What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

Here you go.
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=G288HP0F

Please note that the lava textures in Planet Zebes unfortunately may cause slowdowns. It's not a problem with the textures but with the plugin. There are also a few less important zipped textures with the same problem. Being zipped they won't load - I just wanted to include those textures nevertheless. Also the "SMASH" writing in the title screen is pretty displaced - I haven't figured out how exactly this one works.

Anyway, have fun!

Last edited:

Aight12

Please note that the lava textures in Planet Zebes unfortunately cause slowdowns. It's not a problem with the textures but with the plugin. There are also a few less important zipped textures with the same problem. Being zipped they won't load - I just wanted to include those textures nevertheless. Also the "SMASH" writing in the title screen is pretty displaced - I haven't figured out how exactly this one works.

Anyway, have fun!

Just tried it and it's really awesome:p

What i really like the most in that pack are the backgrounds. About Planet Zebes i doesn't get any slowdown it doesn't get lower than 60fps even with 4 players. FYI, i'm using Glide64 Napalm 1.1 plugin. So yeah The SMASH thing is fucked up for me other than that everythings is chill.

BTW, are you completely done with the pack?

Last edited:

2kool4skool

As far as I can tell, it *looks* done. Very excellent pack. Still need to test it more. Also, if you figure out some fixes, would it be possible to upload them as their own pack so I don't have to redownload the entire thing again? Anyhow...
WONDERFUL work. I love you.

Kyo

Yeah..
Thank you, thank you guys!

The pack is brilliant. I'll have to get my friend's pc to test it thoroughly though, mine is too crappy to play with the pack at decent speed and video quality, so I just tried it out for a while. I'm seeing my friends and I having fun with this for a long time.

Beautiful. Just brilliant.:satisfied

Thanks a lot, guys! =)
About Planet Zebes i doesn't get any slowdown it doesn't get lower than 60fps even with 4 players. FYI, i'm using Glide64 Napalm 1.1 plugin. So yeah The SMASH thing is fucked up for me other than that everythings is chill.
Good to know. Seems like my pc is the flaw then. You might try to unzip .../SMASH BROTHERS/Main Menu/overflow.zip - it will probably work for you too.
BTW, are you completely done with the pack?
We've retextured pretty much everything we aimed to so actually yes. But nevertheless it is possible that we might add or fix a texture or two.
Also, if you figure out some fixes, would it be possible to upload them as their own pack so I don't have to redownload the entire thing again?
Sure, should really be no problem.

cerebus5

I'm having some slowdown problems with some levels on Rice, and I can never seem to get Glide to work properly. But this is an awesome piece of work, it looks complete.

Sparx

Some of my backgrounds aren't showing up. About half do and half don't. I'm using the Glide Napalm 1.1 plugin. I'll report later about which ones specifically I'm not seeing.

Aight12

Good to know. Seems like my pc is the flaw then. You might try to unzip .../SMASH BROTHERS/Main Menu/overflow.zip - it will probably work for you too.

No, it's not your pc it's definitely because of the plugin. I just tried to use it with Rice and i'm getting alots of slowdown. Anyway i'll try the overflow thing later didn't have the time now so can't let you know right now =/.

kevinyunlai

thanks for this great pack
looks amazing!

However, I encountered some problems (my problems, my fault, my computer)
I am new to texture pack
I follow the tutorial
but still have problems...

1. I get "failed to load plugin: C:\Program files\Project 64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo6.1.3Dx9.dll"
the texture still works though....(am able to play as though nothing has happened, but....)

2. my frame rate goes all over the place with the texture enable, went from 80 to 0, then back...kind of unplayable... (without textures, everything is fine, up to 70-80 average)

3. is it supposed to load texture everything I start the game/

4. Also, even when I have 70-80 framerate i still get choppy gameplay...

thanks for the help

_yo_wasup_

I have checked this thread like every day since the summer, and today it is finally here!

I messed around with 2 different video plugins to get the HD textures to work. I first tried Mudlord's Rice 1.6.3 - DX9 plugin, and that didn't seem to that well of a job getting all the textures working.. mainly the players were just modified this plugin also experienced a bunch of random crashes. I then tried the Mudlord's Rice 1.6.4 and most the textures work, and I am very impressed with the outcome. This still isn't a perfect plugin, or at least how I have mine set up. I wasn't able to change the antiailising for some reason, (I'm not familiar with other plugins). I tried to use Glide64 Napalm 1.1 and I couldn't get it installed for some reason. I would extract from the plugin directory in the archive to my plugin folder and then was going to select it in the settings of p64, but I got a warning message every time i started p64 that said it cannot find the plugin I put in there. They were in there, but I didn't spend 20 minutes trying to figure this one out, so it's probably an easy fix if anyone knows how.

Here's what it looks like with Mudlord's Rice 1.6.4.

As you can see, the tower isn't the same as yours: (this is not my screeny):

c2.jpg

This is mine:

c2b.png

As you can see, the steps are the same, but not the brick wall.

There are also some differences in samus's shot:

(Authors shot:)

c1.jpg

My shot:

c1b.png

Another texture problem with this plugin or my setup:

e1.png

Another texture problem with this plugin or my setup:

e2.png

Some other shots:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Any help would be appreciated. If others could post their options as well with different plugins, that would be the best way to help. Thanks for all the hard work you have done Pietschie & Bad Randolph, I really appreciate it.

cerebus5

I actually found the best is Napalm 1.1, but it crashes occasionally. It shows all the textures though. This is one awesome pack though.

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Thanks for providing a mirror! For those how can't get every texture to load properly, try using Rice 6.1.4 with the following setting:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6955/smashhdvt5.jpg
Make sure you have the same options ticked.

The Napalm 1.1 should also display all the textures and should have no problems with the planet zebes stage.

Last edited: