What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
OK, I've updated my plugin but the problem seemed to fix itself overnight (???). Guess rebooting my PC just did it.

Now back to the problem I was having in 5.4.2 that's still here. I play Banjo-Kazooie, I enable Complete framebuffer emulation and everything acts like I didn't even do anything. No slowdown, no framebuffer emulation, the only indication that I even changed anything is the setting itself.

This time I've got screenshots of it. Look at my settings then look at the picture. Is this how it's supposed to be?

GE Master

Rice really GoldenEye runs just incredible. Just took a look and I'm blown away. You made a lot of people happy. Now I can blab all about your plugin on my website. Thanks very much.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
RJARRRPCGP said:
In Perfect Dark, the pistol laser guide is blue.
The pistol laser guide is supposed to be red.

Ok, can you get me the save state?

amano

I can confirm that Conker himself is blinking regularily (saw this problem with 5.4.2, too).

With Diddy Kong Racing, Diddy himself is black in the intro.
With Dr. Mario the game is crashing freqently (exception error). It didn't do it with previous releases.

My card: Geforce2MX, 2 stage limited combiner.

rcgamer

the old guy
amano said:
I can confirm that Conker himself is blinking regularily (saw this problem with 5.4.2, too).

With Diddy Kong Racing, Diddy himself is black in the intro.
With Dr. Mario the game is crashing freqently (exception error). It didn't do it with previous releases.

My card: Geforce2MX, 2 stage limited combiner.

on my card the only problem of these that i saw was conkers (conkers kinda flashes into a green tint). the rest worked fine for me.

jessman1988

Banned
rice, man! you're perfecting it more and more every day! just PLEASE make the speed more stable! when i play games they run either slow or glitchy (most of the time) although a lot of games run pretty GOOD! I've also noticed that sometimes gameplay can be really choppy, but yet when i turn the frame-limiter off it runs EXTREMELY fast. This is REALLY bizarre!

SubCog

gauntlet stops flickering if you set the frame update at VI origin update.

Also, goldeneye even on the n64 had depth issues. That may be impossible to fix without a hack.

StAmAtIs

Hey Rice
The update has fixed most of my problems but there are still some that remain.

Super Mario 64: I get a white face
Mario Tennis: Black Court
Banjo Tooie: Weird Sky
Mortal Kombat 4: White fireballs
Conker's Bad Fur Day: One spot of ground is missing and glitchy

I'll check for other bugs and post later.

Screenshots:

StAmAtIs

StAmAtIs said:
Hey Rice
The update has fixed most of my problems but there are still some that remain.

Super Mario 64: I get a white face
Mario Tennis: Black Court
Banjo Tooie: Weird Sky
Mortal Kombat 4: White fireballs
Conker's Bad Fur Day: One spot of ground is missing and glitchy

I'll check for other bugs and post later.

Screenshots:

More Screens:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
jessman1988 said:
rice, man! you're perfecting it more and more every day! just PLEASE make the speed more stable! when i play games they run either slow or glitchy (most of the time) although a lot of games run pretty GOOD! I've also noticed that sometimes gameplay can be really choppy, but yet when i turn the frame-limiter off it runs EXTREMELY fast. This is REALLY bizarre!

If you don't use frame buffer features, the speed is stable.

And you seem not to have a correct CF setting for the game with your emulator, not with the plugin.

khanmeister

Banned
Rice said:
Well, Mario Golf problems are about frame buffer emulation, you may get better result by using different options. I guess it may be solved completely by the new glide64.

South park rally problem is about using of depth buffer, similar to Extreme-G problem. Could be solved by hacking it.

But again, I really have never played or paid attention to these games.

My only thought was at getting your plugin to be closer to 100% compat. I don't really enjoy every rom I have, but I have them to help post problems and try to help you out! Let me know what feedback you would like the most, on what roms! Your plugin is great! I'm always stoked to get a new version!

Also, sometimes fixing a problem in one game can improve performance in another. Maybe the problem in South Park Rally is related to the problem in Golden Eye etc.

Unofficial Rice Tester. :D

amano

OK, got Dr. Mario working again (I don't know which setting caused the problems - maybe a random error that got solved by restarting 1964?).

BTW, I cannot confirm StAmAtIs Problems: Super Mario 64 and Conker work great now. StAmAtIs, try using limited 2 stage combiner!

Here a screenshot of my glitch in the Diddy Kong Racing intro (limited 2 stage combiner again):

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
one question:
the new features and fixes of all this realeses are only in the DirectX mode or are also do or work in the OpenGL mode?
because with my voodoo3 and the MesaFX opengl, only i can play games with this mode...
PS: in Conker BFD, at the big scene where are the bee and the man from the first mission (here he asks to pay 10 dolars to have "manual"), well in that scene when u run, jump, do things in a moment the game freezze and the fun stop :-(, i must press F4........

Status
Not open for further replies.