What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Vanit's Sin and Punishment Translation/Retexture Project

OP
V

Vanit

Here's a picture showing how well my static fix works. Also there is still something I'm thinking about doing. Notice how between each word there is a 'U'? That's because for some reason the game is using a U to replace spaces. I can easily fix this by taking U out of the font set... but that also means every word with a capital U in it wouldn't work. What choice do you guys think I should make?

Last edited:

minkster

Wow, thats awesome how you fixed the static through replacing textures and nice job on translating the game. Keep up the good work :)

64fanatic

I can't wait until the realease, it'll be great to play a game that I wouldn't be able to read before. The game looks so fun...

Terranigma

Wow!!! Thank you thank you!!! Ever since I found out about the retexturing projects, I was hoping someone would go and retexture this game. Personally, I think you should just translate the menus since all the dialogue's in English anyway. I don't think anyone would go through the trouble of reading the text, but that's just my opinion.

OP
V

Vanit

The menu's are more or less complete. All I have to do is finish translating all the dialogue (which I might as well do as I have to play the game to get the dumps for everything else), the training and demo dialogue and the scene selection menu.

Also, while playing this I noticed that some textures won't load properly when you use save state. So you guys better get used to not cheating :).

Weatherton (@your question on page 1):There are surprisingly not as many textures in this game as you would think, dispite having awesome cinematography which you don't see in ANY other N64 games (yes, no other games match these cut scenes). 3/4 into the game and there are only 7000 textures or so, where as while I was retexturing Goemon (which is on hold a the moment) at only 1/4 into the game it had over 40000 textures (which made the toggling the dump option a very annoying process).

EDIT: It seems that when you use a save state that the menu's have a different set of textures which I have now dumped and by editing them it seems to have solved most of the save state problem.

Also, what do you guys think of my proposing to cut off the capital 'U' in the font set? From what I can tell the only word that used it was "button" in the into scene". I'm pretty certain I'm going to cut it out now because missing a single 'U' to about 50 spaces filled up with 'U's seems like a good trade off. But still, I would appreciate opinions :).

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The U is definitely a GPU bug. Jabo's D3D8 1.6 doesn't have it. In Rice's, disabling Accurate Texture Mapping and Faster Texture loading and enabling TMEM Emulation, fixes it as well.

The static fix is also unnecessary.. change your FB settings.

Translation is a fairly easy process.. all dialog is spoken in English anyway. :p

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

Would you be able to tell me which frame buffer settings to use because I was pretty sure I had tried every combination. And thanks for the information about the U. It seems there are still things I don't understand about this plugin :).

Also I really want to get the ingame dialogue done because I have a feeling that sometime in the future someone would take it upon themselves to get the dialogue translated and I'd rather get credit for translating the whole thing. And not all of the dialogue in the game is accompanied by English voices. In the training room the voice is a funny sound similar to the style of Banjo Kazooie so I actually have to organise the dialogue a lot more so I can give it to my friend, who's much better than I am at Japanese, and then be able to insert it again without mixing up the order. Additionally, the demo on the title screen that appears if you leave it idle doesn't have any English voices accompaning the dialogue either. But if you really want the Japanese subtitle you can always remove the dialogue. However, as I said before the voices are occasionally not very clear (and in some cases I mean REALLY, it took about 20 minutes to figure out the subtitle in the picture further up this page) and without the subtitles I'll guarantee there will be some dialogue you miss,

Oh well ^^.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

Translation is progressing very well. I've almost finished translating the Training and ingame I've translated the dialogue up to just after you get Saki back.
  Spoiler:
You know, the part just after Achi forces Airan to shoot Saki to make him human again.
I should have pictures up later today or tomorrow.

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I can't wait to try this game out with these textures so I can read what they are saying. I just got the game the other day and watched the intro and it looks really cool. Keep up the good work.

OP
V

Vanit

I've retextured the aiming cursors and redone the textures for the life,time, point and regular bonus icons. Due to internet/networking problems I'm having because of my ISP I won't have the pictures up for another few days. But rest assured I'm working on it every chance I get.

EDIT: Found I had a funny thing called a floppy drive :p. To think I would ever need it again -_-. In anycase, here's the pics.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

Translation of the training is now completely... well... translated, but not inserted into the game as of yet and now the tutorial demo is being translated. I'll have pics up asap.

OP
V

Vanit

Here are the images showing the improved tutorial graphics and a few screens of the fully implemented English dialogue.

meute

This is awesome, I came here looking for a working config for this game and seeing someone working on a translation project...just great!
How will it work when it is done? Or is the project just a hobby of yours and you show the screenshots on the forum?
Anyways good luck, everything looks great so far, I'm amazed that this kind of stuff is even possible.

OP
V

Vanit

It will function, like the rest of the packs in this section of the forum, as a high resolution pack. Using Rice's video plugin the emulator will replace the Japanese and other game textures with the new ones that I have made.

Also I should have a beta release in a matter of days as soon as my friend gets the chance to translate the tutorial dialogue.