't be happy leaving some people to be happy to talk about new things in something that interests them without other people trying to come in and rain on their parade. It's pretty sad really.
Again, this is a forum. We have the right to argue and discuss.

As for the X360 being better, I dunno, but I'd say this is proof it's not.;)
Why, I could have SWORN I saw the quality on Xbox 360 outclass that of PS3:
compare.jpg

Xbox 360:
xbox1sm.jpg

Click for big picture

PS3 (sorry for the small picture, but the smartasses seem to have misplaced the link to the actual image):
ps31sm.jpg

Well, maybe I'm just hallucinating! Why, I'm sure it's just a big misunderstanding!
Look for yourself: Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer! Xbox 360 vs. PS3 screens - Joystiq

That's just it: I'm not trying to argue with people, I'm trying to put in some interesting things I'm finding, and others feel the need to turn it into a debate, whether that's what I'm looking for or not.;)

But your attitude DOES all that. Calling Nintendo kiddy company... completely dismissing the Revolution controller without even TESTING it...
Seriously....

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
You know what Doom? I'm tired of arguing with you. The bottom line is it's my decision on what I like. And alot of other people have made their decision, and nothing you (or any other Nintendo fanboy for that matter) says is going to sway us. So, really, you're wasting your time. You keep coming back with the same shit that I've already answered to. I really don't see what drives you to keep arguing about the same crap. Don't you ever get tired of it?

Doomulation

The bottom line is it's my decision on what I like.
Correct.

And alot of other people have made their decision, and nothing you (or any other Nintendo fanboy for that matter) says is going to sway us.
No, and we've given up a long time ago trying to. We're merely pointing out facts.

So, really, you're wasting your time.
No, I'm not. I feel inclined to purge the lies or mis-truths when someone may post them.

You keep coming back with the same shit that I've already answered to.
And you never learn, as you never seem to read any links or information we refer you to, so of course it comes back.

I really don't see what drives you to keep arguing about the same crap. Don't you ever get tired of it?

When I get tired of it, I wait 'til the day after today and continue my crusade. The easiest way isn't always the best.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
When I get tired of it, I wait 'til the day after today and continue my crusade. The easiest way isn't always the best.
Would you just listen to yourself? Crusade? What is this, a fight for a religous belief? FFS, it's a game console, not a world war.:plain:

Doomulation

Would you just listen to yourself? Crusade? What is this, a fight for a religous belief? FFS, it's a game console, not a world war.:plain:

The neverending crusade to set facts straight or at least TRY to. With some people, like you, this just cannot happen. Of course I'm writing about trying to teach you some facts like that the PS3 is weaker than the Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.