• [IMG]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/565/newst3.png[/IMG]

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • [IMG]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2650/oldzz0.png[/IMG]

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Blacklord said:
:p if u look real good in a corner is the ford logo. Now thats my kind of logo. And bevels are the best part. Thats it!!!!! Thats what pj64 is missing! A Super logo filled with blend options and bevels!(just kiding).
I mean pj64 has only text. It needs a image, right?
Here is a draft.
there is a P stuck to a J
Oh and SWAT u forgot about the irregular light effects :p

Not shaded Ford logo -->
97edb556bc14db82ce7aab236797a05a.2791.gif

Of course there's been some restyling with Ford (and lots of other brands) which added some shading. Read that again: "SOME shading". You did not design anything, you wrote a P and a J, extruded, beveled, colored them in 3DS Max. You didn't sit down for a moment and started to think about some ideas for a new logo.

Yup, I forgot the scene lightning, I'm still trying to forget the whole pic :p

Can't you just stop posting 3D pics and upload some pencil drafts-sketches?

Talker got the idea: two inks (I see three I think, but it's ok :) ), simple, etc. I would suggest trying to fit it into a square (it's more like a rectangle). Good work

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
i understand u perfectly. But I'm still going for the perfect logo design.
But i didn't color them in 3ds max and didn't add any bevel! Now u just got a grudge against me:p. Oh and i did think a lot about it and that is just a draft.

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Some interesting artwork guys, talker & sick-deal have my favorites at the moment nice work :)

Please keep mind mind for a real submission we would need a logo about the size of the existing one (a smaller one won't help unfortunately) as well as matching ICON sets (16x16, 32x32, 48x48, and 64x64 I think in 256 colors?) for the actual executable - this is a package deal :) and the keeping with the color theme definitely helps (i dont think we can redo our website :p)

Last edited:

talker

Trotterwatch said:
I really like Talker's one, though he should fix the typo as soon as possible (Projoect 64).
Thanks for telling me, Trotterwatch. Here's those last three I uploaded without the typo.

SWAT_Marc said:
Hey, Jabo, Talker says he is a web designer, maybe he could redo the site
Yeah, I could do that. I'm not one of the top-ten webdesigners, but I've got alot of good respon on my sites. I'm not known with the news-posting system on the site to PJ64, tho..
I'll think about it.

Jabo said:
Some interesting artwork guys, talker & sick-deal have my favorites at the moment nice work
Thanks Jabo=)

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Just got a very simple idea, the eight ball:

- It's the winner ball in pool.
- Eight to the power of 2 = 64.
- One color: black. Smart and easy to print (black is cheaper, you know), readable, etc.
- Very functional (look at the 8x8 version for app icon).

101646648_186c9f15a5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
This is my last try. After this BL entertainment admits defeat for the first time :(. Yeah it's sad but in life u gotta lose sometimes in order to win in other times.

Trotterwatch

That last attempt looks like you've discovered the picture tube tool :D

Nice to see you fixed the spelling Talker, that looks excellent now. I also really like SWAT_Marc's one, simple yet very well executed.

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
They are nice but the idea is worse than mine. I mean whats up with the chip in the background?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Blacklord said:
They are nice but the idea is worse than mine. I mean whats up with the chip in the background?

It's not a chip, it's a wireframed n64. And how can my idea be any worse than yours? I didn't just mesh things together with strange rainbow text.

Knuckles

nice ones posty.

Blacklord , seems like you think you are better than everyone and you have better ideas. You need to differency personnal stuff to a contest of more "professionnal" stuff. If you want to show / get comments / get help on what you do, you better make your own thread instead of spamming with stuff you did with seems like every new things you found or trying to use as much effects as possible.

Look, I'm doing only basic thing, I won't post things I know aren't good. I don't even try since I know I won't do as much as most people here.

spotanjo3

talker said:
While Blacklord is making his logo's, here's what iv'e done by some minutes in Photoshop. Please click on the thumbnails of the picture to view full size of the logo's.

(I'm not so good at logo's, tho. I am a WebDesigner and arn't used to make such things for programs)

Nice but it is too flat. I like Blacklord's idea a little bit better since it is more of the 3-D looking but still not a good enough, thought. Again, mario in it is illegal I think..it is a copyright so just use Pj64's logo only..it will help you getting into 3-D looking. ;)

64fanatic

Blacklord said:
Hmm maybe i lied a bit about being a bigshot in 3ds max but i really am a bigshot in photoshop. Since ur the almighty expert which one do u think i should use? Dirrected at talker.
Yes i do admit Ckemu has surpassed me in making that pcsx logo but all i need is a bit of more pactice+6032$ application= Really good. I admit defeat in the 3d logo race but i'm still top of 2D :p so bring it on! ahahahah!

i forgot to say:

if your better with photoshop, then why aren't you using it dumbass?

OP
Blacklord

Blacklord

Banned
I didn't mean any offense i just said my opinion. How about the others which said my logos suck. What about them?
Emu64 Fanatic: I like it when everything is really 3D. Plus i am learning to use 3ds max.

sick deal

I am glad you guys liked my logo. Staying within the color bounds of cyan and red creates quite and interesting challenge. A little mockup that I made: