What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

dutchMasta

Updated screenshots, finished with the water temple. Might need some improvement.

Starting on Ganon's Tower, doubt I'll finish it though, crazy amount of textures.

Last edited:

dutchrheeren

Great work, but is this only for the surroundings? I saw somebody did a re-texture for Link in here, but the other characters from the game? I have the original textures for Ganondorf, which I could really use te be re-textured in hi res for a project.

I downloaded a "complete" re-textured OoT pack, but it didn't have all the textures for Ganondorf, just the eyes and ears lol...

dutchMasta

Everyone's doing their own designated bits, characters should eventually be done. Ganondorf will be done for sure.
Some quick work from Ganon's Tower

Last edited:

dutchMasta

Thanks guys, but do let me know if any of the textures I've done could do with improving and if you have any ideas that could help!

Sparx

The attention to detail you've put into these textures is amazing. It actually looks like there are carvings and inlays in the walls, instead of just 2d textures. Really impressive stuff :D

Hikari

Heloo guys. Noob question here.

I downloaded 2 of the 3 packs on first post. The other one says "This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times."

Now, should I just extract them at Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda\ ?

Do these 3 packs contain all projects updated, or do I need to download anything else?

tnx for the help and tnx for the great work!!

Zeeber

Dude...
I totally have to be a part of this. I am a total newb here but I know Photoshop and how to draw/paint etc. Someone please tell me how you are doing this, and I will totally Help. This is like the coolest thing I have ever heard of!

I've been playing this game since it came out in '98. I played Master Quest too. I even spent money on it again and got the freaking virtual console version on the Wii. Dudes, I am so totally for the idea of contributing to this game that has been such a lasting part of my life.

Just point me in the direction of how to do this and I will waste limitless amounts of time and effort to make this as awesome as possible! Please.

mode7

Hi Zeeber,
Great you want to contribute.
you will get every help you need.
On how retexturing works on the technical side, look at the stickies of this Forum.
I made two tutorials on how to do Textures from Photos send me a PM with your email and I can send it to you - if you are interested.

dutchMasta

Awesome Zeeber, I think I was in a similar situation, completely new to retexturing but having some knowledge of photoshop (well, I only really had a little, hopefully you have more). Just rip the textures, check which ones haven't been done and use your intuition and you should be fine. Play around, post up some screenshots and people should respond. You should be fine. Obviously, no need to redo every texture, some are hardly improveable.

Try going to
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/
http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/index.php
http://www.biorust.com/
http://ladyoak.com/
Download any textures that look suitable, modify them, blend 2 or more if you want for the desired effect, get custom shapes/patterns/brushes that could help with some patterns or just create your own, etc. The first 2 sites contain a crapload of seamless textures, the latter contain other random stuff. You can just google whatever and create your own if you want. Or sometimes you can just create your own from scratch.

I'm actually considering going out and taking pictures of tons of textures and creating my own seamless texture pack. Everything I look at now is different after retexturing. Would LOVE to rip the new Prince of Persia game's textures, those are brilliant.

Anyway, good luck!