What's new

Rice Video Plugin 5.4.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Yes, it shows some stuffs, but it won't work since the ucode is not supported.

SubCog

okay, here's the goldeneye pics I was talking about. why is it changing the texture like that? I've also noticed it in donkeykong

SubCog

mickey's racing doesn't have alot of errors, but a couple here and there. I can send you a savestate for this level if you want.

SubCog

and here's pilotwings. sorry, it's not perfect afterall. There's a couple of errors on the horizon. It's almost perfect though.

olivieryuyu

5.4.3b nice !!!

with the 5.4.3b version all is fine now.

Well I can see some improvements on some games like PD. That's cool !!!
Thanks !!!

I noticed something interesting: in beetle adventure racing with pixel shader the sky is blue but the car have a wrong color (or reflections ?) but in limited 3 the car have the right color but the sky is grey. I don't know if that could help you ...

Thanks for your so cool plugin !!!

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
my webspace goes to space.......... "under maintenance" as the technical support (from brturbo.com ISP) guy said to me.......... :getlost: :gunman:

posting in Terra Networks ISP............ :naughty:

the first (.sav0) is from H3ad5h0tter..... intact, original......
but when i load this save state, the zelda pause screen are all in german.....
i "fixed" saving in sram, loading the sram and remade the save state at the same point....... this is the second one (.sav1)........
posting my sram too........

Zelda Save State

khanmeister

Banned
SubCog said:
and here's pilotwings. sorry, it's not perfect afterall. There's a couple of errors on the horizon. It's almost perfect though.

Verdicts:

Mario Golf is playable, but still has many problems.
Mario Tennis slows to a crawl, but looks perfect.
RR64 is flawless.
Mortal Kombat 4 perfect.
Super mario 64 Perfect.
Snowboard Kids 2 : Totally unplayable. Nothing but colored screens.
South Park Rally: Still has the background in front problem (see attached).
Puzzle League: Gameplay good, no menus or intro.
Virtual Chess: Black Screen, game plays with no gfx.
Quake 2: Perfect, but dark.

That's my short list for now.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Beatle Adventure Racing is all screwed up on my 9600XT, default settings for plugin:

Beetle_Adventure_Rac-0.bmp

Beetle_Adventure_Rac-1.bmp

Beetle_Adventure_Rac-2.bmp

Beetle_Adventure_Rac-3.bmp

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Rice, force depth compare seems to be broken. Enabling force depth compare only
causes all the GFX to disappear!!!.

I also noticed that when I tested force depth compare with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, all of the GFX are missing, a black screen, but I can still hear The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time responding to button presses.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
khanmeister said:
Verdicts:

Mario Golf is playable, but still has many problems.
Mario Tennis slows to a crawl, but looks perfect.
Snowboard Kids 2 : Totally unplayable. Nothing but colored screens.
South Park Rally: Still has the background in front problem (see attached).
Puzzle League: Gameplay good, no menus or intro.
Virtual Chess: Black Screen, game plays with no gfx.

That's my short list for now.

To make Mario Tennis faster, just need to turn off "N64 Frame Buffer Emu" option to None or Hide.

Virtual Chess: I guess you can change the "Frame Update At" to "Update at 1st CI" or "Update at CI changes" to see the graphics.

Puzzle League: If you want to see the menu, you should try to change "N64 Frame Buffer Emu" option to something like "Render-to-texture". You may need to try to use other value for this option.

Snowboard Kids 2: It should work just fine. I don't think it is broken. Check your "Force Depth Buffer" option, flip it.

Other two games: does someone really care?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hexidecimal said:
Beatle Adventure Racing is all screwed up on my 9600XT, default settings for plugin:

I don't think you are using the version 5.4.3b. Try to download the file again in the first post.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
RJARRRPCGP said:
Rice, force depth compare seems to be broken. Enabling force depth compare only
causes the all the GFX to disappear!!!.

I also noticed that when I tested force depth compare with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, all of the GFX are missing, a black screen, but I can still hear The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time responding to button presses.

It is not broken, just not work as you expected. I may try to use it in slightly better way, but it is only for extreme usage, not mean to be enabled all the way.

Trotterwatch

Other two games: does someone really care?

Mario Golf and South Park Rally - Definately!

If it's a lot of hassle getting them to work by all means leave it, but both of those games are pretty good and well worthy of emulating.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I second the vote for mario golf and south park rally. and wonder why redownloading fixed my problem, ah well who cares, one more question, should the skys be all gray or blue?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Well, Mario Golf problems are about frame buffer emulation, you may get better result by using different options. I guess it may be solved completely by the new glide64.

South park rally problem is about using of depth buffer, similar to Extreme-G problem. Could be solved by hacking it.

But again, I really have never played or paid attention to these games.

olivieryuyu

beetle adventure racing again and again

Well here a bug that could be interesting. In Beetle Ad racing in the first level there is a castle: the texture of the castle is transparent or something like that.
See the screenshots as example

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You know I am using 9600, too.

Are you using Pixel Shader? or other DX combiner? or Opengl? Check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.