What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivieryuyu

sorry

euh well I'm sorry but where is the option "disable alpha blender" ?Because I haven't got all the options (rcgamer ' screenshots show me that he have those options). Don't now why. Really sorry I must be idiot....

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hexidecimal said:
Direct X, To Fit Your Video Card, if i use pixel shader for that game i get xcrewy texture colors.

You might need to update your video card driver. Pixel shader should work just great for your video card.

olivieryuyu

disable alpha blender ...

so I found the option (thanks for all) but this doesn't make anything sorry. The texture of the castle is still transparent.

rcgamer

the old guy
yep, ive tried several settings and the castle stays transparent. disabling the blemder just made everything blocky as heck.
ive also noticed that with pisel shaders settings the car colors are differant. with a limited combiner you get like red, yellow and blue, with pixel shaders you get like a mettalic purple, green, etc. Honestly I think the pixel shaders cars look cooler.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Anyone knows what should be right color? Pixel shader is usually much more accurate.

smsidewalk

Hey,
1st i'd like to say what a great job rice has done. I was wondering if there is any way to remove the grey box in the corner of the screen that i get whilst playing Mario Tennis, everything else seems fine and runs smoothly, but this grey box is starting to bug me. Also can anybody tell me the optimal video settings for mario tennis, as i havnt got a clue what to change on there and would probably mess it up totally if i changed anything?

Thanks
Pic of Mario Tennis Problem: Mario Tennis

olivieryuyu

another bug that may be nobody notice

here a bug in beetle adventure racing that is difficult to see: see the signs in the following screenshots: with gln64 the panel is blue and white, with ricevideo the panel is with and transparent .....

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
smsidewalk said:
Hey,
1st i'd like to say what a great job rice has done. I was wondering if there is any way to remove the grey box in the corner of the screen that i get whilst playing Mario Tennis, everything else seems fine and runs smoothly, but this grey box is starting to bug me. Also can anybody tell me the optimal video settings for mario tennis, as i havnt got a clue what to change on there and would probably mess it up totally if i changed anything?

Thanks
Pic of Mario Tennis Problem: Mario Tennis

try using the hide framebuffer effects option, and /or force buffer clear.

verta

runtime error

Im using pj64 1.5 and no mater what options i put this plugin on, i always get unable to init dx8 and the emu crashes. dx works fine.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
updating to Cat 4.2 didnt help, this is what i get, nice blue sky, crappy coloration on MY car

Beetle_Adventure_Rac-4.bmp

olivieryuyu

PD unplayable in full screen

I 've got exactly the same thing with my geforce 3 hexadecimal with beetle adventure racing .......

I also notice that PD isn't playable in full screen: the video plugin use 98% of the cpu !!!!

I must also say that Rice plugin is the best plugin for n64 of the time !!!

rcgamer

the old guy
I guess it just shows how far rice's plugin has advanced the last few months, when that screenshot is considered bad. A few months ago that would have been awesome.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Conkers Bad Fur Day, with DX and Pixel Shader, in the intro and man menu, and im assuming the rest of the game, character models bend over and blink out and in a lot.

Gauntlet Legends:

No Bottom bar, at top, black area (size of bottom bar) flickers ocassionally

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Rice said:
It is not broken, just not work as you expected. I may try to use it in slightly better way, but it is only for extreme usage, not mean to be enabled all the way.

Rice, I found the following GFX errors, the building in this Goldeneye 007 screenshot isn't being drawn properly from a distance and you can see the items that are supposed to be inside the building when you're not supposed to. I was hoping that force depth compare can fix GFX errors like the ones in this Goldeneye 007 screenshot. Also, notice some trees are appearing in front of the building when those trees are actually behind the building. The GFX errors I'm getting here are depth errors:

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
olivieryuyu said:
I also notice that PD isn't playable in full screen: the video plugin use 98% of the cpu !!!!

Geforce 3 (And FX 5200) pixel shader performance decreases sharply when screen resolution increases. If you want to play full screen with pixel shader, you may want to use relatively low resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.